Chapter 2

One More Chance

Rose got on the car after her manager arrived.

 

“Chaeyoung ah, we’ll be going straight back to home okay. You have no schedule anymore for today.” Her manager said.

 

“Okay, Oppa.”

 

Then, she went through her notebook just to see if she forgot to do anything on her To-Do-List. Just then she saw a page folded and she opened it, as soon as she saw what the page, she quickly closed the book and put it away.

 

Okay, what was that, she murmured, feeling weird.

 

Why did I saw numbers, she thought.

 

That can't be, she thought.

 

She slowly took the book again and slowly opened the folded page in a very small view, because she doesn’t want her manager to catch on.

 

0694xx-xxx-xx

Call me if you have anything to ask. Chat me. 물어불게 있음연 연락해요. 

 

“MWOYA!” She shouted, closing the book abruptly.

 

“Chaeyoung ah, why?” The manager asked, turning to the back as he was driving. He wanted to stop the car, but they were at the highway.

 

‘Why? Why? “ He asked.

 

“Ah, nothing, oppa, I just um.. Dropped my phone.” Rose replied, trying to cover up.

 

“Aigoo, be careful Chaeng.”

 

Rose quietly took back her book, opened it again on the folded page, making sure if she saw the number for real.

 

0694xx-xxx-xx

Call me if you have anything to ask. Chat me. 물어불게 있음연 연락해요. 

 

OMG, she mouthed.

 

She closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down, though deep down her heart, she’s having butterflies in her stomach.  

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ROSE POV

 

Chanyeol sunbaenim gave me his phone number? Oh my God, is this real? Okay , calm down girl, probably he just gave that so that I can contact him for the performance, right?

 

And he said to text him back.

 

What should I text him? Do I text him now? But that would seem to desperate? Do I wait more?

 

I probably should tell the members.

 

Ah no, only Jisoo. I can’t believe Lisa and Jennie.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

As soon as I got home, I went to Jisoo’s room.

 

“Jisoo ya! Jisoo ya!”

 

When I opened her door room, she was on her bed with her laptop, watching dramas.

 

“Mwoya Park Chae Young! Don’t you even know how to knock?” Jisoo gave me the whatever look.

 

“Jisoo, you have to listen. But don’t tell anyone okay.” I said.

 

Jisoo really likes secrets, and she kept them well hidden too.

 

“What does it mean if a guy give you their phone number?” I asked, as I took a seat beside her.

 

Jisoo looked at me suspiciously. Ah, she can’t be getting me now, right? I mean I put on a pokerface now!

 

“Okay, spill it out girl!” Jisoo smirked.

 

WHATTT!

 

“Yah! It’s not about me okay! It’s about my friend!” I said.

 

“Yeah your friend. Who? Rose?”

 

I glared at her.

 

“Okay your friend Lisa? No she don’t. Jennie? Hell yeah. Sooyoungie? Ah Sungjae. Twice? Ah, relationship banned. Like us. So, yeah it’s totally about Rose Park Chae Young!” She laughed.

Aish, why is this girl so fast to notice on something.

 

“You just came back from the meeting for SBS Gayo Daejun stage. I’m guessing someone from there.” She laughed.

 

“What are you?! A shaman?”

 

“Nope, I’m just that good.” She laughed. Aish, this witty girl.

 

“So who? I don’t feel like guessing thousand names of the boys now. So …” She looked at me.

 

I took out my notebook, and showed her the page written with Chanyeol sunbaenim phone number.

 

“But promise me you have to keep it a secret!” I grabbed it away before she even got to lay her eyes on the page.

 

“Okay! Fine!” She said. We did pinky promise and I gave the book to her.

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened as she read what was written on the page, covering with her left hand. Then she turned to me and her eyes widened even bigger. I admit I’m not that good at hiding my feelings. The fact that I was so happy and excited was shown right on my face.

 

“THIS IS DAEBAK!” she whispered.

 

“I KNOW!” I whispered.

 

“This, you should keep. This is sacred.” She said, giving the book to me. I laughed at her wittiness.

 

“Did you text him?” She asked.

 

“No, I didn’t. I don’t know what  to say.”

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes. Oh well, it’s not my fault I have never been in a relationship.

 

“Why?.”

 

“No, I can’t. Are you crazy?”

 

Jisoo sighed. “This is why you will never get a boyfriend.”

 

“Well, just continue staring on the paper and you’ll come to regret it.” She added as she continue watching on her drama.

 

“Jisoo ya! I didn’t come to you for this!” I said, slightly sulking.

 

“Give me your phone.” She said.

“Why?” I asked.

 

She took my bag and searched for my phone. Then, she took the book that had Chanyeol sunbae’s phone number.

