What if...

3 Years & 3 Months
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 18th, 2017 – Jimin’s Dorm + The Genius Lab

 

When Jimin woke up, Yoongi had already left.

He felt empty inside and kept trotting out their night talk. ‘He will be pissed’. Of course, Jimin was not ready to confess his love but he sometimes felt Yoongi was receptive. ‘Is it on my head? Does Yoongi just nice to me or is there something else?’

He was so certain he was meant for Yoongi, that both of them were divided souls finally reunited. Could Yoongi see that too?

But now he was lost, completely, entirely lost. He knew he loved Yoongi; nothing could ever change that. He would not regret a second of the time they spent together. He knew that he would rather have his heart broken than not have this.

But he was unsure and lost on the fact Yoongi could ever love him back… the way he did.

 

He finally get up from his bed to stop those continual thoughts and went straight to his bathroom when he saw Yoongi’s USB stick.

 

“!”

 

Yoongi had a big meeting with a Japanese company today to present CYPHER new mixtape. And for sure, the rapper did not realize he lost his flash drive here. ‘He is so clumsy sometimes’. Jimin was about to call him but…“I will be pissed” he remembered suddenly. Jimin heart skipped a beat. He took out his phone from his pocket and texted instead.

 

[Jimin to Yoongi] [You forgot your USB key! Do you need it for today’s presentation?]

[Yoongi to Jimin] [Thank God! I was looking for it like crazy. Don’t know if I can make it to your dorm in time tho. I’ll figure it out.]

 

Jimin sighed, today was a busy day for him too: he had an interview for a Korean magazine and a mini-concert to hold. If he went to Yoongi’s studio, he would be, for sure, late on his own schedule.

 

[Jimin to Yoongi] [I am coming]

 

Jimin was the kind of person that could be hurt but still care for you. He could not let Yoongi down just because this one did not love him back.

He would drop everything for the rapper at any time no matter what the circumstances were.

 

***

 

“So that’s the ‘Genius Lab’?” Jimin exalted as he entered Yoongi’s studio. “You have never invited me in! It’s cleaner than I thought” he jested.

 

“I am a man full of mysteries and surprises…” Yoongi replied

 

“Yes sure… Here is your key! I have to go…”

 

“Thank you Jiminie! You’re saving my ” Yoongi said, relieved. He cleared his throat before adding “about yesterday night…”

 

“No problem, hyung. Good luck for your meeting” Jimin cheered him up and left as he felt his heart racing and his breathing becoming shallow with the anticipation of continuing this conversation.

 

How could he talk about yesterday night already? It was clear for Jimin that Yoongi did not love him in a romantic way. They could have spent the whole day together, talked before sleeping for hours, think about the other 24/7 but still… Jimin felt he was waiting for something that was not going to happen anytime soon. “Yoongi doesn’t love me”.  A heavy tear rolled down on his cheek while he entered the elevator.

Loving Yoongi now was more difficult than in the past when they did not hang out together. It was torturing the young singer.

Back then, he was idolizing Yoongi, dreamt about a fairy-tale relationship. Everything was a fantasy… But now that he did know the rapper, smell his sense everyday, fall stronger for his incredible personality, touch his aura… the fantasy of being his boyfriend was stronger so as the fear to be rejected.

 

Jimin got out of the elevator and walked slowly to the building exit door.

“ I love you more that you know” he whispered to himself.

 

He then stopped and remembered the last discussion he had with Jungkook before this one went to Jeju to visit Taehyung.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter