Voice

The Sad Green-eyed Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Cheol”

Seungcheol hears a voice calling him. It sounds like Jeonghan...

 

But it's impossible.

 

It can’t be...

 

Maybe some other ghost is playing tricks on him but No one has called or knows his name for as long as he remembers when he became a ghost.

 

He was all alone when he became a ghost...

 

“Cheol” the person called out again.

Seungcheol flinches at the voice and he ignores the person who is probably in front of him.

 

Impossible… I must be hallucinating

 

Seungcheol has his head buried in between his knee all this while, in the same position after he calmed down. That was also when he starts hearing that voice calling him in the rain and he is still ignoring it.

 

“Cheol ah, why are you ignoring me? You never ignored me...”

“Cheol, are you alright..? Your skin..”

Seungcheol lifts his head up slightly with a hand supporting it, his eyes still tightly shut as he shakes his head, denying whatever is trying to mess with his head.

That person back off a little, shocked at that sudden movement as his voice becomes anxious. “Cheol ah!  what's wrong!?”

Seungcheol shakes his head harder as he chokes on his own saliva and starts hitting his head with both of his hand.

Seungcheol is going crazy because of the voice.

 

The greening on his skin spreads, even more, now his arms and leg are all green.

That voice definitely belongs to Jeonghan and he keeps on shouting for his name.

 

It's impossible, stop talking! Stop talking! Stop!

 

Seungcheol is going crazy, did he longed for Jeonghan so much that he imagine him talking to him now?

When Jeonghan should be at that telephone booth, in front of him and together with Joshua?

 

Seungcheol started screaming, eyes still shut mainly because of all the water on his face and the massive headache caused by the voice.

The greening on his skin now spreads over half of his face.

It is uncomfortable, he is dying all over again.

Seungcheol continues crying, bawling his eyes out. He wonders how his heart could ache so much as he whimpers pitifully and wailed in grief that anyone who could hear him will felt that heartbreak.

He doesn't even care if Jeonghan and Joshua hear him from the telephone booth, he just needs to get that voice out of his head.

He is going to die if the greening spreads all over his body anyway so he doesn’t even want to care about anything other than his own emotions now.

He is alone anyway… everyone seems to forget about him too… nobody cares…

 

“Cheol ah! Cheol!”

 

Stop it! Stop it! Stop talking!

 

Seungcheol struggles and is in the midst of fainting any minute now when the person in front of him clasps both his hands on either side of Seungcheol's cheek.

Seungcheol freeze at that sudden warm touch.

 

A connection to the world…

 

A touch…

 

A feel he longed for...

 

Seungcheol immediately feels better because his head stops hurting.

The greening stops and starts fading.

Seungcheol reaches for the hands on his face, hesitantly hovering his palm over as he touches it eventually.

The warm spread onto his palms.

He wanted to open his eyes but at the same time, he doesn't because he is in his worse state now.

Ugly, wet, dirty and with all the tears and possible snot flowing from his nose. It is super embarrassing to face anyone now.

That thought went off as he felt the other leaning his forehead on his.

 

“SeungCheol ah...” that person whispers as Seungcheol felt his breath on his lips.

 

This can't be true… no…

 

The hand that is holding on to him, the warmth that is emitting from both the hand and forehead…

That fresh minty honey smell that he misses so much...

 

Seungcheol realizes.

 

And he wants to open his eyes and look at the person in front of him. But he couldn't as his eye is stinging because of his tears and the rain worsen his condition.

Seungcheol shivers while the greening seems to disappear completely, his skin returning to its original shade.

That person notices and is relieved to see the weird colors going off as he pulls away from Seungcheol forehead.

Seungcheol frowns at the sudden loss of contact on his forehead but relaxes immediately as the person gently trace Seungcheol face with his fingers, wiping off his tears.

It was as if the person knows how uncomfortable Seungcheol is and is helping to clean his face.

“Don’t..it's dirty, my face”

“Its okay, just let me clean so you could open your eyes.” the person gently replies.

“Don't” Seungcheol protests but the other had already finished cleaning Seungcheol's face.

 

It took him a few seconds before he could fully open his eyes and focus on the person in fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter