The Notebook

Exception
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today the library isn’t as full as last week. Now that the semester is two weeks in, students are off with their friends doing things unrelated to school, especially since it’s a Saturday night. So why are you here?

On the first day of class, your biology professor assigned a semester-long group project, in which she predetermined the groups. After a girl selected herself as the leader, she planned for everyone to meet on a Saturday night…

You’ve been sitting at a table with your backpack still on contemplating making a run for it before anyone else showed up. Your eyes are focused on a smudged doodle of a stick figure on the desk when an adorable laugh startles you.

Two guys walk by, and you catch a glimpse of the shorter one’s gummy smile. As you watch them head towards the exit, you notice his bag is ped and a small notebook slips out.

“Hey!” You try to get their attention at a reasonable volume, but neither turn.

You jump up and grab the notebook, following them outside.

“Hey!” You repeat louder, yet they ignore you again.

How rude…

You would flag them down, but you’re too lazy and your group is probably almost here. The notebook in your hand is blue with pictures taped on the inside of the cover. The owner of the book is in most of the photos; the other guy is in a couple. The owner is actually really cute. Your favorite picture would have to be the one of him with a fluffy, brown dog. Hopefully you’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter