Mr. Deer

Bad At Love

"So, of course I had to call my dad to fire that useless employee. Those shoes were Prad-"

Minseok rolls his eyes as he takes a sip of his cold water. 

He really doesn't get how his so called best friend Baekhyun, could possibly think this guy could be a good candidate for him. Granted he was tall, handsome and had a good job, like Minseok usually like them. But this one, was as interesting as a cotton ball. Plus he was a daddy's boy, hardly his type and more his friend Tao's type, if he was honest. Minseok was really running out of patience and it was hardly 8:00 o'clock in the afternoon.

When Minseok thinks he can't endure anymore, he looks up from his untouched shrimp alfredo pasta to the blonde man in front of him (who by the way, is still talking about his expensive shoes some poor guy unintentionally step on) he sadly concludes this hasn't been the worst date he's been on so far. That medal belongs to a guy called Kyungsoo, who after introducing himself, didn't stop talking for the whole time they were eating at this same restaurant about how his ex boyfriend and him like to use certain toys in bed and how often they did it. By the end of it, Minseok couldn't leave fast enough to go scream at his best friend, who laughed his off when Minseok told him what happen afterwards.

"And so the store finally called me back to say they had my Rolex watch fix up with the galaxy background and all. So I wen-" 

Minseok blinks out of his thoughts and after putting his fork down, he interrupts his blind date "Yifan, right?"

His date looks at him and sighs in annoyance at Minseok's change of topic. But quickly smiles his megawatt smile like nothing is wrong because they're still talking about him and says "Yes. Wu Yifan or you can call me Kris or by my-"

"Yifan it is, then" Minseok nods and thinks this guy can't get any more narcissistic but before he let's the other prove him wrong, he takes out his cellphone and shows it to the other "Sorry, but I need to get this call"

Yifan frowns his big black eyebrows and while looking at Minseok's unmoving cellphone, he points out "But it's not ringing"

"It's on vibrate" Minseok lies easily as he smiles with his mouth close and stands up from his seat while putting his napkin on the table. 

After asking one of the waiters to give him his check of the night to pay later, he walks in the direction of the men bathrooms. While he navigates his way through the full Italian restaurant, he unlocks his phone and opens his texts. Finding the person he's looking for, he smiles for real this time and starts writing.

Kim Minseok
Hi! I hope you're not busy right now. But could you come up and help me out? 

Mr. Deer
Hey~ 
Again? You really have bad taste in dates.

Kim Minseok
Believe me, if it were my choice, I wouldn't be here.

Mr. Deer
Same restaurant?

Kim Minseok
Yes. 

Mr. Deer
See you soon.

Just as he finishes texting he inserts his phone on his front pocket and enters the men bathrooms. Once inside, Minseok goes to look at his reflection on the big circular mirror and runs his hands through his recently dyed blonde hair. He starts to check his outfit starting from his soft grey sweater, black skinny jeans and black leather shoes, for anything out of place or any wrinkles but thankfully finds none. So after doing his business he washes his hands and leaves.

Walking back to his table he sees Yifan talking and what appears to be flirting with one of the waiters. Minseok chuckles quietly at the waiter's uninterested face and gets closer. After sitting down, he looks up at the waiter and says "Hey, Chanyeol! How is it going?"

The brunette waiter smiles at him, shrugs his shoulders and gets closer to his side to pass him his check "Hi, Hyung! You know the same" Minseok smiles at his reply but after looking sideways to his date, he needs to bite his lower lip hard to not laugh out loud at Yifan's shock face. Yifan apparently didn't think Minseok would know the person he was flirting with. 

Just as Chanyeol says goodbye and leaves their table, Minseok hears a familiar voice by his right call him "Minseok"

When he looks up, he sees a gorgeous light brown hair chinese man send him a playful wink from the restaurant entrance before getting more close to his and Yifan's table. Minseok softly smiles at the new comer but quickly tries to covert it up when Yifan looks his way, so he can play the part they both need to play to get Minseok out of this quite frankly boring date.  

 

15 minutes later 

Minseok and Luhan aka Mr. Deer, are talking and laughing outside by the sidewalk of the restaurant. The night is beautifully illuminated and the streets are pack with cars going and leaving places, and people walking and talking. 

Minseok looks up at Luhan and after poking him on his wide shoulder, he amusingly asks "Jealous boyfriend? That was a new one"

Luhan laughs lightheartedly as he leans his body to the outside wall of the Italian restaurant and starts to defend himself "I had to improvise, didn't think he would believe me if I said we were brothers and our imaginary aunt died or something"

"That's true. Plus we don't look anything a like" Minseok nods but can't really help himself when he gets distracted while checking the other out. Completely. From those blue jeans that hug Luhan's thighs and just right, to that v neck white t-shirt that gives just a small glance to those y collarbones and to finish it up he looks at that black leather jacket that hugs those muscular arms of him and gives the other a 'lazy but hot' vibe. 

When Minseok thinks he's safe not to drool at the other's perfection, he looks up. Only to see Luhan is already looking at him with a small smirk on his lips because he probably saw Minseok little inspection of his body and outfit.

Before Minseok can say anything, Luhan speaks up "No. We don't" and with sparkling doe eyes the other looks down at him and with a wink Luhan goes on "But you look very good tonight, Minseok"

Feeling himself start to blush from Luhan's intense stare and how that makes him feel, he stutters a small "T-thanks" and looks down at his shoes. There is a small silence between them before Minseok remembers Luhan is working right now "Um. How much do I own you?" 

Luhan bites his lower lip while looking at him and after a few seconds he shrugs his shoulder lazily, and says "The same as last time, I guess" 

After they exchange money, Minseok doesn't know what to do and starts to observe the people and couples all around him. He wants that, he thinks. That happy, carefree and in love stare all couples seem to have. If only he wasn't so bad at love. 

Looking back at Luhan, he concludes he doesn't want the night to end and maybe if he's lucky he can get to know this funny pretty interesting boy more. But before he even can open his mouth, Luhan says:

"So, I was thinking mayb-" but just as quickly gets interrupted by his own phone ringing and after checking who it is, Luhan looks up at Minseok and then down at the screen to say with a frustrated voice "Sorry, I need to leave. I have....to take care of something"

"Oh. Okay" Minseok can't deny he feels disappointed at that but he doesn't want the other to so see him frown or misunderstand his silence, so he smiles his usual gummy smile.

Luhan looks at him while holding his still unlocked phone and takes a step forward like we wants to say or do something but suddenly stops, like thinking better of it. He then shakes his head softly and with what seems to be soft pink cheeks smiles at him "Bye, Minseok" 

"Bye, Luhan" Minseok replies softly back at him.

And just like that, he sees Luhan's retreating figure leave. Minseok can't do anything but sigh while feeling bummed out and turns around to start walking in the direction of his flat just around the corner. When he is just a few feet away from his building he feels his phone vibrate. 

Taking out his phone and keys, he slows down his walk to unlock his phone but looking down at it, he stops. He feels himself smile and goes to open the new text message.

Mr. Deer
The more I see you, the more I wonder why you need my help. You don't seem like the type to need help telling someone you don't like them.

Kim Minseok
Take a guess then.

Mr. Deer
If you keep texting me I'm gonna start thinking you don't really need me to save you from bad blind dates and more because you want to go out with me. 

Minseok thinks maybe this is the universe way of telling him he needs to try harder, to take a chance from time to time and trust his own feelings. So, while biting his nails he text the one thing he's dying to ask.

Kim Minseok
So, what if I do? 

The seconds after he touch the send button and Luhan answered him felt like an eternity. Like the numbers on the clock on his phone were mocking him. But before he could get anymore nervous or started to panic, his phone makes a 'ding' noise and he looks down. 

Minseok thinks maybe, just maybe, he's not that far way from being good at love.

Mr. Deer
Then, I would ask when and where?

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I had this idea but I don't know how to finish it hahha so I will let it as a oneshot instead..

Hope you guys liked it! Let me know if you do :D