Two

Star crossed [clean]

 

 

 Walking home that day was nerve wreaking for baekhyun. He couldn't walk the peaceful music-induced walk home he usually did because of his noisy thoughts. 'Why won't my head shut up' he thought to himself.

  He keep running into people, walking into random stores he'd never been to, thinking of one thing. A smiling boy who never smiled. He wondered why said boy had let him witness such a sight when no one else had. His heart warmed and skipped a beat thinking about it. 

  He thought back to the time he had first noticed chanyeol. He remembered it like it had happened that same day, because it was the reason baekhyuns innocent heart leaped for the first time.

   He was walking home last year around this time when he decided to stop by a pet store. There was chanyeol, with a kitten on the store counter who looked furious. 

  " What do you mean you don't accept kittens! Isn't this a pet place? Aren't you supposed to take care of them?" He asked with an aggressive tone. The cashier raised his eyebrow. 

  " Sir, I've told you countless times , you have to take it to an animal shelter-"

  " There isnt one anywhere near here, what am I supposed to do? Leave it outside?" Chanyeol looked almost genuinely worried. The kitten began to move around the counter, playing with the pens in the cup. 

  Baekhyun moved behind an aisle hoping not to get involved and proceeded to look for dog food. He heard the door bell ring which told him chanyeol had probably left in a fit. He had chuckled to himself, and proceeded towards the counter.

  Not long after he had left the store he had found chanyeol with the kitten inside his hoodie with its head sticking out from a pocket. 'Was he going to keep it?' He asked himself. He looked at chanyeols right hand, were he held a bag of kitten formulated milk and smiled. It seemed that he probably was. 

    Baekhyun realized that while thinking of that flashback, he had walked by the exact same pet store that had been the very place where baekhyuns feelings began. His heart skipped a beat. 'Does chanyeol still walk this way home ' he thought to himself , which drove him to look around. He sighed almost disappointed from the fact that chanyeols didn't walk this way home. 

------------

 The next day at school chanyeol was sitting in class , half way done with the day. He didn't like going to lunch, because he knew he would sit alone anyways so he avoided the public embarrassment by staying in class. Sometimes he would walk over to the music club room and play the piano while they weren't in there. Sometimes he just stayed in the class room and cleaned it up or wrote some lyrics. Honestly anything to avoid going to lunch. 

   To avoid going to lunch and seeing the face that has captivated his attention for years laugh with other people without him. 

  Chanyeol thought back to a time when he and baekhyun had been friends when they were very young. Often times he wondered if he had forgotten that time or if he was just pretending to not remember.

  Chanyeol and Baekhyun lived in the same apartment complex ever since they were young. However , baekhyun had failed to remember that. Truthfully, chanyeol was living a pretty decent life, despite the fact he lived in an apartment that would say otherwise. 

  His mother was a single mother who raised him in the same apartment he lived in. The only difference was that his mother had married a pretty famous attorney and now his family was well off. 

  Chanyeol , being the spoiled teenager he now is, had no intentions of leaving the presence of baekhyun and the apartment he had grown up in. So he lived there for school, and went to his parents during the weekends. His life was honestly better than what he would admit to.

   Baekhyun had been his best friend when he had no one else to talk to. They were probably around 5? Chanyeol didn't even remember that much either. One thing was for sure, Chanyeol never told Baekhyun his name. Probably because Chanyeol hated talking at that age. Baekhyun did all the talking when they played , or did anything. That definitely had to contribute with the fact that Baekhyun doesn't remember him. 

     Chanyeol knew for a fact that his passion was music at a young age. He picked up piano very fast from his mother. His mother became happy watching his attempts to play piano and made sure to keep making her happy. Chanyeol enrolled into a music academy for middle school and learned how to play piano. However, the music academy was pretty far from his home and he knew for a fact that he would not be able to get there for high school. So , he signed up for the same school baekhyun would be attending. He gave music school so he could see baekhyun.

   Studying has never been chanyeols thing. He knew for a fact that this future job was going to involve music so he didn't care much for the music academy or studying. He focused on composing only.

   Of course, his muse being baekhyun. Who else could move him enough to do what he's done. Follow the kid home even though he sees him everyday at the apartment complex. What's he gona say when he goes over to chanyeols apartment and realizes they've lived there again. He doesn't even remember him.

  Chanyeol sighed and sat back down in his seat as the student began to pour back into the class. His eyes forever glued on baekhyun, as he noticed him turn and look at him. They're eyes stuck, and baekhyun stopped his steps and stared back. ' This kid is doing it again' Chanyeol thought to himself.

  Baekhyun broke the contact as he started getting glares from people who he was blocking their walking path. He sat in his desk and looked down, his hair covering his eyes. 

   Chanyeol sighed loud, almost too loud, because baekhyun glanced over his way and then back. He did this way to often, and Chanyeol was tired of it. He was tired of the mixed signals, he was tired of one sided feelings. It wasn't even baekhyuns fault, but at the same time it was. He wanted to know if he remember him or not. He was tired of being in doubt.

    Chanyeols chest hurt as he put his head on his desk to take a nap. ' Why do I feel like this ' he wondered. At times, Chanyeol knew for sure that it must mean he has feelings for baekhyun. At other times , he was certain he just wanted someone's attention. After all, what would baekhyun say if he found out Chanyeol was gay and liked him. He may even make jokes about him, which scared Chanyeol. 

   He watched baekhyun play with his fingers from the position he was. Chanyeols heart skipped a beat. He clenched his teeth, mad at himself. ' I'm so tired of this' he told himself.

------------------------------------------