Lights, Laughters, Love

Will Tomorrow Come?

 

They kept themselves insconspicuous in the real world, keeping their masks on and going to less populated and public areas when they are out and about. Filming had been busy which gave them less opportunity to wander about, but gave every convenience of staying with each other after hours. In the drama, Jung Hwa and Mi Yeung's romance have been ongoing, and they are reaching the final episodes that will serve to wrap things up. Earlier on, while they lay in bed in each other's arms, they spoke of their future as well. 

"I don't want any announcement, not yet, Shikkie," she said, twining their fingers together. "I would rather keep things private; you know me."

"If we make a statement, there would be less fanfare if we get caught. As it is, I've noticed several paparazzi following me around. We're not exactly hiding on the set."

"But nobody has said anything outright and we had our past drama history to back us up that could imply it's all method acting on our part. Nobody really knew we were together then either."

"I suppose so. But I don't like hiding and pretending we're not together."

She smiled, giving him a kiss. "In that you haven't changed a bit."

"No, I'm still crazy head over heels in love with you," and he kissed her as if she needed further proof to see the truth in his words.

.

.

Hae In sat waiting for their cue when he walked in the set the following day. If Hae In noticed anything in his demeanor, he did not address it outright. It helped that Bo Young didn't have a scene with them yet. Hyung Sik is certainly more amicable, as if a certain weight had been lifted from his shoulders. And even though he was friendly and joking around before, there is a certain lightheartedness that exudes from him now. 

Their scene was loaded with boisterousness and laughter, as Hae In truly fit the role of a teasing friend, giving his lines the innuendos  called for, and effortlessly causing some NGs in the process. He had also whispered something to Hyung Sik causing the latter's ears to really reddened in response, which incorporated nicely in the shot.

Hae In had completed some of his flashback scenes the other day, easy enough scenes for him to do. It was mainly various shots of him posing to get screencaps of his character's past lovelife. He had joked around that all he did was look smolderingly at the camera, or constipated as he jokingly put it. He was also heard to say he was relieved not to have to be shirtless finally in a drama he's in, clapping Hyung Sik on the shoulder and laughing at the other's lot. "The perils of being the romantic lead," he said.

"Oh you'll have your share again, for sure," was Hyung Sik's ready quip.

In one of their standbys, he and Hyung Sik sat comfortably in one corner. Someone had brought a game system before for actors and staff to use as a way to pass the time. The two managed to finagle it and played an intense enough of a game to draw a few smiles from the staff around.

"Aw, c'mon," Hyung Sik hollered, "I clearly had a shot at that monster. Where's your bazooka, hyung? I need backup."

"Wait, I got it. I needed to upgrade a level." 

Their intense game continued on, much to the amusement of everyone around them.

.

When Bo Young finally joined them to do her scenes, Hyung Sik was still hanging about. Everyone is no longer unsurprised by this at this time. He walked over to help her don her jacket,  since some of her scenes with Hae In will take place outdoors but in a car. He managed to nab a ride with assistant Pd and watched as Bo Young and Hae In shoot the scene of Kwan Seok driving Mi Yeung home. The driving itself was simulated as their car was being towed and was attached to the vehicle Pd Lee was on; the main camera was hooked there and would be filming them from a front view standpoint. Two other cameras were also mounted on the sides to capture different views of the actors inside the car. Pd Lee wanted to get the scene within the vehicle itself as they go through this pivotal conversation with Hae In's character and planned to reshoot supplemental scenes should it be needed when they get back to the studio.

When they ended the shoot, they milled about looking at the playback. Hyung Sik, ever present, was there watching the scenes with them though quietly and trying not to be in their way. Bo Young sought him out however and held onto his arm. She was shivering from the cold which did not escape his notice and he moved to drape a blanket one of the staff had brought over. Hae In had a slight smile ghosting his lips, not missing their interactions. When Bo Young went to refresh her makeup, Hyung Sik and Hae In were left standing on the side, and they fell into an easy conversation.

"You two are looking cozy. Should I run intervention when all three of us are out?" Hae In said, referring to the general insider "distraction modus operandi" common to the second lead third wheeler. 

Hyung Sik ran hands over his hair and looked over where Bo Young sat surrounded by her makeup artists. "I couldn't fight it even when I tried, hyung."

Hae In draped an arm over his shoulder, "you're one lucky guy then, even this second time around."

Hyung Sik glanced at him questioningly.

"Oh everyone thought there was something going on already years ago, when you two first acted together. Glad things have worked out."

"Were we that obvious? Nobody had said anything then and no one is saying anything now."

"Ah, Shikkie, we all take care of our own. We're all in this business and who else would we protect but each other. Be happy my friend. And don't lose each other again." Hae In said, giving him a friendly clap on the back. "Any guy would be lucky to have Bo Young-ie."

"I know, hyung. I know it well."

.

.

