Three

Star crossed [clean]

3

 

 

 

    Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun walked back into the class with his book bag and began shoving his things in his bag. Chanyeol had barely woke up from a nap, because he had to wait for Baekhyun to finish his club activities so that he could walk him home.

 

    Baekhyun neared Chanyeol, which instantly took him away from his 'just woke up mood'. His heart starting racing a little as the boy neared him.

 

    Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at him. He was confused as to why he had waited  for him after school when he could have just texted him his address, or at least that's what he assumed he had waited for. He spoke up, "Did you wait for me?" he asked hinting awkwardness in his tone. Chanyeol smiled, and Baekhyun felt he needed to sit down after having witnessed such a sight.

 

    "Of course," he said picking his head up and looking up towards Baekhyun," im walking you to my house."

 

    A cold chill ran down Baekhyuns spine after those words. He absolutely adored Chanyeols deep voice and how well it accented words. It was a voice he wanted to hear more than often. He wanted to hear that voice in so many different types of ways. The thought of that made Baekhyun aware, however, that he was thinking way too hard about chanyeol and the little things about him. He gulped.

 

    Chanyeol stood up and grabbed his book bag and slung it over his back. He began walking out the room, with Baekhyun following after his footsteps. He caught up to Chanyeol and walked side by side with him. He glanced a bit at Chanyeol's face, observing his features. 

 

    To Baekhyun, Chanyeol was mystery. He was incredibly handsome, no doubt, and he attracted a lot of girls, and just as well boys, considering himself. However, he seemed to deflect the attention, making a bad name for him. He is considered to be in a gang, even though it may not necessarily be true. He just happens to give off the kind of vibe that he does.

 

    Chanyeol wore a hoodie, despite it being against the rules of the school to wear hoodies at all. He wore different hoodies, but the similarity is that they were usually black or grey, never any other color. He once wore a green one, and the school exploded in gossip. They could not stop talking about Chanyeol, the bad boy of the school, wearing a green hoodie. Truthfully, in Baekhyuns eyes, Chanyeol was not a bad boy. More so, he was putting on that image so that people would leave him alone. To baekhyun, Chanyeol was just a lazy slow kid who could care less about school.

 

    Chanyeol began messing with his hair, running his fingers through it as they walked out the school gate and on towards the street. Baekhyuns heart skipped a beat. He became mad at himself. 

 

    "Why does it always do that?" he said outloud, not realizing it. Chanyeol, without turning around replied, "Why does what do that?" then glancing over to Baekhyun after no reply, his bangs falling back in front of his eyes. Baekhyun's eyes widened a little, realizing what had just happened. He waved it off, " Nothing I spoke outloud, sorry" apologized Baekhyun, and continued to walk beside him.

 

    "If you're sorry then tell me what you were thinking about then" Chanyeol smirked with his witty reply. Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, chuckling in disbelief. ' what is this boy trying to do'. He studied chanyeol's eyes on his, feeling heat rise in his body. He loved the way Chanyeol looked at him. He loved that he paid attention to him, despite the fact that chanyeol only cares about himself. The fact that Chanyeol was here, walking home, was enough to send him in a spiral of emotions.

 

    " In your dreams Chanyeol" he retorted, rolling his eyes. However, his words lied, because baekhyun knew deep down, he wanted chanyeol to know exactly what he was thinking. He wanted to tell him everything he thought about him and how deep his feelings were. Baekhyun wanted confirmation. A confirmation that has been building up a need of a release for days now.

 

    Baekhyun looked to the right, and realized they had passed the same pet store in which he had first noticed Chanyeol. His face was plastered with a silly smile, like one that a kid would put on when they answered something correct, or when they felt proud.

 

      Chanyeol turned to notice what was playing on Baekhyuns face, however he kept to himself. He stared at his face for a while before turning and continuing to walk. 

 

      They continued to walk, however there was a silence between both of them that was growing awkward by each step they took. It felt like someone was about to speak up eventually, that is, until they turned and reached the apartment complex. 

 

       Inside of Chanyeols chest grew anxiety and dread, knowing that after years of keeping it a secret, he was going to have to explain how they live in the same apartment complex, and possibly mention the memory Baekhyun had so innocently forgotten. Baekhyuns face grew with recognition, because his head started turning towards the complex and towards Chanyeols, back and foward trying to come up with a question.

 

       As chanyeol lead the way into the complex, walking up the stairs , he heard baekhyun speak up. 

" You live here?" He asked curiously , his eyes looking toward Chanyeols and stopping him in his tracks. His eyes were filled with a curiosity that was ignorant, because it was obvious Chanyeol lived here. Chanyeol looked away, and acted as if he didn't care. He walked forward and stopped at a door , which he began to unlock with his key. He pushed the door open, while holding onto the knob. He held the door open of baekhyun and smiled.

  " Yea" Chanyeol finally responded, and Baekhyun sighed a breath of relief.

     Baekhyun walked in, intrigued by the giants apartment. He had no idea they lived in the same apartment complex, and his gut began to stir in the realization that they lived so close. His apartment was basically on the opposite side of Chanyeols.

       His house was a house that was lit up by just the sunlight that came through the windows. The house had an interesting feel, one that fit Chanyeols personality well. The heater worked thankfully, and Baekhyun rejoiced at the warmth it provided him as soon as he walked in. 

        Chanyeols heart speed up as he saw Baekhyun who stood infront of the sunlight reflecting through the window. His features were so noticeable , and he looked absolutely breathtaking. A million things began to run through Chanyeols head. Things he knew he would not be able to control at some point, especially since they were in the freedom of his home. He refused to turn on the lights, especially when he looked so majestic right there. 

           However Baekhyun turned it on. The lights lit up the modern style apartment which had been renovated. Baekhyuns eyes lit up along with the lights.

       " Chanyeol!" He said with a smile ,looking around , then facing said boy," your house is beautiful!" 

     Chanyeol felt blessed, happy , and grateful for all the attention he was getting from Baekhyun. His heart was filled with joy as he watched Baekhyun fawn over his apartment. However, Baekhyuns smile silenced, and an awkward atmosphere grew again. He rubbed his neck and looked towards Chanyeol. 

     " We should start on this project " Baekhyun mention, which alerted Chanyeol and woke him from his daydream. 

  " Oh," replied Chanyeol, almost disappointed, " right . Let's go to my room." And with that he lead Baekhyun up to his room.

 

~~

 

Baekhyun was nervous as he sat on Chanyeols bed, Chanyeol sitting at his desk facing him. Chanyeols room smelled exactly like him, except with a stronger scent. He wanted to indulge in the scent, frail around and clench his blankets that Chanyeol used to protect himself at night. However, Baekhyun contained himself, knowing that the relationship between the two was extremely confusing, especially since they both desperately wanted to say something.

    Baekhyun spoke up, " So I came up with an idea for the project" he commented in the midst of their tension. Chanyeol, with his eyes forever on Baekhyuns, smiled and replied," What is it?"

   Baekhyun gulped , he was thinking a million things at once but there was one that stood out the most. It was Chanyeols stare. He absolutely adored it. He felt as if Chanyeol wanted to tell him something and it was killing Baekhyun because he SO desperately wanted to hear it. 

   ' Damn it , why am I so obsessive ‘ Baekhyun asked himself, ridiculing his overwhelming thoughts. He felt as if he just couldn't help himself , even if the thing that was triggering was Chanyeols intense stare.

    " God damn it" he said out loud , running a hand down his face then through us hair.

  Chanyeol, confused , simply laughed at the smaller boys outburst , longing for him. Baekhyuns cheeks turned pick in realization that he had said that outloud, but began laughing with Chanyeol. 

    " Did you forget what you were gona say?" Chanyeol say while laughing. Baekhyun stopped laughing immediately and became flustered. 

  "No... I was just thinking something" he replied , avoiding any eye contact with Chanyeol.

   Chanyeol continued to stare at Baekhyun , and suddenly Baekhyun regained himself.

  " We should do a garden!" Said Baekhyun with confidence. Chanyeol , confused, pressed his eyebrows together and looked at Baekhyun with a face. 

   " A garden??? In the middle of winter??" He asked , still confused. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, and began to pull his laptop out. 

  "Look," he began , pulling up webpages to show," The scholarship I want to do is saying you have to come up with a way of helping your environment. Well our environment has air quality issues doesn't it??? So why don't we make a garden, even in the winter, to help?" He said with such confidence.

   " Okay Baekhyun," Chanyeol replied, beginning his comeback," but how are we going  to make a garden? With which flowers because as far as I know, flowers don't like the winter."

  " That's where you're wrong!" Replied Baekhyun with a happy smirk. Always the intelligent one," There are many plants that love the winter" he replied while pulling up a tab filled with plant species that finesse during the winter. Chanyeol couldn't help but smile at the smaller. He adores seeing this witty side of Baekhyun.

    " Okay, then let's do a garden" he smiled, and so did Baekhyun.  Their stare began again, only  now , Chanyeol was only inches away from Baekhyun. Chanyeol pushed the laptop away and scooted closer to Baekhyun as they got closer. 

      " Do you have something to say?" Asked Baekhyun, not being able to hold in the tension. Chanyeol , on the other hand , had his heart racing. He felt Baekhyuns breath on his skin and his head was going crazy. He knew he couldn't do anything now, so he calmed himself. 

     Chanyeol looked down and turned around while scooting over.' Maybe next time' he told himself.

    Baekhyun, extremely flustered, with a pink face got up and collected his stuff. He wrote on a sticky note pad the words ' look up: Winter plants' and stuck it to Chanyeols desk top.

    He looked towards the giant, who was looking away towards the floor and sighed.

  " We can finish this tommorow. Bye ,Chanyeol ." And with that Chanyeols room was lonely once again. 

   Chanyeol, sitting in the same place , heard his front door slam shut, in which he released a huge sigh. He was lonely once again. He absolutely hated being alone. He was tired of it.  His smile he had with Baekhyun turned into a depressed angst that never left his face. How he needed some joy in his life, if only Baekhyun were gay, he thought to himself. He slammed himself on his bed and laid down messing with his hair furiously. 

   " What is that boy doing to me" he groaned , his feelings escalating. Before Chanyeol knew it , he was laying on his bed, frustrated and tired. What a day.