Chapter 3

Until My Last Breath

Baekhyun sigh for the tenth time as he does his revision. He decided to do a little revision before going to Chanyeol's. The giant has messaged him earlier that the dinner will be on 8pm. After Sehun snapped to him in the empty classroom earlier at school, the younger didn't bother to try to talk to him, or apologize. Baekhyun understand him. He really do. Sehun and him came from Busan to Seoul because it was Baekhyun's dream to go to an art high school. It was the same as Sehun too. The younger always wanted to go to an art school because of his passion in dancing but since his mom doesn't approve it, he was supposed go to Jangil Highschool. 

 

It was like dream come true when his mom tell that he will enroll in an art highschool, but at the same time, the reason make his heart shatter.

 

-------

 

Rain. Something that Sehun always loved. He smiled as he extend his hand to feel the cold liquid pouring from the skies. It's look like i need to get home drenched again. He smiled at the thought. He did bring his unbrella. His mom reminds him as she saw the weather news but Sehun will not ever let go of the opportunity to walk under the rain. His stomach already bubbling in anticipation as his mind imagining the scene. He hold his bag's straps tighter as he ran from the bus stop. He felt the raindrops pouring on him, making him smile wider.

 

When he arrived at his home, he surprised to see a pair of nike shoes belonged to someone he dearly aprreciate. What's Baekhyun doing here? Especially when it's raining? He thought as he scrunched his nose in confusion. Baekhyun hate rain. He hate it as much as he hate when someone eats his food without his permission. Even though their home is just beside each other, Baekhyun still hate to go to Sehun's when it's raining because the raindrops will drop on him. So Baekhyun walking to Sehun's house especially when it's raining is a big no-no. 

 

"I'm home!" Sehun beamed as he pull off his shoes and put it on the shoe rack. Sehun's mom, Mrs Oh walks towards his son and ruffle his hair. "You forgot to bring your umbrella agin?" Sehun grinned as he showed his umbrella to his mom. "I know you love rain so much but you'll get sick. Baekhyun is here by the way. He's at the dining room" His mom stated. "I know. I saw his shoes at the doorstep. What's the matter?" His mom sighed. "Go change your clothes first and come to the living room when you're done. We have to discuss about something." Sehun furrowed his eyebrow. "Okay".

 

Sehun settle himself with white tank top and a black sweatpants. He walked downstairs to the living room and saw his mom and Baekhyun talking. His mom say something that make Baekhyun frowned. As they sense Sehun presence nearing, they snapped their heads towards Sehun as he plopped himself on the couch. "What's the matter?" His mom and Baekhyun looked at each other before his mom started talking. She take a deep breath. "You'll enroll at Seoul Art High with Baekhyun." She smiled widely after that. Sehun still doesn't believe what he heard. He looked at Baekhyun for comfirmation and jump from the couch and hug his mom as he saw Baekhyun smiled back at him and nodded his head.

 

"Really?! Really, really?! You'll let me enroll to an art highschool?" Sehun can't hide the excitement he felt when he saw his mom nodded. Then Sehun pull off when he realised one thing. "But you said Seoul Art High. We will need to move out." He frowned and his mom chuckled. Baekhyun too since this is a rare sight. "Your family will stay here and you will go to Seoul with me." Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

"W..hat? What do you mean?" Baekhyun knocked his head making him let out a small 'ouch'. "You know what i mean. Don't play dumb. You know i hate that" Baekhyun frowned. Sehun's mom chuckled before excusing herself, giving the boys private time. "I will go to Seoul with you while my family stay here?" Sehun says slowly as Baekhyun's frown deeper. "God, don't make me say it twice. But don't you feel happy?! You're going to Seoul Art High Not that Jangil High." Baekhyun beamed as he jumps a little. "Of course! It's Seoul Art High for God's sake! But i feel a little weird at the thought leaving my family here." He said and Baekhyun nodded.

 

"I know. Me too. I will miss my mom's nagging, my dad's little story and Baekbeom's rant." Baekhyun said in a low tone. "Me too. Where will we live if we enroll there? Seoul Art High doesn't have dormitary." Sehun asked as Baekhyun drink his tea that was prepared by Mrs. Oh when Sehun is still upstairs, changing his clothes.

 

"My aunt owns an apartment there but no one is living there since she migrated to America. She still keep the house though. My mom tell her that i will enroll in Seoul Art High and she offered to live at her house." Sehun nodded at the information."But..why did my mom suddenly let me enroll at an art highschool? I thought she still want me to become a lawyer." Sehun scrunched his nose.

 

"I told her too. You know that i will enroll at Seoul Art High right? I asked your mom to let you enroll there with me." This make Sehun confuse more. "But how did you convince her this time? We already tried last week and we ended up getting roasted by my mom." Sehun grimaced at the memory. Baekhyun gulped. "Sehun, i have leukemia." Baekhyun stated hesitantly and surprised by Sehun's laughter.

 

"Y..you told her that?! N..no doubt she be..believed! But seriously dude, you need to tell her the truth. You're dead if she know you're lying. I want to go to Seoul Art High but i think i will be okay going to Jangil High."

 

Baekhyun can't believe what he heard. Sehun thought he's...lying?

 

"Oh Sehun! I'm not lying. It's true. I have leukemia." Sehun laughter changed into a nervous laugh. "Stop it..it's not funny...it's okay, i will enroll to Seoul Art High if you want but don't make a joke like that." Sehun stand up and Baekhyun immediately stand up too. "Sehun, look, i'm not joking-" Baekhyun's words immediately cutted by Sehun. "Stop it! I don't want to believe it! You're lying! You just want me to enroll with you right? Tell me that i'm right! Baekhyun! Byun Baekhyun! Answer me! Tell me that i'm right!" Sehun dropped on the floor as he saw Baekhyun stand there, not saying anything with his tears streaming on his cheeks.

 

"....please.." Sehun sobbed and Baekhyun stormed out from his bestfriend's house, not minding the rain that getting heavier since their argument. Sehun held tight on his chest as he sobbed harder. "..please.." What's he's begging for? For all of this to be just a dream? For Baekhyun to go inside his house back and yells, "I'm joking!!"? He don't know. What he knows is he's going to lose his bestfriend

------

Two months passing by with Baekhyun and Sehun avoiding each other. There's one week left until Baekhyun left his hometown and go to Seoul. There one week left for Sehun to think if he's going to enroll with Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun knows too well that Sehun's struggling. It's hard seeing him in that condition. After the day Baekhyun stormed out from Sehun's house, Baekhyun always saw Sehun walking lifelessly with bags under his eyes. Without both of them realising, one week already about to pass.

 

Baekhyun hugged his family as his flight was announced. He turned and walked towards the gate as he heard his name being called by a voice he missed too much.

 

"Byun Baekhyun!" He turned and greeted by Sehun with two big luggages in his hands. Baekhyun run and higged his bestfriend. "You came..i thought you will let me go to Seoul without seeing your face for the last time." Baekhyun sobbed on Sehun's shirt and Sehun chuckled. "I will not okay, and who say i'm only come to watch you go? I'm coming with you." Sehun grinned. "Y..you mean..oh god!" Sehun pulls off and cupped Baekhyun's face. "I'm sorry for being so stubborn and avoid you this two months." Sehun said with regret shows in his eyes. "It's okay, silly. We better fast or we will never step our feet in Seoul." Baekhyun said before pulling Sehun.

 

-------

 

It was the first week of school and Baekhyun already attached at this school. Sehun and him was assigned in the same class even though they take different major. Baekhyun took singing while Sehun took dancing. It doesn't reach half a week but Sehun and Baekhyun already surrounded by admirers. 

 

------

 

It was raining when Baekhyun goes home. Sehun left and go home earlier than Baekhyun because he was tired as to wait until Baekhyun finishes his extra singing class. He walks in a fast pace because he started to freeze to death. He walks even faster when he felt faint raindrops blown by the wind to him. The floor was slippy and Baekhyun doesn't realise that he's falling. Not until a pair arms catches him. "You okay?" He heard a deep voice asking. "Y..yeah..i'm fine. I think. Can you please..let me go?" Baekhyun looked at his savior's face and he swear his jaw falls.

 

He heard a chuckle and close his mouth. "I know i'm handsome but that reaction is priceless." Baekhyun scoffed. "By the way, i'm Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol extend his hand for a handshake."Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun." They become friends since that day and Baekhyun doesn't realise he's falling for the taller.

 

Not until Kang Seolhee came.

 

-----

 

Baekhyun smiled bitterly at the memories. He miss being Chanyeol's only one. He thought he's hoing to stay like that but she has to come and ruin it. Of course, nothing stay forever. He looked at his watch and realise it almost 8pm. He closed his book and stand up to get ready for to go to the Park's.