First

The Flower In Your Hands
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Midnight. It was midnight when Tiffany received a text from an unknown number. The message had a file attached to it and Tiffany was reluctant. ‘You probably want to see this side of his.’ Tiffany read. His? Tiffany knew too well who the person was referring to, and it only made Tiffany more anxious. Deciding that she wanted to see what it was about, she opened the file. Images were loaded. The images were of her husband, but not him alone.

Rather, it was her husband and another woman. In a room, the two of them alone. 

Undressing each other.

“Dongwook..” Tiffany whispered with eyes teary and her hands were terribly shaking. She felt heartbeat stopped. She fell down to her knees, her hand went up to cup as her tears gushed out almost instantly. She couldn’t believe it. Was she lacking in anything? Was she being a nuisance as a wife? Did their marriage meant nothing to him? She raised her hand from and a ring came to her vision. Her wedding ring.

Tiffany came from a wealthy family and so did Dongwook. Stephanie Hwang of the Hwang Corp. and Lee Dong Wook of the L&K Tech. They were both set up in an arranged marriage for the benefit of their companies but they both did truly fell for each other, or so she thought. She thought they were happy together. Both families were satisfied, their companies got better, she quit her job to stay at home and they were in love with each other. So what was lacking? Not knowing what else to do, she called the unknown number.

In atleast 5 rings, the person behind the number picked up, “Mrs Lee?”

Shocked, she answered, “Who are you?” The person, a man, sighed. “I’m afraid I am paid to not tell you my identity, mam.” He replied. Tiffany bit her lip in hesitant before she quickly said, “Are you willing to help me if I pay you as well?”. The man kept quiet. “Please.” She begged.

Another sigh came from the man, and Tiffany knew then he had agreed to what she offered. “Keep in mind that the pay won’t be small mam.” He said and she nodded to no one. “Of course.” She then nervously continued, “Can you get me the woman’s phone number? Whoever she is. I just want her phone number, and her name.”

“That wouldn’t be hard. I’ll text you the information when I have my hand on it. Since you’re my client now, I need you to call me Red from now on.” The man replied immediately. Tiffany sighed in relief and thank the man right after, “Thank you, Red. I’ll hang up now.” 

So she hung up on Red. Red. She wasn’t surprised on how weird his name was, it was how private business always went. She didn’t even knew why had she asked for the woman’s number. What would she do with it? Call and ask for a meet up? That could do it, but what would she say to the woman? She stood up and went to the kitchen for a glass of water. Calm down. Calm down. She chanted in her head yet it didn’t really worked. Guess it hurts a little too much.

That night, she felt so lost. Her mind was as blank as a white paper. Her husband had cheated on her. She thought of anyone to talk to about it, but to think of it, she didn’t really had a friend. At least not one whom she can really trust. She had been alone for years. She was always left alone. Having a businessman as her father had gave her a huge advantage in wealth yet not concern. She could tell her father really did love her with his whole heart, but time had made him chose work over her. She and her mother were both neglected. Because of the same reason, her father failed to realize her mother’s illness. Because of the same reason, her mother had left the world, left her alone.

After meeting Dongwook for the first time, she felt her heart fluttered. She thought then that he could be the one to stop her loneliness forever. She thought that he could stay by her side as her legal lover, but she had thought wrong. At the end, she was still left alone, even from the people that she had loved the most.


That night, Dongwook did not came back home. Instead, he texted her saying that he had too much work to do so he wanted to spend the night in his office.

Tiffany snorted.

In your office my .

____________________


The sun flashed through her closed eyes and she woke up realizing it was already morning.” For someone who had a terrible night, I sure did slept well.” She said to herself. She laughed bitterly and stood up from her bed. She took her bed mattress and started fixing her bed. She yawned a little. “I can’t believe I’m still sleepy.”

She then made her way to the bathroom and took a short shower. Fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter