Truth

The Sad Green-eyed Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: long(?) chapter ahead

 

Seungcheol land with a thud and stares in shock at Jeonghan from the sofa as he sees Jeonghan taking a deep breath, expression soften when the two made eye contact.

Jeonghan carefully took a seat next to Seungcheol as he turns to face him ”Cheol..I’m Sorry.. but you were hugging me too tight that it hurts”

”Im...Im sorry...did it hurt a lot? I don’t know why am I like this...I'm sorry Han ah...” Seungcheol replies, avoiding eye contact as he stares at the floor, feeling sorry.

“I know you don't mean it. Don’t take it to your heart” Jeonghan says as he carefully observes Seungcheol.

His eyes were red and swollen, looking as if he is going to cry but hasn't because he was holding it in. His heartache at that sight.

“Cheol ah...I…”Jeonghan took a moment before he could continue.

“Cheol...don’t cry,” Jeonghan said as he places a hand on Seungcheol cheek, caressing as if he is wiping away the invisible tear.

Seungcheol grabs the hand on his cheek. “No, im..im not…..im fine”

Jeonghan hummed in response as he reaches over and hugs Seungcheol from where he is sitting, placing a hand on other’s head, patting his soft and silky black hair.

 

The two stay at that position for quite a while before one of them started speaking.

“Seungcheol ah..” the angel started and the other hummed in response.

“I’m not sure what you saw earlier today when I'm with Joshua but- ” Seungcheol releases the hug as he pushes Jeonghan on the shoulder creating a distance between them, cutting the latter’s words.

Seungcheol avoids having eye contact again when he felt Jeonghan looking at him in the eyes.

He stares holes at his fidgeting hands that is just removed from Jeonghan shoulder as he speaks “Han, I know.. we will not be a happy ending but at least for now, when I'm here, tell me that u still love me. Please lie to me, that Joshua is just a friend, I saw everything at the telephone booth so, please...I just don't want to hear it from you…” Seungcheol knows that he may sound pitiful saying those words but… he doesn't know either… he just said everything in his mind

Jeonghan frowns.”no...Cheol, what are you talking about...nothing happened…”

Jeonghan anxiously grabs onto Seungcheol hand in fear of him running away again.

That action made the other look up at him. “the one I have always like is you.” He continues, looking at the other in the eyes

“Well, thanks for telling me what I want to hear Han ah” Seungcheol smile bitterly at Jeonghan who starts shaking his head.

Why don't you believe me?

 

“No Cheol, you have to listen, what I said is true… if you still don't believe me, I will erm.. I will tell you everything. I was going to anyway. You will listen, right? Please?”

Seungcheol nodded in reply.

Jeonghan took a deep breath before continuing.

“So...actually...Joshua..he is special”

“Special..?” Seungcheol repeated, his expression turned sour which is so obvious to Jeonghan.

“Ah! No!!! Don't get it the wrong way…”

“Joshua, he is my friend since I’m around 6 years old? And he went America and only came back recently..so none of our friends knew about him, even you”

Jeonghan looks at down at his hand. “I have always known…He has this special ability to see stuff..”

“Stuff?” Seungcheol questions in confusion.

“Stuffs like ghost. But he told me something new, when we meet up again for the first time he came back to Korea. He said that he accidentally kissed someone and that someone is able to see ghost ever since. So I asked him for help”

Because I was really having a hard time without you

 

Jeonghan took a sip from the glass of water before continuing “But of course there is consequence as well, I mean gaining a special ability like that? There has to be something to give in return, to be honest, I don't know if its something good or bad”

Seungcheol raises a brow at that sentence, knowing that what Jeonghan is going to say next may not be pretty.

“In Joshua case, he was traumatised because of all the things he see since young and he did not have a lot of friend because of that too. He used to blame himself for why he is the only one like that but he is fine now. I guess Anyway that aside, there's a saying that there is a price for everything, Joshua warned me about that too saying it maybe dangerous and all...so I'm wondering… but anyway I will just continue with the story”

Jeonghan knew that he had a choice to not tell Seungcheol about the price he may have to pay but somehow he wanted to be honest, he doesn't want to hide anything from him. He already said to tell him everything.

 

Jeonghan took another breathe, wanting to continue but stops because of Seungcheol angry expression.

And to Jeonghan prediction, Seungcheol said him off right after “Price? Jeonghan, what have you gotten yourself into?” Seungcheol looks at Jeonghan in disbelief.

“No… why…? why … Han ah..” in Jeonghan eyes, he doesn't look angry. It was disappointment and gloom in the eyes.

Jeonghan knows exactly the reason why behind the disappointment. He knew it was a silly and super dangerous to open his third eyed, knowing Seungcheol, he would have prefered Jeonghan to be safe than doing anything dangerous just to see him.

“It's alright..I'm fine Cheol ah anyway I don’t think the price will be anything big, maybe I will get scared by a few scary ghosts but I'm fine.” Jeonghan smile softly at Seungcheol when the latter stood up walking a few steps away from the sofa, turning his back on the angel.

“Cheol, don't be angry?” Jeonghan tap Seungcheol shoulder as he shrugs it off.

He then turns around to face Jeonghan. “Who won't be angry at this!? Who knows what will happen to you! What if something happens to you?! I'm not by your side anymore...”

“You are now..”

 

“But!-” Seungcheol t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter