Chapter 2

It Was Meant To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey readers! Originally, this was supposed to be a one-shot story, but  I find it a bit hanging, so I decided to come up with a second chapter. Whatever are your thoughts, feel free to comment them, and I hope you enjoy :)

 

"Mi-miyoung?"

 

"Hey." She said as she slowly walked towards the dumbfounded girl.

 

"H-hey."

 

"I was worried about you, you know. The guy next door told me that you were rarely home. I thought you wouldn't even be coming home tonight. Where have you been?"

 

"W-well, being a surgeon is tiring. I usually take the late night shift. Um, how bout you? Where have you been?"

 

"Let's just save that for later. For now, won't you invite me to go inside? It surely was freezing out here."

 

"Oh, y-yeah. Come in."

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

"Nothing changed here. I'm surprised."

 

"W-well, work has been tough nowadays. Hardly leaves me a spare time. Want some tea?"

 

"Yes please."

 

So she hurriedly went to the kitchen for some reason she doesn't know. Maybe Miyoung still has that effect on her that could make her do anything she wanted, or maybe she was in a rush to avoid her presence. Why did she come back, of all times, when her heart wasn't ready? She looked totally different. From the way she dressed, the way the clumsy, unkempt girl she used to know changed into an elegant woman with such poise and bearing that would bring any model to shame, up to the color of her hair. Her appearance might have changed, but the way she'd look into Taeyeon's brown eyes, how she'd give her a smile that has never been seen on tv before, and how she'd constantly send butterflies into her stomach just like the old days have never changed.   

 

"Here. It's not like those luxurious teas you've probably drank in New York, but I hope it'll do."

 

"Thanks, and just so you know, I still appreciate these kinds of tea."

 

She drank from the cup like royalty, and Taeyeon would never get tired of staring at the goddess she is facing right now, just like before. She was the perfect definition of beautiful, and her name was always the one that her heart has been beating for ever since she laid her eyes upon her, not the name "Tiffany Hwang," but the name "Hwang Miyoung."

 

"As I recall what you've said earlier, you're a surgeon, right?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"What happened to being a singer?"

 

"I...I changed my mind as time went by. Decided to stop because of work." She lied. Of course, singing is a thing that Taeyeon would never get tired of, but because it reminds her too much of Miyoung, she decided to stop.

 

"I never knew you wanted to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter