Chapter 1

One More Chance

“Hyung, I’ll be going out for a walk.” Chanyeol said, took his jacket and went out.

 

He walked down the street with his hoodie covering his head, listening to Super Junior’s One More Chance. He had his head down, listening to every single lyrics of the song. How can this be, he thought. He feels like the song is describing what he is going through now.

 

He walked to the nearest park and sat at the bench, under a big tree where the leaves started to fall. Brownish-red leaves covering the ground.

 

Ah, it’s fall now, he thought. Once again, swayed away by the song.

 

Will the clear image of you be forgotten?

Will that time ever come?

Will the happy memories get all erased?

Is that love even love?

 

Everything went by just in a slight of time, without him knowing, and everything ended so sudden that he couldn’t get used to it.

 

Once again, he had his head down and tears started running down.

 

1 YEAR AGO

 

------ SBS GAYO DAEJUN----------

 

This was the the start of everything. Chanyeol experienced all kind of things in just short time.

 

“Sunbaenim, annyeonghaseyo!” A blonde-haired girl with puffy cheeks, greeted him.

 

“Ah yes, annyeonghaseyo!” He greeted her back, even bowed.

 

Then, in just few seconds, awkward silences occurred. Chanyeol pretended to tune his guitar to avoid the awkward, though he had tuned his guitar even before he came to SBS. Rose was sitting at the end, not knowing what to do, just playing around with chords on her guitar. In her mind, can’t someone just come in already, this is so awkward.

 

Chanyeol didn’t even bother giving a glance at Rose, because he was so shy. He was afraid that his face would give off that he’s shy if he talked to her.

 

“Sunbaenim…”

 

Chanyeol swallowed. His heart suddenly beat so hard.

 

“Ah, sunbaenim…”

 

Chanyeol looked over to Rose.

“Yes?”

 

“I’m supposed to play the solo for Monster, but I’m not really sure how.” Rose smiled, awkwardly.

 

Oh please don’t ignore me on this, I buckled up huge courage just to speak out, she thought.

 

“Ah, okay. You want my idea, is it?” He asked.

 

“Ah yea, actually I have something in my mind, but it sounded weird.” Rose scratched her head.

 

Chanyeol move his seat in front of her, so that it would be easier for them to see each other. Rose, was taken aback by that, but made sure to put on a pokerface.

 

“I’ll try to play once what I had in my mind. Not sure if it’s good though. We can always combine.” He smiled.

 

Rose smiled, her heart skipped a beat. She could feel her cheek burning.

 

While Chanyeol was playing the guitar, she couldn’t help but staring at him and thinking how cool a guy is when they play guitar in front of you, especially those guys with deep voice.

 

She stared at the fingers pressing the chords, ah Chanyeol sunbaenim fingers are big, how good it must feel to hold hands with him, she thought.

 

She quickly shook her head after realizing that she’s starting to imagining things beyond than what she should had. She hit her head, trying to come back to her sense. Park Chae Young, get your sense back, she thought.

 

Just when she had her sense back and and looked in front of her, Chanyeol was looking at her, confused.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked, suppressing his smile.

 

Her eyes widened.

 

“I mean why are you hitting your head? I thought you were possessed.” He laughed.

 

Rose’s face turned red, burning. She had her head down, feeling embarrassed thinking how Chanyeol saw her acting stupid.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

CHANYEOL POV

 

“I’m supposed to play the solo for Monster, but I’m not really sure how.” Rose smiled, awkwardly.

 

Ah, thank God she’s starting first. It was so awkward that I thought I would die.

 

I moved my seat in front of her. I took a glance at her.

 

Her face turned red?

 

Cute.

 

I started playing to Monster in an acoustic version.

 

As soon as it finished, I asked her, “So how was it?”

 

But then, I started to laugh when I lifted up my head to see her. She was staring blankly at … Uhm… Me? My Guitar? I don’t know. But she’s totally staring blankly.

 

“Rose sshi?” I called out for her name.

 

She was still staring. What is she doing, I laughed.

 

When I was about to tap her shoulder, she started to shook her head, hitting her head repeatedly. My eyes widened, but at the same time, this view is so funny. I tried to suppress my laugh.

 

Oh well, why don’t I just enjoy this show, I said.

 

Suddenly, she was looking at me with her eyes widened, shocked, confused, I guess she finally realized I was watching her the whole entire time.

 

“Are you… Okay?” I asked, still not trying to show I’m laughing.

 

“I mean why are you hitting your head? I thought you were possessed.” I laughed.

 

She had her head down, cheeks burning red. Surprisingly, this side of her made my heart skipped a beat.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Just then, the other artists start to come in and the two’s conversation stopped there as the filming started as soon as everyone arrived. During the whole filming, Rose and Chanyeol were catching glances with each other.

 

After the filming ended, Chanyeol packed his things and guitar, getting ready to leave.

 

“Sunbaenim…”

 

Chanyeol smirked, turning around to see Rose, with her guitar, getting ready to leave, but seems like she was waiting for him.

“Yes…”

 

Rose seemed like she wanted to say something, but something’s holding her back.

 

“Nothing.” She smiled, shrugged her shoulders, and went out leaving Chanyeol.

 

“What are you thinking Park Chae Young! Why did you call him if you don’t have anything to say!” She murmured, as she walked out.

 

She closed her eyes, took a deep breathe, and started walking again.

 

“Rose sshi!”

 

A deep voice calling out for her name. She stopped at where she was, heart beating fast. When she turned around, Chanyeol was already behind her.

 

“You left this behind.” Chanyeol smiled, giving her notebook.

 

“Ah…” She said, sounded a bit disappointed. Truthfully, she thought he would probably say something to her.

 

“Get going.” He said, tapping her shoulder and walked away.

 

Suddenly, Rose’s face turned red again.

 

Ah Park Chae Young, what is with you, she said to herself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chanyeol entered the car as soon as his manager arrived at the basement. He smiled as he recalled what happened just now. He took out his phone and opened browser.

 

BLACK PINK ROSE.

 

He scrolled down to find more informations on her.

 

He scrolled down to her images.

 

He smiled, she’s really beautiful though.

 

Then, he checked his inbox and call lists.


Why is nothing coming in, he wondered.