Chapter 3

Wrong Number, Right Person.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

"So how come you never like Maths? :O"

"Oh god, hyung. I can not understand the formulas, or numbers, or anything harder than the simplest elementary Maths. I hate it so much :'("

"Well, you came to the right person!! 8D I can help you a lot with that subject!! You can ask me whenever you want ^^"

Hyukjae smiles at Donghae's text, the soup in front of him momentarily forgotten. He has been trying to use any opportunity to chat - as for now, a lunch break - with Donghae or call the older ever since the day he and Donghae agreed to be friends, which was two weeks ago already. They talk about everything, just as promised - Hyukjae shares his school stories and Donghae shares his work stories. He never thought that he would get along so well with such an older person, but then again, Donghae and him are not that mature at heart.

"Donghae-hyung you're a savior!!! Then I will help you with English as well ^^"

He promtly ignores Sungmin's judging stare from across the table, typing back a reply for Donghae. His best friend has always tried to pair him up with the older despite his insistence that they are nothing more than friends.

- Nothing more than friends, my ... - Sungmin deadpans after watching Hyukjae for more than 10 minutes. - You are my friend, too, but did you ever grin that wide when you received my texts? No, you never did. But one text from this guy and you are as happy as a monkey drowning in bananas.

- What's with you and comparing me to monkeys? - Hyukjae chuckles at Sungmin's ridiculousness. - Besides, hyung, remember how I already told you that I'd never fall for someone whom I have never met face-to-face and am not close with? As much as I like Donghae-hyung, it's still only platonically, because after all we have only been talking in messages.

- Well, of course I remember that, but... - Sungmin sighs, looks at Hyukjae with serious eyes. - What I am trying to say is that, Hyukjae, you should probably ask to meet him in-real-life one day and get to know him more to see if he can be your boyfriend. He makes you happy and I can see that. So you should give him a chance.

- Oh... - Hyukjae widens his eyes, then nods in understanding. - I see your point, Sungmin-hyung. Well, I definitely won't mind getting to know him even more. It's just... - He scratches his head. - A CEO like him is probably very busy, so... I don't know if it's appropriate to ask him out.

- That is something I do not think you should worry about. You can just ask him about when he will be free, then he will adjust his schedule to have some time with you. - Sungmin encourages and nods in satisfaction when his friend smiles at him appreciatively. - By the way, I shall remind you that we only have 10 minutes left for the lunch break.

- Oh no. - Hyukjae grimaces and starts to devour his bowl of soup as quickly as possible with Sungmin's laughter and snarky remark "that's what you get for being so caught up in love" in his ears.

* * * * *

Donghae stares at his phone, reads the text over and over again to confirm that it's real.

And no matter how much he tries, the text still remains the same content:

"Donghae-hyung, is it possible for us to meet face-to-face one day? ^^ I really want to see you in person, to hear your voice not just through the phone."

Me too Hyukjae, he thinks while trying so hard not to squeal out loud in excitement. It has been two weeks since he knew the boy and he has gotten more and more comfortable with him, yet this message from Hyukjae is so unexpected it makes him want to scream. He is so excited that he keeps bouncing on his seat, earning a weird look from Je Ah.

- Sir... - She hesitantly starts. - Did you have too much sugar today? Because you look really high...

- Noona, I'm not high, I'm just so ing excited because ohmigawd Hyukjae wants to meet me and so do I!!!! - He finally lets out a loud squeal and flails his arms around like a kid. - In fact, I'm so excited I just want to get out of my office and go see him this instant!!!

- Oh no, you better believe that I'm not going to let you slack off from work just for a date with your boyfriend!! - She places a hand on her hips like a mother scolding her son.

- Noona, you're no fun. - Donghae pouts. - And this is not a date! We will just normally hang out, like normal friends would do!!

- Is that so? Well, dating or not, you should still know that you still have one more meeting left this afternoon, and four more house designs that need your approval so they can be built in the next week!!

- Aaahhh!!! - He whines, almost tear up. - Noonaaaa!! Why do you have to remind me of all that?! Then when will I meet Hyukjaeee??!! - Donghae lets out a sob and cups his hands on his face like a crying child. Sometimes Je Ah wonders how her boss can be a professional, powerful CEO one moment and a total crybaby man-child the next. Is he even mentally 28?

- Sir, come on. - Je Ah sighs and pats his shoulder. - If you can finish all that in this week, I'm sure you will have a lot of free time later to spend for that Hyukjae boy.

- Really noona?! - Donghae i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter