Chapter 1

Until My Last Breath

It was a normal day, sunny day. It wasn't too hot and it's not too cold either. Just a perfect temperature. Birds chirping, the sound of laughter, chatter, and everything else can be heard. It was just like other day, students walking to their school, and that includes Byun Baekhyun. Just another norma- "Byun Baekhyun!!" A deep voice that obviously too loud can be heard calling for the said male, making some students and workers turns their head towards the taller. Some are simply looking and some are glaring. 

 

Baekhyun turned his head towards the taller, frowning. "How many times did i need to tell you that you didn't need to yell to call me. I'm not deaf..geez." Baekhyun said as the taller walk- jog closer to him. He was jogging towards him while holding his bag's strap and wearing his usual cute, big smile, showing his set of pearly teeth. 'So cute.' The smaller thought.

 

"I was calling for you since earlier..but..you didn't turn so i yelled your name." The taller pout making Baekhyun's heart thumping violently. 'Stop it.' He thought. "Really? I guess i'm too busy looking at the surrounding and didn't notice you're calling for me. And stop pouting. You're 17 not four." The taller pout even more. "But you love it right? You said that this pout is yours. So that mean, i'm yours." What the hell- "How the hell did you think of that nonsense? And if you're mine, how about Seolhee, Park Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked. "Seolhee owns my love but my pout is for you, Byun Baekhyun. And talking about Seolhee, i forgot i need to give her handkerchief back. She'll definitely kill me." Chanyeol said and started running towards the school's gate.

 

Baekhyun just stared at him sadly. 'He's not yours. Stop being a fool and move on.' Baekhyun thought sadly. But it's true though. He never owns Chanyeol's heart. He about to own it when a girl appear and snatch it from him. Kang Seolhee.

 

The one that steal his Chanyeol from him. The one that make him become the second place in Chanyeols heart. The one that steal Chanyeol's first kiss. The one that hug Chanyeol, hold Chanyeol's hand. Baekhyun hate that. Why can't he be her? He would do anything to be loved by his giant, his first love, by Park Chanyeol. Not as a bestfriend of course. He want to be loved as a lover. In a romantic way. He's been dreaming about that but he can only dream.

 

He greeted the gate's security before making his way in the school's ground.  Once he arrived at his respective classroom, a blonde haired boy that he knows too well made his way towards him. "Byun, you're needed in studio number one." Baekhyun scrunched his nose. "Why?" He asked while opening his water bottle's cap and take a gulp of water. "I don't know. Maybe to record your singing." The blonde shrugged. Baekhyun closed his water bottle and rolled his eyes. "Again? Gosh.. i'm a student for Tao's gucci's sake, not a ing singer." He frowned. 

 

Byun Baekhyun. A student that blessed with an angel's voice that he inherited from his mother. His voice match with his angelic face that he got from both of his parents. "Not my fault that you given with a smooth voice. Your singing rank is the highest in Seoul Art High. You're given the oppurtunity to be a trainee under SM, YG and JYP yet you decline it. Such a waste." The blonde stated. "Shut up, Oh. You and i both know so well why i didn't accept the traineeship." Baekhyun said, voice getting smaller every second.

 

"Byun Baekhyun-" "Oh Sehun...can we please drop this topic? I feel uncomfortable talking about it" Baekhyun smiled weakly. Sehun just nodded hesitantly, knowing that this is a heavy topic and smiled back. "Okay.." He sigh. "But can i accompany you to the studio? You know..to make sure that you're alright.." Sehun asked.

 

"You don't have to ask. Even if i said 'no' you will still accompany me right?" Baekhyun said, smile getting wider this time. Sehun nodded eagerly. "Of course. You're the reason why my mom force me to enroll here and not Jangil High." Sehun said as they both walked outside the classroom. 

 

"But you do love schooling here. I mean, you can pursue you passion since you enrolled in an art school and not regular highschool." Baekhyun smirked. "You're right." Sehun grinned knowing that the the shorter's right. 

 

As they about to reach the recording room, Baekhyun saw an unpleasant sight that make him want to puke, cry, he don't even know. Maybe both.

 

Sehun sensed the uncomfortableness of his bestfriend and hold his hand. Baekhyun looked up at Sehun and saw the him looking back at him, smiling as if telling him that, 'it's alright', that he's stronger than this. Baekhyun smiled back at him. As the 'unpleasant sight' done eating each other faces, they parted their lips and stared at each other.

 

They breathed heavily and smiled to each other sweetly. Baekhyun looked at the girl's side profile and he realized that he will never got to her level. She's beautiful from any angle and Baekhyun feel jealous of that.

 

Park Chanyeol and Kang Seolhee.

 

Park Chanyeol's lips is slightly parted and swollen a little. He looked so hot. Baekhyun hope that he's the one that make he looked like that. But honey, this is reality. Not a fairytale where everything is gonna be okay in the end.

 

Baekhyun and Sehun just make their way to the end of the corridor, walking pass the couple fast where the studio located and entered it. Chanyeol and Seolhee saw them but doesn't care a slightest bit. Baekhyun and Sehun watch him and Seolhee kissing basically everyday, anywhere not knowing one of the boys is hurting. Entering the room, Baekhyun broke down. Sehun just looked at him with an unexplainable eyes. Pity maybe.

 

But what Sehun felt maybe more than just pity.

 

Maybe it will be okay, in the end where everybody's gonna get their happy ending. Or.. ...or maybe not.