Desperate

She Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7:21pm

Practice ended and it was concluded that Momo‘s place on the field was indeed outfield, just as I had said. Whenever the ball came flying in her direction, she was quick to run and jump at the ball, not afraid to fall hard to the ground as a consequence of jumping so recklessly. As the ball rested in the core of her glove, she would quickly get up. In fact, whenever she got up after falling, her movements were so smooth and structured as she stood—it was as though she were conducting a dance routine. Her throwing arm was weaker than the others in the outfield area, but she always threw precisely at the person she intended to, which was found to be quite helpful nevertheless. When it came to batting, Momo . Nothing more to say on that note.

Dahyun’s mind seemed to be back in the game this time around. She played with the same drive I saw in her when I first observed her practicing. Actually, I wanted to deny it, but it seemed as though she played with more drive than then. It was like she took my advice about playing baseball for a reason to heart. This only happened every since Momo came into her baseball life. With how close they seemed before practice, I concluded one thing—Momo became her reason.

When Momo first became close with Dahyun, I figured it was to make me jealous. I really didn’t understand why she wanted to make me jealous. But damn, Momo did a real good job at that. I couldn’t handle watching the way her hands touched Dahyun’s body. Or how her lips touched Dahyun’s skin. Oh man, I couldn’t hold in the rage that built up inside of me. I should’ve been the only one who could touch Dahyun like that. But at the same time, who gave me that right anyway? Because Dahyun surely hadn’t.

Then as practice proceeded, I began to wonder if Dahyun gave that permission to Momo. I watched how she played with a brighter fire in her eyes. All because Momo came into her life. And with the way Dahyun didn’t push Momo away each time she tried to get intimate, my suspicion was only solidified. I couldn't take it.

After practice, Jihyo and some of the players stayed to tidy up the field and help with bringing equipment to mine or Jihyo’s cars. Dahyun was among those players. Momo had left sooner because she claimed she was “too hungry to stay for much longer”, while Chaeyoung left sooner because Mina had insisted on dragging her to dinner. I didn’t do much to assist Jihyo or the players. Instead I went into the dugout and surveyed the area for any items that any of the players might have left behind. Surely enough, my eyes caught something shining underneath the bench. I reached down and picked it up, to find that it was a set of keys held together by a keychain ring. Okay, of all of the things you could have left behind, keys were probably the worst to lose. I held the keys up to my face in an attempt to decipher who it belonged to. When I saw the rusty keychain of a small tofu figurine, I found my answer. Dahyun.

I sighed to myself. Better to confront her sooner than later. At the thought of confronting her, my hands became hungry for her skin. I desperately wanted to hold her and kiss her the way Momo did. I wanted to feel her soft, yet muscle-clad arms under the tips of my fingers. I wanted to feel the moisture in her cheeks under my lips. I wanted Dahyun in all her entirety within my embrace.

I brushed these thoughts, knowing it was unhealthy for my mind. Really, was it so hard for me to walk up to Dahyun and express to her, in words, my feelings for her? Did I always have to shy my way around the direct path by trying to express my love by touching her? No, no, I’m not trying to confess to her just yet. This would be something like testing the water. If I touched her the way Momo did, and then I observed her reaction in comparison, then maybe I would get my answer without confessing at all. I would be able to tell if Dahyun chooses me or Momo.

I walked towards the nearest bike rack in an effort to intercept Dahyun. As I neared, I could make out her figure near a lone bike. She stood with her back against me.

“Where is it?” she quietly mumbled to herself as she scratched her head in confusion.

“Looking for these?” I asked as I raised the keys beside my head.

Dahyun turned and her eyes showed shock at my presence. Then, if even possible, her eyes widened again as she realized what I held between my fingers.

“M-My keys!” was all that she could say.

I raised an eyebrow at her—all while smirking of course. “I’m sure you want this,” I teased as I shook the keys in my hand.

“Y-Yeah,” Dahyun replied timidly.

“I’ll give them to you,” I said, “after.”

“After what?”

I took a step forward, “Let’s play a game. 20 questions? Like we did on our date?”

Dahyun took a step backwards to maintain the space between us. “Um. Okay,” she reluctantly replied.

“Great!” I said with a smile, “I’ll start. Are you close friends with Momo?”

“Yes,” Dahyun replied.

I took a step forward and Dahyun simultaneously took a step back. “Like, really close friends?”

“It’s my turn,” Dahyun replied.

I clicked my tongue, “Fine."

“What are you trying to accomplish here?”

“Nope!” I raised a finger in the air, “Only yes or no questions and this or that questions.”

“Fine. Then... Should I be concerned about this?” Dahyun asked, her hand finding the nape of her neck in anxiety.

I grinned a little. “No, as long as you answer correctly.”

Dahyun gulped audibly, and I was sure she took that for the threat it was.

I chuckled, “Okay, well do you think Momo is pretty?”

“What kind of questions are these?”

“Answer,” I commanded, taking another step forward.

“Yes then. Yes, I think she’s pretty,” Dahyun replied before taking another step back, “Uh... Did you steal my keys from my duffle bag?”

I lightly chuckled at the accusation. “I wouldn’t do that. I found it under the bench. It must’ve fallen from the pocket in your duffle bag. But anyway,” I took a step forward, “Going off my last question, are you interested in Momo?”

“Y-Yes,” she responded as she took a step back. I noticed that her back collided with the bike rack behind her. “But not romantically,” she frantically added.

“Hm.”

“Can you stop walking forward?” she asked, and my eyes didn’t fail to see the trickle of sweat that glistened as it ran down from her forehead to her cheek.

I laughed—almost evilly—before I responded, “No.”

Dahyun didn’t respond. She only stared at me in both fear and wonder.

“Okay, one more question and I’ll decide what I wanna do with you,” I took a step forward, trapping Dahyun’s body between mine and the bike rack behind her. “Me or Momo?” I asked.

“U-Uh...”

“You know what I want to hear, but don’t lie. I’ll know when you’re lying,” I said. I then tossed her keys to the side, and they fell to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter