Chapter 7 (Part 1)

Wrong Number, Right Person.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm sorry for the late update, since I had quite a huge writer's block after chapter 6. Please do enjoy this update, though, and thanks for suscribing!!

 

Chapter 7 (Part 1)

When Donghae wakes up the next day, a text greets him:

 

"Wake up, my sweetheart! ^^

 

P.S: I tried to use cheesy nicknames like those people in love, hyung. Please don't laugh!"

 

Well, Donghae doesn't laugh, but he does blush. He knows that they have been official boyfriends since yesterday, but he still isn't used to these lovey-dovey behaviors with the younger boy yet, okay?!

 

"Good morning, darling! :">

 

P.S: Damn, these nicknames make me want to puke, Hyukjae."

 

Donghae texts back and goes to the shower, thinking of the next internship program all the while. It's going to occur in March 4th - a week later - and although only people above high school level can apply to it, he's going to make an exception this time so Hyukjae can also join. After all, he really wishes the younger boy can be an employee for him, since sneaky office has always been tempting - okay, get your mind out of the gutter, Lee Donghae, he slaps himself on the head.

 

He gets out of the bathroom and gets ready for work with a less formal outfit today - blue leather jacket, black T-shirt and black pants. Wearing suits all the time can get quite suffocating, after all. His phone beeps again and he hurriedly picks it up, his lips curve into an amused smile at the new text:

 

"Ugh, you're right Donghae-hyung. This is too cheesy for my liking. Can we just act like usual? It feels much more natural. x'D"

 

"Sure!! I actually prefer it when you call me 'hyung', after all."

 

"Oh, so how about me calling you 'sir' again?"

 

"Screw you. :'("

 

= = = = =

 

- Sir!! Sir!! Siiiir!! - Je Ah grabs Donghae's shoulder and shakes him violently with each scream of her, the moment he steps into the room.

 

- What the ?! Noona, what's wrong with you?! - Donghae widens his eyes and tries to shake himself off of her. She finally lets go of him and looks at him panickedly.

 

- Sir!! Your parents... they came here yesterday to ask... and... and you weren't here so they got angry and went to your house... Did something happen?! - Her words get broken due to the frantic speed and Donghae can only stares as her words slowly sinking into his head. He finally lets out a sigh and pats her shoulders.

 

- Well... something did happen, noona. A rather unpleasant thing, in fact. I got disowned.

 

- WHAT?! - Je Ah screams out loud at that. Donghae has to put his hand over and glares at her with a "shh!!"

 

- How could such a thing happened?! - She takes his hand out of . - I mean, I have always known that you and them are on bad term... but, how come they went to such extremes?!

 

- Actually, I kind of pushed them... - Donghae fists his hair and explains the details from last night to her. She gapes in awe at that.

 

- ... Oh. So... In short, they and you disowned mutually, and you became boyfriends with that Hyukjae boy? - Je Ah mutters and Donghae coughs with a slight pink on his cheeks.

 

- Yeah, noona. For that, I also want to ask you something. Our next internship program is due next week, yes? We always only allow people above high school level to join, but, how about making an exception for this time? Hyukjae wishes to be a future employee in this company, so I want him to get used to the job as soon as possible.

 

- Ah... - Je Ah nods lightly, her lips curve into a mischievous smirk. - My sneaky boss, you really want to be close with your boyfriend, don't you?

 

- Noona!! He asked to be, it wasn't my own will!! - Donghae screams in embarrassment and turns his head with a sulking pout. - I'm not talking to you anymore.

 

- Come on, sir, you know I'm joking. - She coos and ruffles his long orange hair. - Okay then, I will inform the employees about this, and the high school students as well as Hyukjae can join this program.

 

- Uhm. - Donghae puffs his cheeks, still mad at her teasing. Je Ah simply smiles again in amusement. My boss is still such a kid, she shakes her head fondly and returns to work.

 

What Je Ah doesn't know, though, is that Donghae's embarrassed because he really did want to be close with Hyukjae. He groans as the erted thoughts in the morning come back into his head.

 

* * * * *

 

- Really, hyung?! - Hyukjae exclaims in delight at the phone, making the parents who are preparing dinner look at him curiously.

 

"Yup, Hyukjae. My employees doesn't mind the idea of having high school students applying to the program, so you can join!!" Donghae replies fondly. "It's due next week, on March 4th to be specific, at 7 AM. Do you think you can make it?"

 

- Oh, that's my day off. Thanks for informing me, hyung! I will be there. But, will you text me the address of your company?

 

"Sure. I'm glad you can make it. Bye, kid!"

 

- Bye, hyung! - He cheerfully replies and sits down on the kitchen table with a wide grin.

 

- What now, Hyukjae? You won't even be this happy when it comes to having a large strawberry milk carton. - His father asks with a smirk, already thinks that this has something to do with the young CEO. His mother also has the same knowing expression.

 

- Well, dad, I'm about to apply to the internship program in Donghae-hyung's company next week. - Hyukjae scratches his head with a shy smile. - I want to be a future translator there, so some prior training is necessary.

 

- So you two will be working together in the future? - His mother suddenly looks at him seriously. - Are you sure you can shrug off other people' comments about how you are clinging to him for his wealth, just like his parents said?

 

- About that, mom... I discussed it with him last night. We won't be making our relationship obvious until I get a steady position in the company and make sure that I can be seen as a reliable person, one that can stand on his own. And we will make it public by then. - Hyukjae reassures his parents.

 

- Oh, my boy. How mature of you. - His father coos and ruffles his son's head. - Well, make sure you do a good job and make a good impression to the people there!

 

- I will, dad! - He grins back and they start having their dinner.

 

- Oh, by the way, Hyukjae... - His father suddenly tilts his head. - Have you ever thought about office ?

 

Hyukjae chokes on his food at that, and palms his face when he hears his mother smacking her husband, wondering why he always have to hear embarrassing stuffs.

 

But still, he has homework to do, and he stands up to go to his room, blatantly ignoring his father's whining and his mother's scolding at her husband's dirty words.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter