Chapter 15: The Case

In Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 15: The Case

 

“Back?”

 

“Yeah,” Yebin said, sighing as she sat down on Nayoung’s bed.

 

“How was it?”

 

“I loved it,” she said breathlessly

 

“I love her,” she continued as if she was talking to herself.

 

“What did you do?” Nayoung asked, not looking up from her laptop.

 

“I kissed her,” she said.

 

“Oh wow.”

 

“You’re not surprised?”

 

“Honestly no,” deadpanned Nayoung, “but I’m happy for you. Where?”

 

“The water contorting pool.”

 

“You took her to a building on the grounds that were filled with contorters,” she asked incredulously.

 

“Uhh, yeah,” she replied hesitantly.

 

Nayoung turned around in her chair to face Yebin.

 

“Yebin-ah, I know you love her, and I’m not sure what your intention was but remember to stay professional,” she said softly.

 

“I had absolutely NO hidden intention, I just wanted to take her to a unique place where we would have fun.”

 

She said it confidently, but she was not sure she meant it. When Yebin was planning the date, that was all she wanted, a fun unique date but now, thinking back, she may have had an inner aim. She shook the thought out of her head.

 

“It’s been a few months now Yebin, when are you going to tell her?”

 

“Actually.” She got up from Nayoung’s bed. “Can we not talk about that?”

 

She didn’t wait for her to finish her question and teleported herself into her room.

 

Nayoung sighed. She felt guilty for ruining her good mood but she didn’t like how Yebin kept putting it off. In the perfect world, nothing would need to be done, Yebin and Minkyung can date and marry and possibly have children. However, she needed to pull Yebin out of her fantasy world an remind her that things had to change. She really hated to do so but it would be much worse if she doesn’t. Just based on her response showed that she didn’t want to deal with it, that she really didn’t want to face the consequences. She had read her mind while she was asking herself if she had any inner intentions and that fact that she didn’t know either was a bit worrying. With that thought, nothing would end well.

 

She stood up and laid on her back. She hasn’t been doing much in the past few months, they were no longer in school, she had devoted more time to the company. She has visited the place many times and sorted through both real and fake cases. She’s been to the recruits lessons and they looked like a very promising bunch. She has taught a special little group for wind contorters, which made sense, she was a talented a wind contorter herself.

 

She was left thinking when she was interrupted by a call.

 

“Nayoung, it’s me, Key. Something big is happening, I need you in my office right now. If you can bring Yebin as well.”

 

“Right.”

 

She turned off her phone and called for Yebin, telling her what just happened. She saw Yebin frown, and without even reading her mind she knew what she was thinking of. Key was an understanding man and wouldn’t call Nayoung when she was already in other cases and especially not Yebin when he fully knew what she was going through. The two teleported into the office, completely ignoring the ‘no teleporting’ rule. It seemed pretty serious anyway.

 

“I’m sorry to call on you two all of a sudden, but I need you two to team up with Taeyeon and get on the case,” he said, ignoring how they teleported into the room.

 

“Actually, I’m not sure if Taeyeon should come considering her state but I’m yet to decide that.”

 

“What’s with Taeyeon?”

 

“I’ll get to that. First of all, here is the file.”

 

He handed over the file as he watched them open it. Not even within seconds of opening it, Yebin shut it again after seeing the picture.

 

“No, you can’t be serious,” she whispered to herself, in denial.

 

“I’m afraid so.”

 

“She’s back?”

 

“That’s what we think. It is not entirely confirmed but in case it is, we can’t risk it so we need to check. There have been other cases that also link up to their doings that we had to promote some recruits. “

 

“Their?”

 

“Open the file and turn to the 3rd page.”

 

The sound of papers rustling filled the room. A few seconds pass as they scan the page.

 

“You think they work together?”

 

“I know that they are working together.”

 

“But how do you know something is happening?”

 

“Taeyeon. You all know what happened with Tiffany and her right?”

 

He paused as they nodded.

 

“They’ve been doing the body swapping thing recently. This only happens when they are close together, or when one gains power. Either of the two is bad, but it is most likely the latter, which is worse. I doubt that she would wait this long to attack Taeyeon if she was close enough. The two fo you know that Jessica and Tiffany are now allies and we believe that they’ve been gaining more power. Whatever they have planned, will not be good.”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter