Prologue

Battle Within
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

PROLOGUE  

Stage was what he's born for. Or so he is told.

 

He was 8 when he stood there in front of the mirror in ballet costume. He is 18 now. He still stand there.

But it's nothing like what it used to be anymore. Now when he dances on stage, he can't see anything. It's totally dark up there. As if he is alone but he is not. He is in the centre of it all. In the spotlight. His treacherous mind supplies "You can't see them but they all can". And it bugs him now.

 

3 years ago the chants of "kai" "kai" "kai" used to bug him.

He wanted them to stop..he wanted the silence. But now when he got it..he wants those shouts back. He feels all alone there. Presented to be judged by people in the dark. He wants to see their expression when he dances. He wants to look them in the eye and smirk & see them awe. The stage is too far away from them. It's too dark. It's sooo lonely up here on your own.

 

And that's why he finds himself in the club tonight that organizes street dance battles. The adrenaline, the blinding lights, those loud cheers and the bass sound which is too painful to his ear drums is the best thing happening to him in last 3 years.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter