Pre-live show preparation!

Complementary Opposites

 

“Do you eat dairy products on a daily basis?” Daniel randomly asked as he lounges on the sofa in Minhyun and Seongwoo’s dorm room. “Well that’s random, you mean like milk and cheese?” Seongwoo replies while Niel who was currently resting on his lap wherein he was seated on the sofa beside Daniel. “Yep,” The brunette replied with a pop to the ‘p’. The bespectacled male hummed in thought, “I sometimes eat yogurt with my breakfast.”

 

“How about fresh fruits?” Seongwoo nods, “Yeah, Minhyun sometimes stocks up the fridge with fruits too.” Daniel hums and continues to scroll through his phone. “Do you have a sweet tooth?” Seongwoo only raised his eyebrow at the question, “I believe that’s more of an accurate description for you, don’t you think?”

 

“... True.” Daniel quietly admits, “But we have long established that so are you one or not?” Seongwoo ceased his on the white feline and looked over his shoulder at Daniel “What’s all these random questions for anyway?” Daniel only waves him off, “I’ll tell you later but for now just answer my questions.” Seongwoo only shrugs as he resumes to Niel’s soft head, “I guess I can be a sweet tooth at times but there are times when I don’t feel like eating sweets unlike you who seeks for gummy candy 24/7”

 

“Shhh” Daniel shushes with a finger on his lips, “One does not question my preferences, and gummy candy is great. You just don’t happen to love it as much as I do.” Seongwoo only rolls his eyes. “How about caffeine? Like coffee and stuff?” Daniel went back to asking, eyes still focused on the screen of his phone. “Only during exams or when I probably have some problems I need to solve for Accounting… and some BIR forms for finance… and papers for Bus―”

 

“Okay okay, I get it. You only need it when you have some work to do. Though, it’s still the start of the semester so you’re probably not going to look for that anytime soon.” Daniel finished, “How about chocolate? Is it something you’d eat often?” Seongwoo contemplated for a moment all the while tapping his ring on the table, “Wow, you really do think with that ring.” Daniel comments at the side but Seongwoo just ignores him, probably just Daniel talking to himself again.

 

“Depends I guess, like I would probably eat it more as a flavor instead of the chocolate bars. Though there are times when I crave for the chocolate itself.” The food interrogation went on for the next five minutes with Seongwoo answering whatever question Daniel threw and planned to ask him about it later on. After a few more questions regarding drinks and fried food, Daniel finally sat up from his place on the couch.

 

“Alright! So, I made up a list”

 

“Oh whoopee, a list”

 

“Hush, this is for you so listen up!” Daniel exclaimed as he slides down on the floor next to Seongwoo to show the said list. “This here are lists of food that you need to avoid for the next two days!” Seongwoo raised an eyebrow as his eyes scanned the list of food Daniel was asking about earlier. “I have to avoid this because..?”

 

“It’s bad for your vocal chords and you’re going to need those to be in tiptop shape during the live show. So starting today, I’ll be watching your food intake!” Daniel said with hands on his hips as if it portrays how serious he is about it. “And how are you going to do that?” Seongwoo asked with a hint of challenge in his voice but Daniel smirked, “I already asked Minhyun about it and he’s onboard with me so I’ll be staying here and sleep on the couch until the live show”

 

“Wait, what?”

 

“Yep, you heard me. I’ll be staying here for the next two days starting today so that’s two sleepovers”

 

“I get the two nights thing but, what?”

 

“I was supposed to leave the task to Minhyun since he’s already naggy by nature anyway but he said you can be stubborn and childish around him sometimes. Soooo… I’m inserting myself in here and Minhyun said he doesn’t mind anyway as long as I don’t make a mess.” Seongwoo scoffed, “You’re literally one of the messiest people I know.” Daniel again waves him off, “I’ll find a way to fix that or something but I’ll be watching what you eat so don’t be stubborn and you can sing with no problem. I swear you’ll thank me later.” Daniel already told Jisung about the plan before he brought his stuff over to Seongwoo’s anyway and Jisung, being the mother figure outside his house, immediately shooed him away saying that Seongwoo might be waiting too long.

 

~ .oOo. ~

 

“Time for lunch so get yourself out if your room! It’s time to eat!” Daniel exclaims as he suddenly barges into Seongwoo’s room and making him lose his 200 combo because of a mini heart attack “.” He muttered under his breath, “Also no cursing, that’s new. I never heard you curse before.” Daniel called from the door and Seongwoo could only groan. “You made me lose my combo! I was about to beat a personal record” He whined as he made his way to the kitchen

 

“Well with the time you invest in that game, I’m sure you can beat it again in no time.” Daniel shakes off and Seongwoo dramatically sighs claiming how he’ll never understand. By the time Seongwoo reaches the kitchen, only then does he see the food on the table. Basically, the usual things they would eat without Minhyun around like ramyun. The only difference was the choices of drinks wherein there was a can of coke and a pitcher of what Seongwoo assumed was lukewarm water.

 

Seongwoo paid no mind to it and was about to reach for the can of coke when Daniel suddenly swatted his hand away. “Hey!” Daniel only wagged his finger at him. “We’re starting this slow so I am going to restrict your drinks first. Which is why…” Daniel pauses as he reaches for the coke can to place it away from Seongwoo’s reach. “Coke is the first thing you’ll have to let go. It’s full of sugar and we wouldn’t want you having too much of that. So you’ll have to stick with lukewarm water for a few days to make sure nothing bad happens”

 

“... You serious?” Seongwoo says after a full minute of silence and yet Daniel remains enthusiastic. “A hundred percent! So this―” Daniel emphasizes by pushing the glass of water in his direction, “―Is going to be your friend to avoid dehydration in the next few days.” Good thing I wasn’t too fond of coke in the first place , Seongwoo thought to himself as he waves Daniel off with a nod.

 

“Oh, while we’re on the topic of sugar, I might as well remind you. That also means letting go of chocolate but you said that you’re not much into the actual thing so I guess we won’t have a problem with that” Suddenly, Seongwoo felt like it’s going to be a long two days.

 

~ .oOo. ~

 

Apparently, Daniel was dead serious about monitoring his food for the next days. The fridge that used to have milk on the shelves was replaced by a variety of fruits while the cheese was replaced by a jar of peanut butter and honey. Seongwoo was familiar with the other Don’ts before a show but Daniel has really done his research since he was clueless about the other food options.

 

“Daniel?” Seongwoo called out, “Yeah?” Daniel replies from the living room, “What can I eat for snacks?” He decided to ask, he might as well not waste Daniel’s efforts. “Fruits or nuts, preferably the less salty ones. Though you can go with mangoes. It’s a fruit so it has a lot of fibers and vitamins, particularly vitamin A which is good for you too.”

 

Yep, lots of research alright.

 

Seongwoo finds it cute when Daniel pampers him like this though. The small male chuckled at his boyfriend and settled with the mango just as he advised (Seongwoo really needs to stop blushing when he refers to Daniel as his boyfriend). He ended up humming to the last song he heard while getting a knife and a plate to put the mangoes in.

 

“Here, let me cut that for you. ” Seongwoo flinched in surprise at the voice that suddenly came from behind him, when did Daniel enter the kitchen? “Ah... T-Thanks…” The brunette smiled as he takes the knife from Seongwoo’s hand. The much smaller male stood by the side watching Daniel when he finally thought of letting curiosity taking over.

 

“Why all the research?” Seongwoo asked and Daniel only raises his eyebrow, “You mean why go through all the trouble of researching a singer’s diet?” Seongwoo nodded and Daniel smiles at him, “I’m helping you achieve your dream so I decided to be your self-proclaimed pillar of support. Probably like a temporary manager of some sort.”

 

You’re already my pillar of support.

 

Seongwoo thinks to himself and smiles. What did I ever do in my past life to deserve someone like you? The smaller male tiptoed and pecked the brunette’s cheek before backing away, blush evident on his features. “T-Thanks. Again. You know… f-for everything.” Daniel was rendered speechless, Seongwoo rarely initiates anything and so he has every right to feel all giddy inside at the small gesture.

 

Stop looking so cute, I might end up cuddling you all day if you keep being this soft. Though he was currently fighting the urge to do so, but adorable Seongwoo makes it difficult.

 

“You know I’m always willing to help you out because I love you that much~” Daniel casually states that has Seongwoo feeling embarrassed until a piece of the mango was raised to his lips. “Here,” Daniel offers and Seongwoo shyly accepts it as Daniel feeds him, “You can wait by the couch, Niel might be feeling lonely” Seongwoo only nodded in reply before making his way to the couch after picking up Niel from the floor.

 

It didn’t take long before Daniel followed with a plate of mango cubes. Well, that's new. Mangoes cut into cubes. The brunette plops down beside him after setting down the mangoes on the coffee table. “You almost scared Niel away.” Seongwoo softly complains as he Niel’s fur to calm down the shocked kitten. “Sorry” Daniel muttered as he also the cat’s soft head.

 

A comfortable silence filled the air with only the variety show on screen being heard. Daniel had his head laid comfortably on Seongwoo’s shoulder albeit while slouching since Seongwoo still had a smaller stature. The bespectacled male kept the kitten on his lap and sometimes it makes Daniel jealous when the cat gets more attention (Call him childish but he just wants some love). Sometimes Daniel would even feed him mango cubes to get his attention (and it always worked anyway).

 

And so another comfortable afternoon passed by through lazing around and probably a few sneaked in kisses in between.

 

~ .oOo. ~

 

“Alright, so tell me about what we’re having for dinner since you’re the one who did all the research,” Seongwoo asks from his position where he was laying down on Daniel’s lap. Daniel hummed as he takes out his phone and goes through his notes all the while running his hands through Seongwoo’s hair. “We can go for either fish or chicken. It’s not advisable to eat anything too heavy for dinner though so I guess that means it's fish for us tonight.”

 

“Hm, not too bad. I thought I wouldn’t get to eat meat at all” Seongwoo comments with much sarcasm lacing his voice, “Diets don’t automatically mean going vegetarian you know. It’s just the mainstream thought but it’s really just about control.” The bespectacled male looks up from his position on his lap. “Are you going through a diet? I mean, since you’re a dancer and all I thought you might need to be light on your feet.”

 

Though the Busan boy proudly shakes his head, “Lucky for me, my metabolism is fast enough so I barely gain weight. If I do, I end up losing it when I practice late into the night anyway.” Seongwoo hums back in acknowledgment, “So,” Daniel started, “What shall we have for dinner?”

 

“Hm,” Seongwoo starts as he sits back up beside Daniel, “I’m not really in the mood to eat. Maybe some kimbap or squid would be fine.” Daniel nods in reply as he goes through his food delivery app to look for any options, “I’ll get you some Nakji Bokkeum then, is that okay or you’re not much of a spicy person?” Daniel inquired without looking at the other but he felt Seongwoo shrug beside him. “I’m fine with that.”

 

“Oh wait― You can’t eat spicy food so I’ll get you the kimbap instead. Is that okay?”

 

“Yep, I’m fine with anything”

 

“Alrighty then. Around 30 minutes they said.” Daniel said as he puts down his phone on the coffee table and lays down on Seongwoo’s lap who still blushes whenever Daniel does so. The couch was obviously not long enough to accommodate his long legs so he opted to keep them dangling at the side. “Aw, you should get used to this by now. If you don’t then I’ll just have to keep doing this to see you blush~” Daniel teased as he poked Seongwoo’s pink cheeks. It’s been awhile since Seongwoo last pushed up his glasses out of embarrassment.

 

“I-I’m just not used to the contact yet…” Though he eventually loosened up and unconsciously played with Daniel’s hair later on. “Can you sing for me? It’s been nearly a week since I last heard you.” Seongwoo chuckled at Daniel’s pouty lips, indeed this boy is a giant elementary kid. “Alright, I’ll just go with whatever comes to mind.”

 

The atmosphere was enveloped in a soft melody that brought relaxation to their senses. Seongwoo sang with ease and Daniel closed his eyes while he listened to him sing. Ah, it hasn’t been long yet it still feels like the first time I heard him. Daniel thought as he wraps his arm around Seongwoo’s waist, face buried in the other’s stomach that has him laughing.

 

“H-Hey that tickles” Seongwoo tried to push him away in between laughs while Daniel just tried to tickle him further. They were too much in their little own world to notice a certain fox-eyed male who just entered amidst all the laughter and fun.

 

“Geez, you two, at least tone down the flirting!” Minhyun playfully calls out that has Daniel sitting back up in surprise, both he and Seongwoo now flushed in embarrassment.Aish, these two children. Minhyun thought to himself as he removes his shoes. “I encountered the delivery guy at the entrance by the way so here’s the food you guys ordered” Daniel was the one who got up and took the food from Minhyun with a quick thanks before bringing it all to the kitchen.

 

“Did you eat already?” Seongwoo asked since he wasn’t sure how much Daniel ordered but thankfully Minhyun nodded. “I already ate with the other organizers before I came here so I’m good.”

 

The organizers.

 

Suddenly, Seongwoo was reminded of why Daniel has been doing this in the first place. The competition was only two days away. Yet, he didn’t feel too nervous. It’s only now, but I’m sure it’ll hit me when the event draws nearer. “Food is ready!” Daniel called out from the kitchen making Seongwoo stand up to follow. There on the table were a few side dishes, Seongwoo’s kimbap and a plate of Japchae which he assumed were Daniel’s.

 

The two ate in silence with the exception of minor chatting here and there before Minhyun joined them at the table now changed into more comfortable clothing. “Well that’s new, you usually settle for ramyeon at this hour since you’re either too lazy or you just don’t feel like eating.” Seongwoo merely gestures to Daniel across the table, “Daniel’s monitoring my food. He said he mentioned it to you earlier”

 

“Ah, that. I knew you wouldn’t comply if I was the one doing it so I suggested he stayed. You should do me a favor, I helped you spend more time with your boyfriend.” Seongwoo still can’t help but blush whenever that term was brought up. “Oh, right. Speaking of the competition, we have another concern here.” Minhyun said as he leaned forward, arms crossed on the table.

 

“You remember how the concept is similar to King of Masked Singer?” The other two nodded, “You know how it goes just by the name so what I’m trying to say here is you need an alias while you’re in front. And that’s going to be the art department’s basis for the design of your mask for the performances. So...” Minhyun finished as he alternates his gaze between Seongwoo and Daniel. “If you have a name in mind then tell me now so the art department can get started on your masks. The more time they have, the better” Seongwoo was at a loss but Daniel didn’t look the slightest bit affected.

 

“T-This is pretty sudden I haven’t―”

 

“Vega” Daniel suddenly interjected before Seongwoo could finish.

 

“What?” Minhyun and Seongwoo looked equally confused.

 

“Vega. You know, one of the brightest stars in the Summer Triangle” Daniel repeats as if it’s the most basic thing in the world. Seongwoo knew but he still seemed perplexed, “But… why?”

 

Daniel only offers him another one of his cheeky grins. “Because I think you’re going to be the star that shines the brightest on that day”

 

“...But Sirius is the brightest star.” Seongwoo mumbles and Daniel rolls his eyes with the most dramatic sigh and even throwing his arms in the air to add be even more dramatic. “I say something witty for once and I get shot down by intellectual Seongwoo” He whined, Seongwoo shrugs with a teasing grin on his face. “Hey, I’m just stating facts~”

 

Minhyun just finds the whole situation amusing.

 

“Well, let’s hear it. What got you thinking about Vega as the chosen alias?” Minhyun was also curious though it was highly likely Daniel thought of the summer triangle because of the moles on Seongwoo’s cheek. It’s an unforgettable trademark after all. “I just think we all seem like the summer triangle.” Daniel started while he leaned forward looking excited to explain everything.

 

“First off, because it’s a triangle and triangles are said to be the most stable figure. So in that triangle, you’ll be at the very top...” He motions to Seongwoo, “... And we’ll be the other points of that triangle to support you” The Busan boy finished with an endearing yet childish smile that has Seongwoo blushing at the statement. “Of course, I’ll be Altair. So I can be the second brightest next to you.” Daniel playfully adds.

 

“Then what does that make Deneb?” Minhyun inquired, “Deneb can be the whole gang like you, Jaehwan, and the others so that we’re all there to support him!” Daniel said as he leaned back looking satisfied with his answer. “Wait, why are you even separated from us? You’re part of the gang too.”

 

“Because I’m his boyfriend, that’s different,” Daniel says as if it’s the only answer they needed. Minhyun playfully rolls his eyes and Daniel childishly sticks his tongue out. “Alright, Alright. So, are you fine with Vega?” The older Busan male turns to his bespectacled friend. “Huh? Ah… Y-yeah. V-Vega is fine.”

 

“Alright,” Minhyun confirms with a nod. “Vega it is.”

 


 

So here's the next update! It's not much but I believe it's still something so I guess you could say it's a filler chapter with a purpose? Yep, I'll just put it that way haha~ 

Unfortunately, I did not finish the whole story before February came so I will stick to weekly updates, for now, lol sorry ^^' Or maybe I'll just really stick to the weekly updates hehehe since I also need some time to start the next AU. Also because me and ash (Kang Ashley) aren't completely done with some minor research for that AU soooo... yep. We need time XD 

So, until next time! 

Also if you haven't followed me on twitter, I go with the same name on twitter so I'll probably be the only one that pops up when you enter the username. 

Okay that's all for realz, bye~