Chapter 12: Shady Lady.

She is a boy

Youngjae opened up his eyes and found Daehyun on top of him. At some point last night, both fell asleep on the couch. Daehyun had his head on Youngjae's chest and one hand on Youngjae's shoulder like couples do. Youngjae wanted to scream and jump up because of the proximity between them, but he didn't want to wake Daehyun up, so he grabbed the man's shoulders cautiously and moved him aside slowly and then he got off the couch, heading towards the door, however, he couldn't help looking back and landing his eyes on Daehyun who was still asleep, now hugging a cushion instead of him.

    Youngjae leaned forward and brushed Daehyun’s hair gently before putting a hand on his forehead. Daehyun wasn’t burning anymore and that made Youngjae happy.

 

Daehyun woke up hours later; he sat up in the couch and stretched his arms lazily at the same time as looking around for Youngjae. But there weren’t signs of him. Did I dream it all? Daehyun thought, puzzled, and then he saw two glasses and two plates on the coffee table and he started to remember that they ordered Japanese food and they ate while watching a horror movie. Youngjae didn’t finish watching the movie though; he fell asleep as soon as he finished dinner and Daehyun kept watching the movie, but ended up watching Youngjae sleep. The younger looked so cozy and warm like a blanket that Daehyun laid next to him and fell asleep as well.

 

Chapter 12: Shady Lady.

Feeling better than ever, Daehyun cooked a meal for Youngjae as thanks for taking care of him (even though in reality, Youngjae went to the apartment, expecting to take care of Dasom). Daehyun breathed a deep sigh; he didn’t know how to deliver the lunch boxes. He wanted to show up in Youngjae’s office as Daehyun, but sure Youngjae wanted to see Dasom and, not Daehyun. So Daehyun put the wig on and walked into the office.

    Youngjae was nowhere to be seen.

    Daehyun went over to the desk and left the lunch boxes, at that very moment; Youngjae came out of the bathroom and startled seeing Dasom, standing with her back to him.

    “Hell, Jooe, I told you not to let people in!!!” Youngjae’s shout nearly gave Dasom a heart attack.

    She turned around to face him, she expected to see a mad Youngjae, but she didn’t expect to see a mad Youngjae, wearing only a towel around his waist!!!

    Youngjae had taken a shower and now he was standing before her with drops of water running through his body. Dasom, with open, ran her eyes over him, Youngjae wasn’t excessively muscular, he was thin and got broad shoulders, there weren’t six packs, but he could tell he worked out.  

    “Hell you looking at?!!!” Youngjae yelled, snapping her out of her thoughts “You’re a ert!!!” Youngjae covered his chest with both hands “What sort of woman are you?!!! Normal women shut their eyes, embarrassed, when they see half- men!!!”

    “Why? It's not my first time seeing a guy wearing only a towel” Dasom shrugged “I’ve even seen men many times”

    “What did you say?” Youngjae muttered in shock.

    “Don’t think bad of me, you ert!!!” Dasom said “I’ve seen many men in bath houses… I mean… I’ve seen many women… because I’m a woman… but… all the bodies are the same… So, seeing you don’t phase me…”

    “Not going to argue with you” Youngjae said “Just throw me my clothes”

    Dasom saw Youngjae’s clothes on the desk; she took the clothes and threw them at Youngjae. Every piece of clothing flew all over the place; Youngjae didn’t catch a single one.

    “Why did you throw my clothes?!” Youngjae yelled.

    “You told me!!!”

    “That was an expression!!!” Youngjae barked as the towel wrapped around his waist dropped to the floor, leaving him completely .

    Dasom opened her eyes wider while Youngjae rushed to pick up his clothes off the floor.

 

Youngjae took his time in the bathroom, and by the time he left, he hoped that Dasom wasn’t longer in his office, however, to his surprise, She. Was. Still. There.

    Even if Youngjae was fully dressed, he couldn’t stop feeling before her. He faked a cough and said:

    “What’re you doing here?”

    “I brought you some lunch” Dasom pointed her finger at the lunch boxes on the table.

    Youngjae didn’t say anything and checked on the lunch boxes to find pork and rice with beans, fried glass noodles with kimchi, spicy chicken and omelette with mint leaves.  

    “You said you like meat, but I didn’t know what your favorite dish is specifically, so I made a little of everything”

    “I guess I can have a bite” Youngjae seemed stoic, but he was overwhelmed. It was the first time someone, besides his servants, cooked for him.

    “Well, enjoy; it took me a lot” Dasom said and headed to the door.

    “Aren't you going to join me?”

    “You want me to join you?”

    “I can't eat all this alone”

    Youngjae didn't wait for her answer; he went to the kitchen for plates and cutlery and they settled in the living room, each ate in silence. Youngjae got a deja vu and thought about Daehyun.

    “How is Daehyun doing?” Youngjae suddenly asked.

    In reply, Dasom choked on her food.

    “Are you okay?” Youngjae patted her on her back.

    “Yes… I’m just surprised that you remember him”

    “How can I forget him? We were just together a few hours ago”

    “Well… He’s fine… because of you… Nobody has taken care of him like you did since his parents died… I mean, since our parents died…”

    “I didn't know that”

    “It’s not something to brag about”

    You are not alone anymore, Youngjae thought telling her, but then Kim Himchan broke into the room, screaming:

    “Yoo Youngjae!!! Where the hell are you?!!!” the stylist didn’t find his friend at his desk, then he smelled food from the living room and he rushed over there, finding Youngjae and Dasom having lunch together “Am I interrupting something?” Himchan sat in the middle of them and snatched the fork from Youngjae and started eating.

    “Can I help you?” Youngjae wanted to slap Himchan against the wall.

    “There’s a photo shoot happening right now and Hyoseong is sick” Himchan said, chewing with his mouth open.

    “We have more photographers, you know”

    “They’re busy”

    “What about her assistant? What’s his name again?

    “Jongup!!!” Dasom said so quickly and eagerly that annoyed Youngjae.

    “Yeah, that Jongup” Youngjae said, jealous.

    “Well, the models’ manager said they won’t work with an assistant, they want a pro”

    “Well, Daehyun can do it” Youngjae said out of nowhere.

    “Daehyun?” Himchan looked at Dasom in confusion, since when Youngjae knew Daehyun?

    “Oh my Gosh, you told Youngjae your secret?!” Himchan almost spat out the food.

    “What secret?” Youngjae frowned.

    “Yes, Himchan, what secret?” Dasom said through her teeth.

    “What’s going on?” Himchan asked, scared, Dasom looked like she wanted to punch him in the face.

    “Nothing” Dasom giggled apprehensively “Youngjae came by my place last night and met Daehyun, my twin brother”

    “Oh yeah, your twin brother” Himchan said, still in confusion “Yeah, Dasom has a twin brother and it’s Daehyun”

    “That’s supposed to be a secret?” Youngjae said.

    “What secret?” Himchan said “I don’t know what you’re talking about, rather than talking nonsense, you should worry about the photo shoot”

    “I already said to call Daehyun; he’s a photographer, isn’t he?” Youngjae looked at Dasom.

    “Yes, but…”

    “He said taking pics is his job and I’m giving him a job” Youngjae said “Unless it’s a hobby after all”

    “It’s not a hobby!!!” Dasom cried out, angry “Hell, Daehyun will take the damn job” Dasom got up from her seat and stormed out.

    “Wow, dude, you made her mad” Himchan said.

    “I didn’t” Youngjae said “She’s in her days”

    “I don’t think…”

    “Himchan, bring your here!!!” Dasom yelled from outside.

    “You heard the lady” Himchan raised up off the couch “See you later” he said goodbye to Youngjae and went to meet Dasom.