Chapter 53: Hot and Cold 1

She is a boy

I'm running out of B.A.P songs, covers, solos, at this point I may start using other singers' songs. in fact, I listen to “stay” by blackpink when I write youngjae and daehyun, I think the lyrics suit their actual “relationship” pretty well.

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ listen to “stay” and tell me if dae doesn't feel the same. 

I've seen fanfics with youngjae x minjae, Idk why, the only interaction I remember is her tweet ‘bout youngjae on king of masked singer. 

Chapter 53: Hot and Cold 1

Daehyun had to go to work and in order to get to the door, he had to pass the kitchen and Jongup was in the kitchen and he didn’t want to see him. He breathed in and walked towards the door as quiet as he could, however, Jongup had a Daehyun radar and as soon as he heard him, he came out the kitchen and said:

    “Are you leaving without breakfast?”

    The blond pretended he didn't hear a thing and reached for the doorknob.

    “Are you avoiding me?” Jongup said again and Daehyun gave up and turned around to face him.

    “You know me so well” 

    “Why do you do it?”

    “The last time I saw you, you were very angry with me 'cause I invited Youngjae to the party. How was I supposed to know that he was coming? You were so OOC I didn’t recognize you!”

    “Sorry” Jongup ran his hand through his hair and sighed “I wasn’t angry with you. I was angry… Let me rephrase, I’m angry with him for coming into your life as if nothing after he hurt you. Because of him you stopped eating and started crying… He isn’t good for you. And I know you said you don’t love him anymore and you can take care of yourself, but the thought of you being sad and miserable all over again kills me”

    “Don't be silly” Daehyun walked up to Jongup and gave him a hug “I'll never be sad and miserable again as long as I have you” he hugged him tighter “You've become very important to me, you're my best friend forever and ever”

    Jongup froze as he heard best friend forever and ever, that was very far from boyfriend, but he wasn’t going to quit, if Youngjae thought he was having Daehyun back easily he was ing wrong.

    “How about we have a picnic in Han River?”

    “It’s a great idea!”

    “I'll pick you up after work”

    “After work I have to take Minjae to Sejongno” Daehyun said “You remember, right? She has a date with Youngjae and don’t know where Sejongno is”

    “What a jerk, it's his date, why doesn't he pick her up instead of making her take the subway and get lost?”

    “She won't get lost with me” Daehyun shrugged “Don't worry, it'll be fast. I'll get off work early and I'll take her to her destination and then I'll meet you at Han River”

 

Everything was as planned, Daehyun left work early and went to Minjae's apartment. Minjae was gorgeous. She wore a dark green dress with red roses, white high heels, and her long dark chocolate hair fell like cascades over her shoulders. Daehyun took her to Sejongno... three hours later.

    Nothing was as planned. Never. He had grown up in Seoul, but didn’t know the city as well as he should. He couldn't even remember the last time he went downtown…

    “I was supposed to meet Youngjae three hours ago!!!” Minjae walked out the metro “You think he's still there? I don't think so”

    “You can call him”

    “I forgot to ask his phone number” she pouted “But he's your friend, you must have his number”

    “I don't” Daehyun had deleted the younger's number in order to forget him, he never thought they were going to be friends again.

    “Then what do we do???!!!”

    “I don't have his number, but I know it from memory” Daehyun took out his cellphone and called Youngjae.

    “Wow, you must be close, I don't know my friends' numbers from memory”

    “He doesn’t pick up”

    “It's the first time I get a date with a pretty guy and I mess up!” Minjae was about to cry and that made Daehyun feel stupid and guilty and he had to do something, anything to make her feel better. 

    “Where did you set the meet?”

    “Sejongno”

    “What part? A restaurant? A coffee shop? A mall?”

    “He said at Sejong Center”

    “We're close” Daehyun took her hand and dragged her to the exit.

    “Are we going? I mean, it’ll be a waste of time, he’s already gone for sure”

    “Maybe he’s still there”

    “You’re very optimist”

    “I am” Daehyun laughed nervously and hoped to God Youngjae was still there.

    They went to the Sejong Center, there were many people waiting in line for BoA's concert. It was absurd to think that Youngjae was among the banners and lightsticks.

    “Oh my God, I love BoA!!!” Minjae said as they went through the streets. Suddenly Daehyun’s phone rang and he stopped to answer.

    “Did you call?” Youngjae asked.

    “Yes!!! I'm with Minjae. We’re in front of Sejong Center… Where are you?”

    “You're three hours and fifteen minutes late” Youngjae said and Daehyun felt bad, if Jongup was there he'd say he sabotaged Minjae’s date with Youngjae on purpose because he still loved Youngjae and was jealous.

    Hell, stupid Moon Jongup got inside my head!!! Daehyun shook his head and Youngjae said “There's too many people lining up, so I went to the coffee house across the street”

    “You say you're still here?!” Daehyun asked in surprise.

    “Yep” Youngjae said “I can see you and Minjae can see me, we're waving to each other”

    Daehyun turned around to see Minjae waving in direction of the coffee house across the street, Youngjae was sitting by the window and waved back cheerfully.

    He's still here after three hours and fifteen minutes!!! He must like her a lot!!! Daehyun thought as he hung up. He was going to say goodbye to Minjae, she could cross the street by herself and meet Youngjae, however, she grabbed his arm and took him with her to the coffee shop.

    “Sorry I was late, oppa!!!” Minjae reached Youngjae's table and bowed several times.

    “It was worth the wait, you're beautiful”

    “Oppa, you make me blush!!!”

    “I'm just telling the truth, you're beautiful” Youngjae said “I thought you stood me up”

    “I'd never do that!!! It's Daehyun's fault!!! He took the wrong metro five times!!!”

    “You make me look like a fool!!!” Daehyun blushed.

    “It's not secret you're dumb” Youngjae said and he and Minjae laughed.

    “You two are bulling me” the blond got a little angry.

    “The coffee here is pretty good” Youngjae ignored him and said to the brunette.

    “I want an iced latte” she said and sat Daehyun with Youngjae and then she sat down in front of them.

    “An iced latte will be” Youngjae said, getting up “What do you want?” he asked Daehyun who wasn't supposed to be there, but the editor didn’t seem to care.

    “Iced latte too”

    “I'll be back soon” he smiled to Minjae before going to the bar.

    “He's so nice” she sighed and smiled big.

    “I wouldn't know” Daehyun pursed his lips “When I met him the first time, he yelled at me nonstop, saying how ugly and dumb I am… and he called me dumb one minute ago, so I guess some things never change”

    Minjae was going to say something, but her cellphone rang. “It's my manager” she got up to answer and stayed in a corner away from Daehyun as she talked and then she came back with a sad smile “My manager got a gig for me and I have to go to the studio ASAP to practice”

    Daehyun opened his mouth to reply, but she cut him off “I have to go, tell Youngjae I'm sorry”

    “But...” Daehyun didn't know what to say, Minjae was fast, she practically ran to the door and disappeared.

    “I took the liberty of buying macaroons” Youngjae returned with a tray with two iced lattes and a plate with colorful cookies “Where's Minjae?”

    “She has work and left”

    “You can be honest with me, she left because I'm not good enough”

    “What are you talking about? She said you're nice! Trust me, she wanted to be with you so bad I thought she was going to kill me for messing up with the metro”

    “Seriously, five times?”

    “I’m not dumb” Daehyun puffed his cheeks and took his drink.

    “She told me she likes BoA, I got VIPs” Youngjae said as he ate a macaroon.

    “Oh” the blond opened his mouth with understanding “That's why we're here” he looked through the window and watched the Sejong Center where BoA was going to perform in an hour.

    “I can't go alone, it's lame”

    “I can go with you” Daehyun said and Youngjae laughed making him feel bad “I know I'm not as beautiful as Minjae, but...”

    “I thought I had to beg”

    “What?”

    “Before you talked I was going to ask you to go with me” the black-haired man said “I don't know if you like BoA, so I thought I had to beg you”

    “Come to think of it, I won't go” Daehyun said “Start begging”

    “Jung Daehyun!!!” Youngjae screamed for everybody to hear “Will you go with me to BoA's concert?!!!” he got down on one knee and held out the tickets.

    “I’ll go, so get up, get up!!!” the blond said, embarrassed. He wanted the ground to swallow him up.

    “Ladies and gentlemen, he said yes!!!” Youngjae got up with his arms lifted in triumph and everybody clapped cheerfully.

  

“Yoo Youngjae, you're crazy!!! I forgot how much you love to embarrass me!!!” Daehyun said as they entered the theatre.

    “I didn't embarrass you”

    “You didn't? When you went to pay the bill, an old man approached me to congratulate me on our engagement!!! With your show, everybody thought you were proposing!!!”

    “Trust me if I were to propose to you I wouldn't be so cliché and get down on one knee. Besides, the owner gave us free pieces of cake to celebrate and you didn't complain, actually, you ate my piece too”

    “I was hungry”

    “Tell me something I don't know”

    “Next time you should propose to me in a fancy restaurant” Daehyun said “I want free expensive cake” he shut up as Youngjae gave him a serious look “It's too soon to joke?” Daehyun felt stupid, the reason that they stopped being friends was because of his feelings for Youngjae, he shouldn’t joke with marriage proposals and make everything awkward again. Daehyun was beating himself up when Youngjae burst in laughs.

    “What's so funny?”

    “You have chocolate on your cheek” Youngjae tried to calm himself and reached out to wipe off the chocolate on the elder’s cheek with his fingers.

    “Your fingers are cold” Daehyun complained, but didn't move away.

 

The live ended and everybody started for the exit, Daehyun was about to walk out the door when he saw the gray sky without clouds. “It's going to rain” he said, stepping back.

    “It's not” 

    “The sky is dark”

    “Because it's nighttime”

    “I'm going to stay here until it stops raining”

    “It's not raining” Youngjae said and it began to rain.

    “What were you saying?” Daehyun smirked. He always felt good when he was right and not the younger.

    “The parking lot is close, we can run over there”

    “I don't want to get wet and catch a cold”

    “It's just a little rain, besides, nobody can get a cold from the rain. It’s a stupid myth”

    “Ok, just because the parking lot is close” Daehyun said and they left the building. The parking lot was close, but they didn't anticipate that the little rain could turn into a storm. The rain pounded like armies of hammers and they got soaked wet from head to toe quickly.

    “Come on, open the door!” Daehyun yelled as they reached Youngjae's white car.

    “Hold on” Youngjae looked for the car key in his pocket and whe he found it, he put it in the lock “The key doesn't fit! I think this isn't my car!”

    “Then which one is yours?!” Daehyun turned to glance at the many cars that surrounded them.

    “I don’t know, many of them look like mine!”

    “Find yours fast!!!” Daehyun gave a little smack on his arm “I don't want to get wet!!!”

    “You're already wet!!!”

    “I don't want to have a cold!!!”

    “Stop being so dumb, nobody can get that from the rain!!!”

    “You're dumber than me, you don't know which car is yours!!!”

 

rhein_1101 said she can't imagine jongup's jealous/angry face (っ´▽`)っ mea culpa, I write this like a script, never delving into the narration or description (ㆁᴗㆁ✿) I think jongup's jealous/angry face is his usual face. he doesn't show emotions with his face, but with his voice, dae knew his friend was angry and jealous cos he kept raising his voice.