Sunrise

3 Years & 3 Months
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 13th, 2017 – Wooden Spot

 

“Hello…” said a raspy voice.

 

Jimin swallowed. ‘ Be yourself ‘ he thought. “Hey Yoongi, everything went well. Thank you for your help and advice.”

 

“Well… You should be the one helping me as you debuted before” dissed Yoongi with his deep voice.

 

“I can still help you with your dance practice if you want. You seemed so clumsy at your last performance.” retorted Jimin, shocked by his own and sudden confidence.

 

Yoongi burst out laughing “Touché!”

 

Jimin was so scared to approach Yoongi all these years but at the end of the day talking to him was natural. It felt right. All fear almost disappeared.

Because saying he was not afraid would be a lie. He was still afraid: afraid to be rejected, to be hurt.

 

They talked about music, the first concert Yoongi had ever attended in his life, Jimin’s audition day, the way they suffered from writer’s block, their favorite album of all time, what they wanted for their life, their goals.

But they also talked about small things like the day Yoongi was caught smoking his dad cigar with his cousin or the night Jimin had his first beer and had a hangover for days. They laughed their head off when Yoongi recalled the time he had pink hair and did not want to go to Daegu afraid of his friends’ reaction and how they all ended up coloring their hair to show him support.

Jimin touched Yoongi when he shared, with all his heart, the day his parents told him they were proud of him. To that, Yoongi wanted to open up more but hold himself back and decided to mute how hard coming to Seoul and confronting his parents had been and how happy he was when they attended one of his concerts… Somehow he was not ready to say this kind of personal and deep feelings to Jimin; so he instead:

 

“ I heard you are a fan of mine”

 

Jimin blinked. It was so sudden; he was taken by surprise but after a moment answered sincerely.

 

“Yes… I genuinely like you… your music. You… How should I put this? It’s like you read my soul sometimes... When I debuted I was unsure if I was good enough to be a member of JTJ. People said I was a fraud, I was just there to be the visual of the group, they said that I was… useless…”

 

“This is not true Jimin…” said softly Yoongi

 

“I know…” smiled Jimin “ I know and I also knew I wanted to do this! Be a singer was my dream but could I?... And your music motivated me, still do. Your lyrics, what you wrote encouraged me and helped me to follow my dream, to say to all these people and to prove them wrong. Your music helped me to become the Jimin I am now… it’s not just your music but all the things you went through that inspires me. You are strong… I admire you since a long time… And… well... Thank you Yoongi for being you”

 

Yoongi remained silent. He did not except Jimin to have suffered like that, nor he expected his music to have played a role in his life and how sincere he really was during all these years praising him on TV.

On the other hand, Jimin wondered how to improve the awkward atmosphere after his ‘fan’ confession. Although he felt relieve, he was aware it made Yoongi uncomfortable.

 

“Oh… I… I didn’t... I don’t know what to…” voiced Yoongi after a long, long silence.

 

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter