Pirouette

Battle Within
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Pirouette   ~ a rotation or spin

 

 

🔹Kai s POV🔹

“Hi I’m Kai and you?” no no no.

“Hi My name is Kai. Nice to meet you” urgghhh what is it - an interview!!

“Hi I’m Kai, i see you everyday” woww that’s just downright creepy.


What the hell is wrong with you Kai? Why are your in such a twist? You just need to walk up to him and introduce yourself, which in itself is so stupid because it’s absolutely certain that sehun already knows you.


Kai continues to berate himself in front of the mirror while prepping for a possible meeting. After many sleepless nights, he’s finally decided to talk to sehun. At least befriend the other. They are neighbors after all. And there was a time when they used to be best friends; doesn’t matter if it was almost 15 years back. They grew up and went to different Schools; with a different set of friends and personalities. But kai still see him, craves for his friendship. Sehun made so many new friends but Kai was still the same - all alone.


With his mother pushing him more and more into ballet routines and international school applications; no matter how much Kai would fight over not going abroad. His mother brushes him off like she is not even listening or worst - doesn’t care about his opinion.

 

At more than one occasion he had the wild thought of running away, making a life on his own. But every time his resolute would waver because there is still a part of him that loves to dance. That craves to flow like fluid on every beat of music. He is trying so hard to still keep his love for his passion intact, even if his mother is making it really hard for him to do that. He has talked to some friends but everyone looked at him like he was crazy. It’s a good thing he didn’t told them in exact words but a very vague description of what he is feeling. God forbid if one of them telltale it to a mentor and if they had told his mother, he would have nowhere to run to then.

 

He has been trying to find another way and truth be told it mostly included a tall, lean, and a good looking boy who lived 5 minutes away from him. Someone who Kai knew and not knew anymore at the same time. Someone whose laughs, along with his friend’s echo in the silence of night. Someone Kai has seen dancing to no music on the streets; carefree and laced with a sense of freedom. And no matter how much Kai tried not to seek the other to cure his problems, he couldn’t help but lose the battle of resisting the desire to find the other boy.
 

And that's the reason Kai finds himself in a club one night; way past his bedtime. He is supposed to be in his studio at five the next morning for rehearsal but here he is, in a shady jam packed club that is blasting music too loud that if any of his peers or teachers or god forbid his mom heard they would have been horrified and left instantly. But to kai, it feels like something is awakening in him after so long. His body is already swaying to the beats, not caring about the sweaty bodies that are aligned with his or the music that is too loud for him to know what it says exactly.

 

But everything ceases to matter as his eyes land on someone on the dance floor, only few feet away from him. Suddenly he is zoning out; loud music fading, feel of sweaty bodies disappearing, fluttering of club lights going unnoticed. As the boy on the dance floor becomes the sole center of his attention.

 

Kai does not register though how the tall lean boy is alone today, without his crew.

 

 

■■■■■■

 

Sehun feels like he is….“floating”. Like he is walking on the clouds. The reason he likes this underrated club rather than those high profile dance clubs is because no one knows him here.

 

There are no expectations, no loud cheers of his names, no mocking when he missteps or does not land smoothly on ground after one particular difficult flip. There is no name calling, no downgrading him.

 

He is just a nameless and faceless person here. And he can dance his heart out without any concern and burden. He almost feels like his younger self.

 

 

 

 



 

Kai looks here and there in frenzy not knowing what to do and where to look. Fear of getting caught by Sehun but still not being able to snatch his eyes away from the other’s every move builds a knot in his stomach. And then it happens. One minute kai is following Sehun’s every move with his eyes and next moment everything freezes as their eyes meet in a silent battle. For a second, Kai’s breath is knocked out of him. Initially it was fear of getting caught but later it was adrenaline in the form of some unknown feelings that originated from his heart and travelled down to the pit of his stomach burning a trail on its path.

 

Sehun on the other hand is shocked to see a familiar face, someone he was not expecting to see here even in his wildest dreams no less getting face to face with that person. Someone he had known for as long as he can remember. Someone who first introduced him to dance; the person who was closest to him in the past but at the same time someone with whom Sehun has not talked to in last 10 years. But kai was someone who sehun had watched and admired from far all these years. Someone he really didn’t wish to confront and so he does the first thing that comes to his mind; that is - escaping in a rush.

 

Kai couldn’t fathom what was happening, just a moment ago he could swear Sehun saw him and recognition dawned on the taller boy’s face but now he is nowhere to be seen; like Sehun just vanished in thin air without any trace.

 

In his rush to find the boy before he went any far, Kai blindly turns to his side and crashes with someone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter