Chapter 2

Until My Last Breath

Baekhyun faced the flat-rounded microphone inside the recording room as he started to sing. It was  a happy happy song but Baekhyun can't seem to get the happy vibe or feelings. Bull, he thought. It was making him hard to sing. Mr. Jung, Baekhyun's singing teacher stand outside the small room, only having a walls and three windows combined sized of glass making them can see whoever is singing inside seperating them . His face showed sign of dissaproval of Baekhyun's voice today. He can't feel the feelings of the song. To put it simply, there's not emotion in Baekhyun's voice. Not even a slightest emotion.

 

Sehun stands there, watching baekhyun putting his best to sing with emotions but hell, even just by watching, Sehun knows Baekhyun is struggling. "This won't do" Mr. Jung said. "He seems like he can't find the feelings. We've been doing this like, six times already and he still can't get the vibe. What happened to him? He never like this." Mr. Jung asked Sehun but the blonde just shrugged. The teacher sighs. Mr. Jung turned off the song, making Baekhyun look towards them, furrowing his eyebrows.

 

Baekhyun got out from the recording room as Mr. Jung motioned him to get out. "Are you okay? You doesn't seem like yourself today. It alreary you sixth times today and you still can't put the emotions in he song." Mr. Jung said as he message his temples. "I'm sorry for dissapointin-" "No..no it's not that you're dissapointing me. It just..your voice is still great and smooth but..there's no emotions when you sing. It worried me." Mr. Jung explained.

 

Sehun looked at both of them. He will definitely get into detention later because it was already time to get in his class but here he is, watching Baekhyun and Mr. Jung(mostly Baekhyun though) talking about singing, emotions, feelings and vibes that Sehun never care of. All he cares about is Baekhyun.

 

He snapped from his thought when he heard Mr. Jung said the words, 'Baekhyun' and 'bleeding'. He looked at Baekhyun's direction and saw that his nose is bleeding. "Mr. Jung please excuse Baekhyun and i for a while." Mr. Jung looked at Sehun and then back to Baekhyun. "Okay, but you can go home if you want to. I will tell your homeroom teacher." He said to Baekhyun. "That will be unnecessary. I think i will be alright. I will get here back and finish the song." Baekhyun stated. "Are you sure?" Mr. Jung asked. Baekhyun is his only best student. He can't let Baekhyun get sick. "Yeah, i'm sure" Baekhyun said as he struggling to stop the bleeding.

 

As Sehun and Baekhyun arrived at the toilet, Sehun take out a small pack of tissues and give one to Baekhyun. He sigh. He knows that this will happen again. He don't know why Baekhyun doesn't want to get a treatment. "Thanks" Baekhyun grinned to Sehun as he take the tissue. "You still have the nerve to grin." Sehun muttered. "Are you talking to me? I can't hear it." "Nothing"

 

----

 

Baekhyun walking back to the studio, with Sehun walks beside him, of course. The blonde is not going to let Baekhyun go anywhere after what happened earlier. He's scared. Today, his nose is bleeding. He scared that tomorrow he's going to see Baekhyun lying on a hospital bed and in a blink of eyes, he's going watch Baekhyun's funeral being held. That was the last thing he want to see.

 

"Why are you so quiet?" Baekhyun asked. "I am quiet" Sehun retorted. "Nope, you're Sehun" Baekhyun said and then giggles. This sight making Sehun forget his thought and smile brightly. Until a certain giant decide to ruin the mood.

 

"Baekhyun!" Chanyeol said as he run to the said male while grinning. Baekhyun smile wider as he watch the giant run to him with a goofy smile. "Yeah?" Baekhyun asked while patting Chanyeol's blazer to remove the nonexistence dust from it. "I searched for you around the school but i can't find you." Chanyeol pouts. "Sorry, Mr. Jung wants to record me singing, again." Baekhyun said. "Oh, i searched for you to ask if you can come to my house for dinner tonight." Chanyeol said making Baekhyun furrow his eyebrows. 

 

"Why?" Baekhyun asked as he turned to Sehun which is having his resting face on. Sehun is never fond of Chanyeol anyway. "Well...my mom asked me to bring Seolhee and you to my house. I understand why she asked me to bring Seolhee since she well aware that i'm having a girlfriend now but i don't know why she want me to bring you too." Of course, it always about Seolhee. 

 

"I'll try" Baekhyun smiled weakly.

 

----

 

"Oh, there you are. I thought you both will never come back" Mr. Jung exclaimed as he see both of the boys walking inside the studio. The boys smiled and bow a little. "Sorry, we was chatting a bit with one of my friends"

 

"Ready to sing?" Mr. Jung asked. "Yeah, but can i change the song?" Baekhyun asked and Mr. Jung nodded. "Depends. What song?" Baekhyun not thinking twice as he answered..

 

"Lonely by Jonghyun and Taeyeon"

 

"But the song needs two people" Mr. Jung stated. "Well..we have Sehun here" Baekhyun said and Sehun widen his eyes. "Why me?!" Sehun screeched. "Sehun can sing?" Mr. Jung asked, completely unaware of this new information. "No-" "Yes. His singing is great as his dancing." Baekhyun winked at Sehun who looking back at him with a shocked expression. Mr. Jung nodded in approval. "Okay, then" He said before shoving both of them inside the recording room.

 

That day, everyone's ears is blessed by Baekhyun and Sehun's voice.

 

----

 

Everyone is staring at Sehun as he walked in the school's hallways. Some of the boys and girls showed love in their eyes. Who would know that a boy that can rap and dance well can sing too? He's a complete boyfriend package. Sehun ran as he spotted the one who make the whole situations like this.

 

"Byun Baekhyun!!" He yelled as he ran and throw his arms around the smaller, headlocking him. "ing let go of me, !" Baekhyun said and Sehun finally let go. Both of them fix their uniforms. "What the ing hell?" Baekhyun said as he glared at the blonde. "Can't you see all the people looking at me? Their eyes basically turned into hearts. It's all your fault." Sehun pouts and Baekhyun coos. Sehun rarely pout and Baekhyun would treasure the moments he does.

 

Sehun's pout turned into frown when he saw a familia red liquid flowing out from Baekhyun's nose. "Your nose is bleeding...again." Sehun said as he pulls Baekhyun into an empty classroom and make him sit on a desk and began to cleans Baekhyun's nose. "Your nose is bleeding twice today." Sehun stated. "I know." Baekhyun answered plainly. "Don't you worry about it?" Baekhyun just smiled at his other bestfriend. "It might be funny but suprisingly, i'm not." That statement make Sehun stop cleaning his bestfriend's bleeding nose. "You're....not?" He asked and Baekhyun hummed. 

 

"...why?" Sehun muttered and Baekhyun just smiled lightly. "Because we're bound to die someday. Mine just happen to come early" Sehun sigh in discontent. "It's because you're not taking any treatment! Can't you at least consider about it? What about...me?" Sehun's tears slowly escaping his eyes. Baekhyun wiped it. This sight making his heart hurt. "Sehun, the treatment only making me live longer. Not saving me. Even if it did save me, it will come back someday. Beside, i can handle it. I think it will not hurt so much." Baekhyun said.

 

"You? You said you can handle it?" Sehun scoffed. "Sehun-"

 

"YOU'RE HAVING LEUKEMIA FOR GOD SAKE!!"