Pd Lee and Ms. Kim threw a dinner party after Christmas for Hae In's completion of his role in the drama. The whole cast and crew were there to join them. The party was held in a popular restaurant in downtown. Good food, good drinks and good friends made the whole celebration memorable. They will be breaking shortly for the rest of the holiday and will resume in the new year. There's only a few scenes to tie up and then they will be busy with the presscon and promotions that come along. The cast started talking about reward vacation and the likes, as well as possible publicity stunts the actors can offer.

Bo Yeung arrived with Hyung Sik and none seem to bat an eye. Their managers arrived in separate cars and joined the rest of the crew eating and drinking. Hyung Sik was chatting with Hae In thanking him for joining their drama. They talked shop some more and expressed desires of maybe one day working together more extensively in a project. Pd Lee and Ms. Kim voiced their interest in such a project and talked speculatively about it. Bo Young came over to where the men were to offer her greetings and thanks to Hae In too. She came arm in arm with Cho Eun Ae, an unknown young actress casted for Yeon Hee, a bashful pretty girl who appeared wide-eyed at her first cast party. Bo Young took it upon herself and placed the girl under her wing for the evening, seeing the slight overwhelmed and awestruck look upon the girl's face. 

Pd Lee and Ms. Kim made a toast, and promised the crew another cast party once the drama fully wraps up and invited Hae In to show up for that as well. It was a great evening of camaraderie.

Later that evening, Bo Young and Hyung Sik arrived in his apartment. He has been camping out at her place most evenings, earning a teasing from some of his friends around the area. But some nights Bo Young spent over at his place. He didn't mind staying over at hers, at it made it more convenient for her in the morning. And somehow he felt less scandalous to be the one sneak off in the early hours of the morning. However tonight they are over in his apartment in preparation for a planned getaway trip the next day. 

He was already in bed busy with his phone when she came out of the shower. Her hair still somewhat damp when she climbed in bed. Hyung Sik set his phone down and turned to her immediately, drawn by her nearness, the fresh scent of hair, the little night shirt she's wearing.

"Come here. I've missed you all night."

"We spent the evening together," she laughed, "we even sat next to each other in the party." 

"That girl Eun Ae looked like she was tied to your hip. I didn't have a chance to get you alone even for a minute."

"Oh, that poor girl was just nervous. But she's very sweet. Besides you were busy with Hae In."

"I had to be; otherwise, I'd be sitting drooling on the corner just staring at you."

"Aww, were you feeling neglected?" she said, finally snuggling close into his arms. "I figured we have all night together."

"Hmm, you know all night may not even be enough," he murmured rubbing his face in the cool scent of her hair, until he is nuzzling her ears and neck.

"Omo, I forgot how needy you are. Good thing Hae In and I were never rumored together."

He lifted himself to face her fully, "Hyung and I had an understanding. He's well aware you're mine," he said dropping a kiss on her lips, "mine and mine alone." 

"I see. Come here and prove it," she replied saucily.

He didn't need to be asked twice; he rounded on her and availed himself to her generous offer.

.

They left early the next day, flying to Jeju island for their getaway trip. They reached their hotel midday and rested in the privacy of their rooms. Rested is quite a relative term, as Hyung Sik has always been voracious in any of his appetites. They had meals brought over, snuggled while they read books in the enclosed heated veranda. Hyung Sik was not in a hurry to roam around, since he had made arrangements for them later that evening to see a famous site in Seogwipo City.

"Where are we going, Hyung Sik-kie?" her hands clutched his arms tightly, her eyes covered by a silk blindfold as he guided them along a path. It has gotten dark already and the blindfold was really not necessary when nighttime has fallen. But romantic guy that he is, he wanted her to be fully surprised when they reach their destination. 

"Just hang on for a bit longer and follow my steps, ok? The path is very rocky; I don't want you to twist your ankle." 

"It's not like I don't know where we're going, Shikkie, so why do I need a blindfold?"

"Because I want you to be surprised when you see this." He guided her to stand still and took off her blindfold in a flourish. She was greeted by a spectacular sight. Cheonjiyeon Waterfalls were illuminated at night, bathing the whole falls in an ethereal like beauty. The name meant sky connected with land and it truly is. The lights glimmering off the water seem to reflect the sky and vice versa, creating a neverending visual of skies and land and water all seemlessly blending together.

Hyung Sik wanted to bring her here as a treat; they have not had a holiday together, except that short weekend at his parent's before Christmas. But even there he had to observe some decorum while they stayed in the house. So it was with great pleasure and anticipation he made this vacation for both of them. 

Because of the holidays, more lights were placed around the falls to illuminate the water and surrounding caves, giving the place an almost otherworldly appearance. Bo Young gasped at this festival of lights, at the way the water cascaded from the highest peak of the waterfalls as high as 98 feet before crashing down into the river bed. The roar of the waterfall was deafening, clamorous as it plunges down to the icy depths of the river before joining the waves flowing into the ocean. Drops of crystalline water caught in the lights sparkled in the white plumes of the waterfall's edge, giving further visuals of stars having set on land, mimicking the night skies above.

It was beautiful and so romantic. Hyung Sik hugged her from behind while they watched the interplay of water and lights and sounds. Even in this cold winter night, they felt warm; for they were warmed by each other's presence, nestled within each other's arms.

.

.