 

“What are you trying to do?” I said.

 

“Something that you won’t do.” She replied to me as she was busy with my phone.

 

Soon, she gave my phone back and said, “Now if you would excuse me, I want to watch drama and could you go back to your room and wait for the reply.”

 

WHAT? I didn’t hear it wrong, right? Reply?

 

“Wait, what do you mean?”

 

“Now go on and deal with it yourself Chaeyoung ah.” Jisoo smiled, and continued watching her drama.

 

I went back to my room with all of my things. Then I laid on my bed.

 

I looked at my phone and saw a very familiar name on my Katalk chat list. WHAT IS THIS?!

 

CHANYEOL SUNBAE

 

I opened the chat.

 

Sunbaenim.

 

Jisoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

It seemed like Chanyeol sunbae haven’t open the chat because the word “read” is not yet there. Suddenly my heart beats fast and my hand trembles, my mind goes crazy thinking about how he would reply, or would he even reply.

 

What if he thinks I’m too easy?

 

What if he thinks I’m weird?

 

What if he thinks I’m being too desperate?

 

I buried my face under the pillow.

 

Of course he would think I’m too easy, too desperate, after how I behaved in front of him just now at the studio.

 

There goes my crush, faraway, ignoring me.

 

~KATALK~

~KATALK~

~KATALK~

~KATALK~

 

I quickly sat down, closed my eyes while holding the phone in my hand.

 

Four times KATALK sound means 4 messages.

 

Park Chae Young, calm down! Don’t get yourself hyped up.

 

I swiped down the notification bar and saw CHANYEOL SUNBAE.

 

OMG! He replies!

 

I opened the chat, literally screaming inside my heart.

 

Five Hours Later… 다섯시간후

Only Sunbaenim.. 그냥 선배님이라

Rose sshi.. 로제씨

Aren’t you too much? 너무한거아니에요?

 

OMG! What should I do?! How did he know it was me?

 

~KATALK~

 

Seen? 제 문자 십는거에요 지금?

 

Oh my, what should I reply him? I am really dumb at things like this.

 

Let’s take a deep breath Park Chae Young, make it sounds natural as possible.

 

Sunbaenim, annyonghaseyo. 선배님 안녕하세요

How did you know it was me? 저인걸 어떻게 아셨어요?

 

Yes, this sounds so natural. My hands are getting sweaty. Heart beating fast and my mind roams around stupid thoughts.

 

Of course i know. Your profile picture. 당근이죠 프사

 

Profile picture?

 

With just that word, all of my excitement just disappeared into the air, and everything came back to normal. My heart beats normal, my mind roams around between stupid and fool.

Park Chae Young, you are really a fool to ask him that. My profile picture is me, myself. Urgh! And there you go acting like he knows you will chat him.

 

Ah yes ..아 네..

I just wanted to inform you though. 그냥 알려주고싶었어요

So, bye. 그럼 이만

 

I don’t know what to say to him anymore. I think it’s better that I stop here rather than making myself look stupid in front of him.

 

That’s it? 끝이에요?

 

My eyes widened. Okay, I admit I am getting slightly excited on how this conversation would turn out.

 

Don’t you have anything to say to me? 뭐 할말 없어요?

 

I wonder what is he waiting for me to say.

 

Let’s meet up two days later for practice. 이틀후에 만나요 우리 연습하게

I have something to ask too. 물어불게 도있고

I’ll give you the address  to my studio. 제 작업실 주소 알려드릴게요

 

My eyes widened even bigger. I feel like I want to scream, but I can’t. I was so excited!

 

Ah do you schedule on that day? 아 그날 스케줄있어요?

 

Ah, no. I don’t. 아 아뇨 없어요

Okay, we’ll meet then. 그때 마나요 그럼

I need to ask about the song too. 곡에대해 물어불게 도있고요.

 

Okay then. Good night.그래요 그럼 잘자요.

 

You too, sunbaenim. 선배님도 잘자요.

 

I put down my phone, buried my face under the pillow and scream.

 

AHHHHHHH

 

What did just happened in few minutes? I’m meeting Chanyeol sunbae in two days!

 

Is this real?

 

END OF ROSE POV

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

CHANYEOL ROOM

 

After he sent the last chat saying goodnight, he smirked and went through their chats from the beginning.

 

He always had interest on Rose ever since Black Pink’s debut, but never got the chance to talk to her. Chanyeol was a man that does not let go of opportunity if he had one. He thought that he might not have other chance if he didn’t grab onto this one.

 

He used practice as a clickbait or reason for him to invite her to his studio. He wanted to get closer to her as this stage might be the first and last stage they will ever collaborate with each other.