Chapter 4

One More Chance

“Sunbaenim, I’ll clear everything.” Rose said.

 

“Aniya, stay put. I’ll do it. “ Chanyeol smiled as he handed Rose the green tea that he bought earlier.

 

“Drink this.” He added.

 

“Sunbaenim, I’ll help you then.”

 

After the cleaning, they started their practice. Chanyeol and Rose both took out their guitar and sat facing each other.

 

Chanyeol started by playing Whistle, followed by Rose’s singing. He was smiling as he enjoy the rhythm of the song accompanied by Rose’s sweet voice. Because Chanyeol would took a glance at Rose as he played the guitar, made Rose blushed.

 

“Now, let’s listen to you playing Monster.” He smiled.

 

“Ah, there’s still some part I can’t catch though.”

 

“It’s okay, let’s hear you play first and I’ll teach you for the part you’re not confident.” He smiled.

 

Rose started playing accompanied by Chanyeol’s singing.

 

There were some parts that sounded off when she played, so Chanyeol helped her with that specific part while practicing over and over again.

 

“I think we sounded better than before now.” Chanyeol said.

 

“Oh, it’s almost 5pm.” He added as he glanced over his watch.

 

“Definitely. Oh really? Time flies really fast” She laughed.

 

“Let’s go. I’ll drive you back home.” He said as he stood up taking his coat and his bag.

 

Rose’s eyes widened.

 

“Your manager are not coming to fetch you. So, you don’t think I’ll let you go home alone, aren’t you?” He said.

 

“Ah, I can…”

 

“Go home by yourself by taxi or whatever you are meaning to say?” He cut her.

 

“Don’t worry. I parked my car at the back alley. There’s a back door to go there.” He added.

 

Only then, Rose heaved a sigh of relief. Although those words of Chanyeol kinda assuring her, but she couldn’t help worrying because no one knows where she went today except for Jisoo.

 

Even so, she took her coat and wore it with her cap on to avoid others from noticing her. Chanyeol was aware that she was worried because she didn’t even paid attention to what he was talking. He noticed that she was wearing a peach colored coat, a rather bright color.

 

“Rose sshi, take off your coat and wear this.” He said, handing his coat over to her.

 

“Then what about sunbaenim?” She felt sorry that he had to take off his coat for her. At the same time, she was fluttered by his actions.

 

“It’s okay I’m wearing long sleeves.”He smiled.

 

Rose took off her coat and wore Chanyeol’s coat.

 

“Ah it’s too big for you, isn’t it?” He laughed.

 

“Ahaa.. yeap a bit.. But still ok for me though.” She laughed it off.

 

“Thank you sunbaenim.” She added as she flashed him a smile.

 

Then they both went down and took the back door to the parking lot. To avoid people noticing them, Chanyeol told Rose to walk in front as he will be covering her from others. Again, she felt fluttered, thinking if this was how he treated all girls.

 

They quickly walked to his car. Thank God Chanyeol’s car window was tinted.

 

“I think no one noticed us, right?” Rose asked, looking outside.

 

“No, apparently no one was around.” He laughed. It was very hard to believe but there were really little people in the area.

 

“Sunbaenim, how were you able to find such place? This place barely has people around.” She said.

 

“I was surprised too at first. I told my friend I wanted a place where there’s no people and noises, then he suggested me this place. How could place like this exist, right?” He said, as he started the engine.

 

“I would love to be in a quiet place.” She said, looking at him.

 

“You can come here anytime.” He smiled.

 

She quickly moved her head away, blinking her eyes a few times, calming her fast beating heart down. Chanyeol let out a smirk as he saw how she reacts.

 

“Rose sshi.” He called out.

 

Rose looked at him again.

 

“How do you feel today? Did you have fun?”

 

She was confused by his question, as it was really out of nowhere.

 

“Uhm.. I.. It was my first time going somewhere without my manager. I learned a lot too.” She said, as if she was guessing.

 

“Did you have fun with me?”

 

She could feel her adrenaline runs and her cheeks were getting red.

 

“Did you regret coming here today? I mean you could have rejected my invitation.” He said.

 

What’s with this serious conversation, she thought to herself.

 

“I’m glad I come here today.” She said, and that was honest feelings from her.

 

Chanyeol smiled, “Thank you. Me too.”

 

“What’s your Korean name by the way?” He asked.

 

“Park Chae Young.” She said.

 

“Oh you have the same family name as me.” He said, sounded very excited.

 

“Then I guess I can call you Chaeyoung then.” He smiled. The engine was already heated up, so he started to drive out the place.

 

Upon hearing her real name was being called, Rose eyes widened. It feels great to have people call her real name, but she felt tingling in her heart. She felt really good.

 

“Chaeyoung ah, instead of calling me sunbaenim, why don’t you call me oppa?” Chanyeol suddenly voice out.

 

“What?” Her eyes widened again. This guy sure can make her heart beats crazy in just seconds.

 

“Call me oppa.” He said, as he took a glance at her, and continue driving.

 

“Ah, okay.” She said, still sounding so awkward.

 

“But if you don’t really want to call me oppa, then don’t.” He said.

 

“I’m sorry. It’s just that sunbaenim is a really big senior to me, so I feel like I’m disrespecting you if I just call you oppa.” She explained, very hardly.

 

Chanyeol laughed as he saw her reactions. Why is this girl so innocent that everything she does just makes his heart flutters.

 

Soon, they arrived at Black Pink’s dormitory. Rose told Chanyeol to drop her off at the back alley to avoid fans noticing them.

 

“I’ll walk from here. Thank you for everything. Thank you for treating me lunch.” She smiled as she got off the car.

 

Chanyeol looked at her, he wanted to say something, but she wouldn’t give him a chance. He thought that she might had felt burden because he told her to call her oppa.

 

As she got off the car, she closed the door and started to walk. Then suddenly she ran back to the car and open the door.

 

“Drive safely. Once again, thank you. See you again.” She said, trying to cover her blushing face.

 

“Oppa,” She added at the end of her sentence and quickly closed the door and ran towards her dorm building.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he heard the word ‘Oppa’. His cheek was burning hot, automatically a smile was drawn on his face. Fluttered by the word, he held that feeling while driving until he reaches their dorm.