Chapter 13 : First Date

In Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 13: First Date

 

Yebin was worried is an understatement. To think she had finally got a date with someone who could possibly be the love of her life! Her closest wasn't really colourful, mainly consisting of shorts and shirts. After numerous outfit changes, she gives up and knocks on Nayoung’s door.

 

After a while, the two of them finally pick out an outfit. Yebin wore a cute white skirt with a red off-shoulder shirt with her hair in a high ponytail. They picked a nice light blue high heeled converse shoes as Nayoung said ‘if you’re gonna kiss Minkyung you need at least an extra few centimetres’, earning a whack just a few seconds after it left from an undeniably short and blushing Yebin.

 

“I can't believe my baby sister is going out on a date !”

She threw her arms around Yebin, laughing as she tries to escape her grasp.

 

“But still Yebin-ah. Remember to show how important she is. We don't have a lot of time left.”

 

Yebin nodded her head in understanding. It was a bittersweet feeling, but she was gonna make sure that they were going to have the best of times together.

 

“I guess I’ll head out now.” She gives one more glance at Nayoung before teleporting off. She smiled at the grin Nayoung had on her face.

 

Meanwhile, Minkyung had everything prepared. She wore a pair of comfortable black shorts and a plain white t-shirt and a denim jacket. She had a pendant around her neck and put on a pair of simple earrings.

 

It was 10:52 so she had a bit more time. The house was empty per usual, her parents rarely having time for her.  She glanced at herself one more time before she moved herself to the living room. A few minutes later she heard a knock on her door. She appreciated that white Yebin had the abilities to teleport into her room, she had the audacity to respect her privacy. She greeted her with a big smile on her face and embraced her in a hug.

 

“I missed you,” she said softly.

 

“I missed you too,” Yebin replied.

 

They pulled apart before Yebin spoke up again.

 

“You look very nice, by the way.”

 

“I can say the same back. So, Yebin. What are we going to be doing today.”

 


“Well, I thought that since there was good weather, we could walk to the coffee shop. It’s not that far and I just thought it would be nice to go somewhere together.”

 

“Sounds good to me.”

 

She reached out her hand and Yebin happily accepted it. They walked to the store together, admiring the view. It was a warm sunny morning and the pair of them headed out. It felt right.

 

They got to the store. Yebin asked for a cappuccino while MInkyung had a cafe latte.

 

“Do you drink a lot of coffee? “ asked MInkyung.

 

“I guess I do. I like coffee. I was alive when it was first invented. It tasted really bad, but a lot has changed.”

 

“Was it a good change?”

 

Yebin knew she wasn’t asking about the coffee.

 

“Maybe. Things were pretty gruesome back then. I guess, yes, since Nayoung and I decided to live human.”

 

“Are you actually now human?”

 

“Well, no. It’s as close as we can get without losing our powers. Contorters are quite rare so they like to keep us to continue the bloodline. ‘’

 

“I see. “

 

She took a sip of her coffee, enjoying the rich warm taste. She looked back up to see Yebin staring at her.

 

“What are you doing?” she asked softly.

 

“Just thinking about how cute you look and how lucky I am.”

 

Minkyung beamed, her cheeks slightly pink.

 

“Do you know how long I’ve loved you for?”

She shook her head.

 

“I’ve loved you since I saw you on the first day. I loved the way you smiled, talk, your personality and you. You brought a lot of joy into my life. And let me tell you something. Once a contorter is attracted to someone, if it’s reciprocated, they tend to never fall for someone else again. “

 

Minkyung looked back at the girl. She was the same one who she took under her wing, the girl who stayed up to unearthly hours to look after her. The girl who had tried to protect her while suffering herself. She was the girl who wanted her enough to reveal who she truly was. She was special.

 

“Yebin-ah. I think, I think I love you too.”

 

They finished their coffee date in silence before leaving the store.

 

“Now,” Yebin started, “Do you want to do something fun?”

 

Her eyes were twinkling and she has a slight smirk on her face.

 

“Sure.”

 

“Alright. Close your eyes and don’t open them until I tell you too, for your own safety if anything.”

 

She did what Yebin asked her to and she felt her hands on hers. For a few seconds, she felt her body spark, like pins and needles.

 

“Not yet,” she heard Yebin say.

 

She waited a few more seconds and she felt a different sensation this time; like her blood was flowing faster through her body. She kept her eyes shut until she heard Yebin say that it was alright to open them again. She looked around, they were in a completely different place to where they were before.

 

“So how was teleporting?”

 

She turned her body around and she saw Yebin,, floating on water?

 

“Wha-what are you doing?”

 

“Not what I’m doing. What we’re doing. Look down.”

 

She did just that and was surprised to find herself doing the same thing.

 

“Take a step.”

 

She did just that, and she didn’t sink. She took a few more and nothing happened, it was as if she was walking on land.

 

“Now, move your right hand upwards like mine.”

 

She demonstrated the movement and Minkyung mimicked it. The water beneath her rose and she could control it. Wait. She could control it?!

 

“Ye-Yebin wha-what is happening, why can I control water.”

 

She stumbled a bit and lost control of the water as it dropped back down.

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Pure bloodlines can often have a additional power. Some have the power of flight, time control, animal manipulation and such. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter