Allégro

Battle Within
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

First of all, I am so sorry it took me ages to complete this. Work, Personal Life and BAE2018 had me messed up.

Secondly, I had actually finished writing this  a few weeks ago but as of late i am having a lot of insecurities regarding my writing so i even thought of deleting this story; but i am giving this a chance though i am very scared of the response.

Lastly, You all might want to go read this story from the start...to brush up and as well as because i edited the whole thing. There are no major changes regarding the plot but there are a few additions.

Ok now on to the final chapter -

 

 

It has been 2 weeks since Sehun brought Kai to his hide out and they still haven’t talked about it. All they do is practice for hours and sometimes there are some awkward glances shared usually after unintentional touching which leaves both of them with tingling feelings. But apart from that they are only rigorously practicing. Sehun can see the determination in Kai’s set of jaws, his unfazed gaze and the confident with which he is doing the routine. Sehun still thinks that they will not clear the prelim rounds because he knows the other participants (unknown to Kai sehun did his homework well). But all of it does not matter now. Kai is a beautiful dancer and he is different than all of them. Sehun is pretty damn sure that the crowd will be in love with him instantly and wasn’t that Kai wanted in first place; to feel the love from the audience.

Startling back from his thoughts, sehun joins Kai to practice till late that night. Both of them forgetting about the time when they are in their world of dance.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Where have you been till this late?” a dark figure sitting on the lone armchair in flickering lamplight asks Kai as soon as he enter the threshold of his house.

 

Kai had a wonderful day today. Their final choreo practice went so well today, that he is sure they would turn heads in the competition that is to be held tomorrow. He should have guessed though that like always his happiness will be short lived.

 

He doesn’t have the energy to deal with his mother right at this moment but he knows she wouldn’t let him off the hook easily. “I had practice” Kai simply answers and walk towards his room without even stopping.

 

“That’s funny coming from you; No. That someone who has been skipping his regular classes for past few weeks is practicing until so late in the night” and suddenly dread pools down Kai’s stomach. He had a feeling that soon his mother will find out about his missing classes and all the complaints from his instructors, but he had no idea that day will come so soon. No less a night before the day he had been looking forward to for so long.

 

“I…” he is at a loss of words. There is no excuse this time that will garner him a free pass. He has to man up and say the truth. It’s time, he thinks.

 

“I have been practicing with a friend for a competition.” he finally lets the words fall out of his mouth after swallowing them in so many times in the past.

 

“By friend you mean that good for nothing ‘OH’ boy.” she snickers with disdain and something just snaps within Kai.

 

“Mother please!! Don’t say anything bad about him. He did nothing wrong”, and although his words are pleading his tone is anything but.

 

“HE DID NOTHING WRONG!!!!! He did everything wrong. He put all these nonsense ideas in your mind and like a clueless and gullible boy you are, you just followed him blindly.”

 

The resulting laughter from his son was not something his mother expected and thus was thrown completely off guard.

 

“I pity you mother” and before his enraged mother could say anything more he continues “I pity you because you never understood me, your own son. I don’t know if you could never understand me or you just never tried to. It was not Sehun who ‘put those thoughts’, as you liked to call it, in my mind. It was you” and her mother’s shocked gasp makes him almost smile.

“Yes you. You always loved to dictate my life and finally i reached my limit. It was not Sehun who came to me. It was I who went to him for help” and her resultant reaction satisfies Kai to the core. There is disbelief and something akin to disappointment written all over her face; The two things that he always feared to see on her face but today it’s a welcomed sight.

 

“Kim Jongin, you wouldn’t talk to me, your MOTHER like this. And from tomorrow you will stop seeing that wretched boy and resume your classes like before. You will do as i say. I will not hear another word on this topic anymore.”

 

“Good. Because i wouldn’t be saying anything in return. I don’t have anything to give you. I am leaving mother. And oh, it was nice hearing once again the sound of the name, you gave me on birth, from your own mouth.”

 

Before she could comprehend what happened, he was gone. Leaving behind the ajar door and her heart heavy with emotions she hasn’t felt in a long time.

 

~~~~

 

 

“You did WHAT??” sehun can’t believe Kai would have taken such a drastic step.

 

Kai had appeared outside his bedroom window twenty minutes ago and Sehun who was just about to go to sleep after the tiring practice they had today was surprised to see him there. Confused Sehun had opened the window and helped Kai climb into his bedroom.

 

It was a good thing Sehun lived on the ground floor otherwise it would have been a difficult task, Sehun thought off handedly.

 

Kai had just finished telling him what happened when the older reached home an hour ago and how he left in a fit of rage after confronting his mother.

 

“I was thinking of just roaming the streets all night but I was feeling so depressed, so instead I came here. I was not sure though if I could turn up on the front door so late in night that’s why the window” Kai tells this to sehun sheepishly. “I hope its okay?” Kai asks to which sehun nods with a sad smile.

 

“Don’t worry. It was long overdue. In a way I’m happy it happened today. Somehow i feel light and free; like a weight has been lifted off my chest. I needed to say it and she needed to hear it.” kai says without a shudder completely masking the tremble in his voice and his heart.

 

Sehun can see through his facade though; has always been able to. But instead of making kai talk he just grabs him and pulls him in a tight warm hug. Sehun had his doubts in the start but he is truly happy for how far kai has come.

 

“Are you okay?” sehun asks quietly after few minutes; never letting go of the other in his embrace.

 

“No” kai replies aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter