Chapter 4

Wrong Number, Right Person.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

Hyukjae sits down across from Donghae, feeling dead worried for the older man. The orange-haired's eyes are all teary and red, and he has been staring at Hyukjae unblinkingly ever since the younger appeared in front of him. Absently telling the barista to get him a Strawberry Frappuccino, he lightly places his hand on Donghae's shoulder and shakes it.

- Hyung... - Hyukjae says softly. - Please say something.

Donghae blinks his eyes at that, and more tears stream down his face. The older sobs again and Hyukjae panics, hurriedly hugs Donghae, presses his head on his chest in an attempt to calm him down.

- Hyukjae... Hyukjae... - Donghae keeps on sobbing that, his tears soaking Hyukjae's shirt. Hyukjae doesn't know why but each cry of Donghae feels like a stab into his heart.

- Hyung, it's okay. I'm here. It's okay. - The younger hugs him tighter and pats his shoulder comfortingly. He keeps on whispering soothing words to Donghae and only when Donghae stops sobbing does he let him go. But he still holds on the older's shoulders and looks at him with a soft, reassuring smile:

- Do you feel better now?

Donghae sniffles a bit, his eyes still watery but he is no longer crying and he nods softly.

- Oh, thank God. - Hyukjae sighs in relief, takes out a handkerchief and wipes the tears on Donghae's face. Donghae blushes madly at that.

- Hyukjae, I-I can do that myse -

- No, hyung. - Hyukjae shakes his head lightly. - Let me help you. - He then continues to gently wipe the older's face despite Donghae's embarrassment.

- Hyukjae, come on. - Donghae nudges his hand. - People are looking.

Hyukjae turns his head back in surprise and indeed, the people in the café are all staring at them the way they would when watching a K-drama. He blushes a little, turns to Donghae with a sheepish smile and the older smiles back shyly.

- Hyukjae... - Donghae clears his throat to take back his voice. - Thank you for comforting me.

- Don't mention it, hyung. But who made you cry so hard? Can you tell me? - Hyukjae widens his eyes in realization. - Was it... your ex?

Donghae scoffs at the mention of her and looks up at Hyukjae with fury. 

- I never told that that I was a CEO, so she dumped my thinking I was poor. Yet, just a moment ago, I met her when she came with her ing boss to propose a cooperation with our company. And can you believe that the moment she found out that I'm actually rich, she asked to come back to me?! Just like that?!

The sight of Donghae's angry yet frustrated face somehow builds up the anger in Hyukjae as well. He grits his teeth, unable to understand how there could be such a shameless woman who hurted Donghae-hyung so many times? He suddenly feels glad that he never knows her face, because if he ever sees her, he doesn't know just what he will do to that woman.

- Am I... - Hyukjae gets surprised at how the older lowers his head. - Am I just... someone whom people only love for my money, Hyukjae? Don't I deserve someone who would... love me for just who I am? - Donghae's voice becomes sad and his lips tremble.

- Hyung, you reminded me of a sailor.

- Huh?! - Donghae frowns at Hyukjae's very irrelevant comment. - What do you mean?

- You know, that time when you accidentally called me? I was shocked that you shouted so many profanities at me. You cursed even better than sailors themselves, hyung!! - Hyukjae cheerfully said, enjoying Donghae's flustered reaction.

- Th... That was just because I was too angry!!! Aishh, why do you even remember that?! - The older cups his face in embarrassment and Hyukjae just chuckles, patting his back.

- But... after we became friends, I realized there is much more than that about you, hyung. You are cheerful, funny, a bit childish and we just got along so well. - Hyukjae gently continues while Donghae stares at him in surprise. - I can talk to you about just anything, and I enjoy every minutes with you. I like you as yourself, hyung.

- Hyukjae...

- Donghae-hyung, I'm not sure if I would ever be your lover, but I can assure you that I like you for your personality, not for your money. It doesn't even matter to me, in fact. So if you have a hard time finding true love, I will always be here to comfort and cheer you up as a loyal friend. - Hyukjae says with a sincere smile.

Donghae looks at Hyukjae and feels like crying again. He's so touched by this boy he doesn't even know how to describe it. He slowly reaches for Hyukjae's hand to squeeze it appreciately, and Hyukjae squeezes him back, their eyes glued on each other.

- Excuse me? - A voice suddenly says, startles them. - Sirs, here are your orders... An Americano and a Strawberry Frappuccino, is that right?

- Uh... Oh, yes. That's our orders. - Donghae replies and takes his drink as well as Hyukjae's from the waiter. Looking at what Hyukjae ordered, he snorts in amusement. - Strawberry?

- Well, excuse me sir, but strawberries are delicious!! - The younger crosses his hands indignantly.

- Oh no, you did not just call me sir!! - The older angrily points an accusing finger at him. They glare at each other challengingly before finally burst out laughing at their own silliness. The two start to sip on their drinks and simply stare at the other in a comfortable silence.

Hyukjae looks at Donghae attentively and silently admires the older's face. He really is good-looking with his big, watery eyes, thin pink lips and overall perfect features. His hair is also notable, Hyukjae never thought a ridiculous hair color like orange can look so good on Donghae - it also helps that he has his hair long and flowy, making him looks like a total pretty boy.

Donghae also can't help but admire Hyukjae's features. Hyukjae isn't overly handsome, but there is just something so special about his single-lidded yet big eyes, plump lips and especially the very sharp jawline - he bets that thing can cut through paper. All these features combined helps creating a very attractive face, and his tousled brown hair only helps.

They just keep staring at each other fondly for a long while. Somewhere in the café, someone whispers: "Are they done with their eye-?" which gets a small whisper back: "I actually prefer them with the eye-, because their flirting ."

Donghae breaks the silence by letting out a chuckle.

- What's funny, hyung? - Hyukjae looks at him in surprise.

- It's just... I never imagine our meeting to be like this, Hyukjae. I always thought that we would have agreed to meet already beforehand, and I would show up in front of you all cool and composed... yet instead, I just had to cry in front of you li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter