One

Star crossed [clean]

1

 It was a cold morning, where the sun appears to be late in its rise while it hides behind clouds. These were the mornings byun baekhyun appreciated the most. They created a mysterious feeling, and tricked your mind into think it was still the night. It was enough to encourage him to walk to school disregarding the cold temperature. 

   Pulling on a hoodie that was two sizes too big, slinging his backpack over his shoulder and baekhyun was off too school.

    He normally walked to school, despite how cold it was during the winter , but he lived in the city , and walking was always the convenient option. He would plug in his headphones and drown himself from the world.

  Singing along to the pop song playing in his ears he entered his favorite donut shop and picked up a coffee with donut holes and made his way to school.

  As he walked in through the gate , he cupped his coffee close to his face , receiving instant warmth that made him smile.

  Baekhyun had a tendency to adore the smallest things in life. Little things like receiving warmth were things he felt grateful for and adored. Although he didn't know it, there was someone who also loved the small things of baekhyun. Someone who watched from afar.

   Baekhyun reached his class, sitting towards the back where he always sat. A row behind him, two seats to his left, sat the boy baekhyun was so curious about. It was Park chanyeol. 

   He was surprised to see him at school so early, or to even be at school at all. Park chanyeol did not care about school at all. He sat at the back of the class glaring st everyone and sleeping during class. His black hair sweep across his forehead while leaning against his hand , with an all-to-obvious expression of boredom playing on his face. He twirled his pencil and looked up as he sensed baekhyuns strong stare on him. 

   At that moment their eyes met , locking in place. Baekhyun didn't want to look away. His eyebrows pushed against each other as they wondered why he could not take his eyes away from boy. Chanyeol stared back, his cold glare not seeming so intimidating as always. They were both captivated by each other's presence.

  The teacher walked into class and broke baekhyuns strong starring contest. He felt chanyeol stare on the back of his head. There was no way both of them could ignore what had just happened. There had to be something. Baekhyun swore he would get to the bottom of it. 

To both baekhyun and chanyeols surprise , they were assigned a project together, which caused both of them to turn and stare at each other again. That was the moment when baekhyun swore he saw chanyeol smirk. He looked back at the teacher, who was assigning group partners.

   " You are to look up an environmental scholarship and apply for one. You should also record you progress as you go. If you do the project right , it should take you around 5 weeks to complete."

    5 weeks of chanyeol , baekhyun muttered to himself in his head. He didn't dare turn around again and be tempted. There was something about that tall boy that was so intimidating. His heart skipped a beat.

-------------

Baekhyun sat at lunch with his best friend, sehun and his friends. He kept stealing glances over to chanyeol , who sat alone two tables away. He was always writing in a small note pad or sleeping when baekhyun looked over there. However today he wasn't , he was actually eating lunch , and he looked like he was waiting for someone. He looked around the cafeteria looking for someone. Baekhyun continued to stare, despite the fact he and chanyeol eyes could meet at any given moment. 

    Baekhyun contemplated going over and talking to him. They had to talk soon because of the project anyway. It was going to have to be done anyway. 

   Sehun face crept closer to baekhyuns face, staring at him confused and interested. He followed baekhyuns distracted eyes and started smiling. 

   " How is it that you've never talked to him. Do you want me to hook you up or ?" Sehun teased. Baekhyun suddenly became aware. His face turned a light shade of pink. He shoved sehun away.

   " Shut up with that stupid talk " baekhyun threw back a little annoyed. 

  Sehun only smirked, and continued ,

" You're only mad because I caught you in the act. Go talk to him, you have a project anyway." 

  Baekhyun frowned, and looked back towards chanyeol , who was watching him from the other table. '' thought baekhyun, knowing he'd been caught. He sighed and pushed himself out his seat and took his plate. 

  The walk over to chanyeols table was a scary one. One being because unlike his earlier feelings, baekhyun was actually scared of chanyeol. He'd heard a lot of things about him. Just a quick glance at him was enough to tell you to not mess with him. He looked down at people , and he always had a look on his face that told you that he thought of himself above others.

 

Chanyeols eyes followed baekhyuns all the way to the seat infront of him , in which baekhyun sat down. Chanyeols expression never changed. Then chanyeol spoke,

   " Byun baekhyun " 

    " Park chanyeol "  , baekhyun replied back. So they knew each other's names. Baekhyun was relieved to know he wasn't the only weird one here.

   Chanyeols eyes dropped to his plate and messed around with his food. 

   " So," he begins , while scooping some rice in his spoon, " what brings baekhyunnie to my table for " he says smiling and placing the spoon of rice in his mouth.

  Baekhyun almost screamed, having witnessed the charming smile of a boy who never smiled. Something inside told him to reply but he was still in shock about the beautiful face he had just witnessed. It had felt almost like a sin to have been watched. 

  As he regained himself, he spoke, 

  " We have a project to do"

Chanyeol looked up at the boy who he had been watching for the past few months. His presence at his abandoned table made  him feel appreciated , even though he would never admit it. He was content with the fact that baekhyuns in his class, which meant he could look at him all he wanted. However, up close , he looked angelic. His skin glowed and his small actions attracted chanyeol so much. He couldn't help but feel something for this small boy.

  Chanyeol chuckled to himself, " Of course, you would never come to my table on your own intentions if it weren't for a project." He looked back up again, to see that baekhyun was about to come up with some excuse to play off what chanyeol had just said. However chanyeol beat him before that.

  " Forget it" he said waving it off, " so how are we gona work this out?" He asked baekhyun, dropping his spoon. Baekhyun looked relieved, and chanyeol smiled to himself.

  " My parents don't really like people at my home" baekhyun said scratch the nape of his neck. Chanyeol sighed, and rested his head on his hand. 

  " My parents are never home, so we can do it at my place" chanyeol offered, scooping another spoonful of rice into his mouth. Baekhyuns face shone with relief. Chanyeol chuckled. 

  " So um," chanyeol looked up to see the boy infront of him a nervous wreak yet again, " what's your number?" Asked baekhyun , biting his soft lips. 

  Chanyeol raised an eyebrow and started laughing, not being able to take flustered baekhyun seriously. In his eyes he looked absolutely adorable. He could not understand why he was being so nervous infront of him over a phone number. Chanyeol wondered if the boy might have feelings for him too. 

  Baekhyun, flustered, pressed his eyebrows together and glared at chanyeol," Don't get the wrong idea!" He threw at chanyeol.

 " It's just for the project!" Baekhyun added. Chanyeol nodded, regaining himself from his fit of laughter. He smiled and leaned in closer to baekhyun. He took baekhyun arm and immediately regretted it. He began to write on his palm his phone number with a pen, but as he did it he caught baekhyuns scent and was enchanted by it. It made chanyeols senses go crazy, making chanyeol become weary. ' what is he doing to me' he asked himself, pulling together a smirk to show off to baekhyun. He pulled back and sat down, afraid of their close contact that if it continued, would result in something chanyeol wasn't able to restrain himself from. 

 Chanyeol put on a smile for baekhyun,

  " I'll see you at 5:00 tommorow then" 

------------------------------------------