Chapter 6 (Part 2)

Wrong Number, Right Person.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae nervously looks at the newly arrived adults. From the way they look at both him and Donghae angrily, he just knows that he didn't make a very good first impression.

 

- Why we are here? - Donghae's father replies with a monotonous voice. - When we visited the company this afternoon, your secretary told us that you were sick so we came to see how you were doing. - He shifts his glare to Hyukjae. - But you seem to obviously being fine, just by the way you were about to kiss this boy.

 

- Donghae, do you even know what you are doing?! - His mother hisses. - That's a boy, for god's sake!! How can you love someone of your gender, you insolent child!!

 

Donghae glares at her. - Excuse me, mother. I can love people of any genders, and you are not in the position to lecture me about that.

 

- What?! - She widens her eyes before narrowing them again. - I don't believe we raised you to talk back to your parents. And definitely not to love something as disgusting as a homoual. - She glances at her husband, who nods at what she says.

 

- Are you kidding me?! - Donghae shouts. - Don't you dare insulting him like that!! And you didn't raise me anything! In fact, you seemed to be perfectly content with leaving me without supervision at only 16!!

 

- That's because we believed that you could grow up to be a well-behaved adult, just like us. But it seemed we put our trust in the wrong place. Doing something as shameful as this... - His father scoffs.

 

- I TOLD YOU NOT TO INSULT HIM LIKE THAT!! 

 

Donghae screams out loud, and has almost launched himself at his parents, if not for Hyukjae's hand holding his tightly and stopping him. He stares at the brunet who only shakes his head, mouthing "don't do that, hyung" which he can only sighs at frustratingly.

 

That action definitely doesn't escape Donghae's mother's eyes as she fumes in anger and slaps Hyukjae's hand away.

 

- And you!! - She points an accusing finger at Hyukjae. - How long have you been corrupting my son with your filthy thoughts?! How could you touch him with those dirty hands and made him believe that being a homoual is okay?!

 

- Mother, you... - Donghae hisses but can only helplessly watch since his father is standing in the way, preventing him to go help Hyukjae. Speaking of Hyukjae, he says nothing, only looks at the woman disapprovingly, obviously not liking what she just said at all.

 

- And what is this?! - She looks at the student ID card Hyukjae has been wearing around his neck since the morning to get a bus ticket discount. - You are a student?! Hah!! - She snorts sarcastically. - What an unbelievable thing, still studying and yet have already seduced my son with your dirty tricks. You must be so hungry for money that you cling on my son, don't you?

 

- Mother, I swear if you keep saying things like that, I will never forgive you!! - Donghae screeches furiously, repeatedly slamming his hand on the kitchen table. Hyukjae however still looks completely unaffected, but his narrowing eyes clearly tell that he doesn't appreciate whatever she just said.

 

- Get out. - She ends her speech with a scowl. - Having you here will just dirty this house even more.

 

Hyukjae glances at her, then at Donghae's father, and finally at Donghae's frantic expression. The brunet smiles at him reassuringly. "Don't worry, I will call you later" is all he says to the older before taking his bag and leave.

 

Donghae stares at Hyukjae's disappearing figure helplessly, then turns to his parents with a furious glare.

 

- What the hell have you just done?! - The orange-haired screams. - Who do you think you are to chase MY friend out of MY house like that?!

 

- We are just doing the right thing. - His father snorts. - Someone like him doesn't deserve to be here.

 

- Your father's right. We can't just let that brat corrupting you even more. What you need to do instead, is settling down on a girl, and have a heir to continue inheriting our company. Not having an unwelcomed gay here to bring shame to our family. - His mother continues.

 

Donghae stares at them, too shocked to even be angry. He can't believe his parents just casually said those bull with a straight face, and deciding on Donghae's life as if they have any rights on that. He's too shocked he can only chuckle in disbelief, shaking his head repeatedly as he does so.

 

- Oh, my dear parents, I think you are mistaking on something. It's not his presence that is unwelcomed here... - he finally looks at his parents emotionlessly. - ... but yours. Get out.

 

- What?! - His parents yell. - You are kicking US out?! You horrible child, how can you do that to YOUR parents?!

 

- I'm not having parents who act as if they can meddle in their son's life and treat my friends like trash. Get out. You are no longer welcomed here. - Donghae coldly points at the door.

 

His parents fume in anger, but finally step towards the door anyway.

 

- Well then, if that's how you want it, then we are not having a child like you anymore! You are disowned from now on, and the company can go bankrupt for all I care!! - His mother shouts at him and his father silently glares.

 

- Oh, dear Mother, the company will be even more successful just to piss you off!! - He laughs humorlessly and watches at they get out of the gate, out of his life, once and for all.

 

Donghae goes out to close the gate carefully and changes the password to make sure they will never be able to get in anymore - just in case - and then flops down on the couch in the living room. It's unbelievable that he has just been disowned by his own parents, yet he doesn't regret that one bit. They have already owned another company in China anyway, in a completely unrelated fashion from his own, so there's no way of crossing their paths in the future and no need to worry about suddenly being kicked out of his beloved East Sea Inc. Besides, he doesn't want to think of them as his parents anymore.

 

All the fury disappear, though, as he remembers Hyukjae, which makes him worried again. The kid must be very sad from all those ing nonsense accusations. How could his mother said that he's disgusting, seducing him and all that ..!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter