Wishes

Wishes
Please log in to read the full chapter

The class of Taeyeon was tasked on performing the play of Shakespeare, "A Midsummer Night's Dream", as a requirement for their class in Drama. And of all the characters in the play, the director which was her friend had the nerve to give her the role of the fairy, a girly fairy. The problem is, Taeyeon is a shy girl who rarely wears skirts and dresses.

 

Since their class was pretty big, not everyone can be assigned with a role in the play and with that, others were assigned with the lights, music, stage design, costume, and make-up. The class obviously worked hard on making the play alive because their professor said that the play gives a huge effect on their grades.

 

On the day itself, Taeyeon was really nervous, fearing that she might forget every line that she is supposed to say. Another thing was that they need to put on make-up, Taeyeon rarely wears make-up and she surely doesn't wear make-up for her class. And since this was going to be the first time that they would see her with make-up, the class would make a big deal out of it.

 

Taeyeon sat still on the chair, staring at nothing while murmuring her lines. But she was pulled back in reality when they were trying to pull her for the make-up session. She looked at the person that was holding her hand, it was Seolhyun.

 

Taeyeon admits that Seolhyun was indeed attractive but Seolhyun was "sooo last year" for Taeyeon. Yes, she liked Seolhyun but that was when she was a freshman. She stopped liking her because there wasn't just enough "moments" as she would say, that happened to keep  her love or infatuation igniting.

 

There was this new girl that Taeyeon liked, this girl was a new classmate. And as usual, this girl was beautiful. Taeyeon doesn't really know if she is in love or infatuated by the rate of how easily she likes different people. She won't be a hypocrite, she admits that she falls for the physical appearance of women, which is actually the sad reality of life, but what can she do? But she didn't really notice this one beautiful girl until this girl gave Taeyeon a generic nickname which was Taetae. Taeyeon hated it when her friends called her that but this pretty girl sure made it a whole lot more tolerable.

 

The girl was named as Tiffany. Tiffany was with the make-up team but Tiffany wasn't in class. Taeyeon knows that Tiffany will soon show up but since Seolhyun was the girl who called her, Tiffany would be putting make-up on a different person, a person which wasn't her.

 

Taeyeon sat on a chair while Seolhyun was looking at her face.

 

"Can you tie your hair?" Seolhyun asked Taeyeon.

 

"Umm. I don't have a-anything..." Taeyeon mumbled.

 

"Oh, here you go." Seolhyun smiled at Taeyeon while handing her a black hair tie. Taeyeon tied her hair while Seolhyun was still looking at her face. Taeyeon can't deny that she felt butterflies in her stomach.

 

Seolhyun then took a container that had cream in it and applied it on Taeyeon's face. There was a bit of space between Taeyeon and Seolhyun but still, Taeyeon placed her eyes somewhere else.

 

After finishing with the cream, Seolhyun walked towards her team who had the supplies to look for a brush. As Seolhyun was away, Taeyeon looked at the people who just arrived.

 

Tiffany was finally here. And shy Taeyeon also arrived.

 

Taeyeon was sure that Tiffany would . They weren't really close but they do interact sometimes and their interaction mostly contains teasing. In one of their classes, Tiffany would be seated behind Taeyeon and Tiffany would sometimes tickle Taeyeon which results to a jerking Taeyeon. Taeyeon once got her revenge by hitting the chair that Tiffany was carrying with the chair that Taeyeon was carrying. And they kept on hitting each other's chair that they weren't able to contribute much with fixing their classroom.

 

Tiffany would also call Taeyeon "Taetae" in which Taeyeon would look at Tiffany. But Tiffany would only be smiling at Taeyeon and in return, Taeyeon would present her middle finger at Tiffany. But even with the middle finger, Tiffany would keep on calling Taeyeon by her nickname and their actions would repeat, but this was enough to make Taeyeon's heart flutter.

 

Taeyeon was thankful yet disappointed that Tiffany didn't notice her when she entered the classroom, thankful that Tiffany didn't noticedher face which had half make-up, thinking that she might be ugly, but disappointed that Tiffany wasn't thinking of her.

 

Seolhyun walked back towards Taeyeon while carrying a large rectangle container which was a set for eye shadows. While Seolhyun was thinking about the color that she was going to use for Taeyeon, Taeyeon kept on staring at Tiffany. And as she stared, Tiffany finally noticed Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany giggled and pointed at Taeyeon, Taeyeon shyly smiled and showed Tiffany her middle finger while mouthing a bad word. Tiffany kept on giggling to the point that Taeyeon had to hide her face because she was starting to get embarassed. But Tiffany kept on moving her head and Taeyeon couldn't properly hide her face with her hands.

 

Seolhyun was about to put eye shadow on Taeyeon and Taeyeon was forced to sit still, making her vulnerable to Tiffany's sight-seeing. Tiffany then had to do her job which was to put on make-up. 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter