Ch #21

Beauty with a Sword.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER # 21

The Proposal.

 

“Are you sure this is safe?” This was probably the eighth time she asked that question and Bora was beginning to wonder whether Sehun was starting to get irritated with her or not. It was highly likely because this was supposed to be a date (she still finds it hard to believe) and her questioning his decision, again and again, wasn’t exactly an idea of a perfect romantic outing.

   She knew that she was being annoying, but still, she can’t help herself. There had been attempts on Sehun’s lifetime and time again – not to mention that the person who was possibly behind them was still in their Kingdom. She just can’t rest at ease knowing that they haven’t brought any weapons or guards with them.

“Miss, I’m starting to think that you don’t want to be out here with me.” The King replied briskly before he turned around to face her with a brow raised in question. Bora wasn’t exactly happy with it because they were in the middle of a narrow, busy street and it looked pretty shady. The last thing they should be doing is stopping. She just wanted to reach the place they were going for already so they won’t be around so many people who can possibly be a threat to his life.

“We can go back if you want.” He proposed with a straight face when she didn’t provide him with a reply.

“That’s not what I mean!” She protested immediately (why would she want to go back without spending the rest of the day with him when they specifically came there for that and she has been looking forward to it so much. Really, sleep has been scarce last night because she was too nervous and giddy to sleep) which finally caused Sehun’s façade to break. The smug grin that bloomed across the male’s lips told her that he was just teasing her which only caused her to frown.

“You’re terrible.” She grumbled under her breath and pushed past his figure to walk forward. She still firmly stood her ground. Stopping in the middle of the busy street wasn’t safe.

“Oh- now I’m the terrible one.” He affirmed in a soliciting manner before hastily falling in step with her. Bora was tempted for half-a-second to scold him for being so reckless because his actions nearly flipped his cloak off, but she just ended up rolling her eyes when he threw her a somewhat sheepish grin after preventing the accidental reveal of his identity at the last moment.

“Yes, you’re. You can’t blame me for being worried. We are alone. You have left your horse and guards, a good fifteen-minute walk from the edge of the market. This is dangerous.”

“I do have my bodyguard with me though,” Sehun replied in a mock-musing manner.

“I thought I was here as a lady who you wanted to court.” Bora deadpanned even before she could realize what she was saying. The amused smirk that took over the male’s features was enough to make her realize the grave mistake she made; which didn’t exactly help her case if she was to take in account the flush of embarrassment that adorned her skin.

“I-I mean I don’t even have the weapon so-” Sehun cut her stuttered excuse short with a chuckle.

“I wasn’t talking about you. I’m pretty sure Chanyeol or Jongin are somewhere around here. There is no way they will miss this.” He explained with a teasing smile and lifted his head up to flit his gaze around.

“Not that I mind. I can lose them pretty easily if I want.” He continued with the nonchalant shrug of his shoulders.

“I do think we should hurry up though or else we will waste our whole day here.”

…………

 

“A Blacksmith?” Bora wasn’t so sure about the date part of their outing anymore. She was pretty sure that a romantic date didn’t include a trip down a shady street and then a visit to the Blacksmith even if she has zero experience in these kinds of things.

   The place was fairly illuminated due to the fire blazing n the kiln, but it also enhanced the shadows in the corner which served as a perfect spot for someone to hide and attack. She wasn’t exactly fond of it.

“A Blacksmith,” Sehun affirmed looking quite entertained with her reaction for some reason that was beyond her understanding.

“You brought me out on a date to a Blacksmith’s shop.” She tried to keep the incredulousness out of her tone but failed miserably.

“Unique, right?” The King inquired monotonously before stepping further inside the shop. Bora opened again to knock some sense into him, but another voice interrupted her even before she can utter a single word.

“We are closed.” A gruff voice elucidated in a rather unfriendly manner which made her jump in her place from the shock. Where did that person even come from? How on Earth did she miss someone of his stature? It was physically impossible to not see a person so tall. It unnerved her. Why the hell would Sehun bring them here out of all the places? If streets were shady this shop was even more so. Bora was positive that he was trying to get them killed intentionally.

   It seemed like Sehun was well-aware of what was going through her mind because he turned around to shoot her a mischievous smile before facing the front again and taking off his cloak.

“Missed me, Tao?”

“Sehun?” The gruff, scary voice sounded a lot more friendly and excited (?) now which in her opinion was much better. She still couldn’t see his face properly granted that he was standing among the darker corners of the room, but she could make out the shape of his body which wasn’t that different from Sehun’s.

   The guy who goes by the name of Tao and was apparently a person to be trusted (Sehun did reveal his concealed identity to him without a second of hesitation) finally stepped out of the shadows with an animated grin on his face which honestly made him look funny; totally clashing with the scary image of his that she has formed in her mind at the very first second of hearing his unwelcoming tone.

“It’s about time you visit me. Luhan has been acting snobby that you came over to his house during your last journey and didn’t even come to meet me for the past two months while living in the same town as me.” Bora wasn’t sure whether she was supposed to laugh or be awed when Tao practically whined like a baby in the end. How come someone so intimidating act so effortlessly childish?

“I did come to visit you last month, but you were not here.” Sehun pointed out before turning around to face her.

“You don’t plan on standing at the door the whole time, right?” He questioned with a raised brow and waved his hand in the general direction of kiln where Tao was standing now; looking fairly curious.

“Tao, here only looks scary.”

“Hey!” Tao protested immediately and took a step towards her.

“I’m not scary. Please, don’t listen to him.” He addressed her while looking at the King with a frown.

“He’s just jealous of my handsome face.” Bora really couldn’t help the airy laugh that suddenly took a master of her person even if she was aware that she could have offended both Sehun and Tao with it.

“Why are you so adamant on always claiming that I’m jealous of you?” Sehun inquired flippantly while his gaze remained fixed on her face shamelessly. The laughter slowly died down in , completely replaced by self-consciousness because – why was he looking at her like that?

“Because you’re.” Tao as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter