Tour en l'air

Battle Within
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tour en l'air  -  a turn in the air

 

PREVIOUSLY

Kai knows what he is asking for is highly impossible but he wants to keep trying to make it a possibility.

“You don’t know what you are asking for. Just because you are tired and bored with ballet today doesn’t mean you will never like it back. Tomorrow you will want to go back to ballet. What then? You will just abandon us like you are doing today. I’m sorry but if after 10 years you can’t be faithful to your art, I can’t trust you with mine.”

 

 

 

 

“Stop it. Just stop it. You know nothing about me nor about the situation I am in. And definitely not about my dedication towards my art. I love dancing. Ballet is just a genre. What i like the most is to express myself through my dance. And you don’t know my mom. She….she just makes me suffocate in my own skin. She loves to dictate my life and it’s to the point that i started hating dancing. I started hating my talent my art Sehun. And i don’t want to. I don’t want to stay in this situation and keep suffering and one day just stop dancing because it gets too much. I want out before it's too late. It has nothing to do with Ballet or me being unfaithful. Maybe that day out of sheer desperation i said the wrong things but i am never leaving ballet. I never said that. For once i want to feel what it’s like to dance freely. For me” Kai readies himself to leave without waiting for sehun’s response. He is sure he’s lost his chance.

 

“Wait” sehun does not move from his spot, is not even looking at Kai; head hung low and brows furrowed in confusion but there is a determination in his voice which halts Kai mid-step.

 

There is a sudden spark of hope that lights Kai’s eyes.

 

“You can’t join my crew” and just like that the light dies. Kai turns to leave dejectedly when a hand grabs his. “I am not finished. You can’t join my crew because that decision is not my alone to make. And Jongin me and my crew we have been together for a long time. We are like a family. I can’t just suddenly ask them to welcome a new member. That’s not how it works.”

 

Kai understands all this, even more so now when sehun is telling him all this with a sincere heart but he can’t help himself to feel disheartened. He thought this was his only chance and now even that is slipping through his fingers.

 

“But we can hang out” and sehun adds on when he sees the confusion on kai’s face. “Just you and me. I mean if it’s only about dancing and not about being part of my crew then i guess i can help you. I will show you my moves, take you to my hangout scenes, and practice with you. And in return you can tell me all about your show off routines and batch mates.” sehun says the last sentence as a joke to ebb the tension away but the amusement vanishes the moment warmth spreads through his entire body. Sehun realises after a blink or two that kai is hugging him. And he does not know what to do so he just stands there, hands awkwardly resting on his sides and his heart beating frantically inside his chest.

 

 

It’s not like sehun had a change of heart on hearing Kai's words. But actually Sehun got even more confident that this is just a phase and soon Kai will leave this ‘escape route’ and go back to his world, the place where he truly belongs.

 

 

It's the 12th day and sehun is still waiting for Kai to not to turn up this time on their decided spot. But there he is in all his natural glory walking towards Sehun with a grace of a wildcat. Sehun has to agree that Kai is a natural when it comes to dance, it’s not something he ever had a doubt about but kai is almost as good as most of his crew members.

 

There is something different about him today though, a certain light in his eyes and a skip to his steps. Sehun is already worried about what new weird request kai is bringing with him. He didn’t have to wait long.

 

“Guess what” Kai exclaims happily even before reaching a hands distance from the other boy.

“I would rather not” sehun murmurs and refuse to say it again when Kai fails to hear it the first time and asks him again.

Brushing it off kai dives into a long explanation abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter