types of smiles

deaths and roofdecks

 


"I felt like I owed her for not ratting out my smoking habits, that's all."

Jin's glare intensified, "I will ing rat you out once you do that kind of again! What the is wrong with you?"

Yoongi sighs, trying to maintain his cool collected image. He's not afraid of Jin, honestly, but it would be a pain to transfer schools again. 

"Hyung you know how I feel about debts. If you're going to kill your sister then by all means do so but I don't like people dying before I pay them back."

Jimin steps forward this time, "You know how he is Jin hyung. He honestly paid you back that hundred thousand worth scarf you gave him right?"

Jin rubs his temples. He looks at Jungkook who only shrugs. Namjoon nods in agreement. 

"Fine, I get it. How did that even know you smoke anyways? I thought you do it at the roofdecks?" Jin inquired, still suspicious of everything. 

Yoongi answers briefly, "She was at the roofdeck. Didn't notice her and I already started to smoke. That's when I found her pendant, honestly."

"Alright, alright. It's you who made the whole ordeal possible by finding that pendant anyway," Jin finally relent, "Damn that thing annoys me whenever I see her with it."

"Anyways," Namjoon starts, "Were you actually gonna let her drown there? There were a number of witnesses."

Jin seems to be contemplating, his eyes angry. Yoongi could never understand his hatred for his sister. 

"I guess I got caught up in the moment. I just ing hate that ."

Silence. 

The way Jin just says it is so sincere none of them could ever grasp it. How could someone hate someone of their own blood so much? Specially if the person is too likeable to hate? 

Jungkook finally stands up, "If we're done here I'm gonna go and find Lisa. She's not exactly happy with me stopping them awhile ago."

 

 

Yoongi's annoyed so he's up at the roofdeck again the next morning, a box of cigarette clutched in his right hand, his left hand twirling a lighter. 

He sees Jisoo as soon as he enters. 

She's leaning against the railing in a way that its only her arms and her body's leaning away as if she's itching to get far from there but she's still seriously looking down the hundred feet fall to the ground and the sun's rising and she's blocking it again so her purple hair is a sight to behold. He wonders if she dyed it for an important reason. 
Still she seems tense despite the peace on her face. 

"Are you afraid of heights?" Yoongi finally says, breaking the silence and the girl almost stumbles before looking at him with wide eyes and she's holding her chest tightly. 

Jisoo didn't complain and instead had calmed herself down, though her hands were still shaking, before she pushed herself away from the railings. 

That smile that didn't reach her eyes appeared again. 

"It's not the height itself nor is it the fall."

Yoongi's about to ask what it is then but Jisoo interrupts him as she shows off her smile again but this time it's more genuine and he's just noticed it but when she smiles her lips turns into a heart. It's honestly so pretty to look at. 

"Thank you, by the way. For saving me yesterday," Jisoo breathes. 

She pushes a book to his chest and he frowns because he really doesn't like gifts. 

"I don't—"

"It's a study guide and I know you're frustrated in Philosophy class cause you're always giving Mr. Hyun Suk murderous glares," Jisoo starts before retracting her hands as soon as Yoongi accepts the book, "I know you're friends with my brother and he'd probably have a fit but I really want to give you this as a thank you. Please just accept it, I don't like feeling like I owe someone."

Huh. Yoongi can't argue with that. However, he did save her for her excellence in keeping shut right? This is just gonna be a vicious cycle of paying each other back but Yoongi suddenly lost the ability to throw the book back to the girl and say 'no thanks'. 

Jin was right. What the hell was wrong with him. 

"When are you going to stop coming here anyway?" He asked instead, trying to sound harsh. 

Jisoo just stares at him. As if the possibility never crossed her mind. 

There was a thick silence before Jisoo answered him. 

"When I'm dead I guess?" She answers seriously and Yoongi's kind of anxious at her answer for some reason. 

Jisoo continues, hand on her back as she looks around and stares at the clear sky, "I mean I promised to always come here but in the end, death ends that promise right? It's as Martin Heidegger says, death is the possibility that ends all possibility. Though we don't know what comes after that. Maybe my ghost would still keep coming back here, maybe we'll just vanish and this place will be gone someday too so really who knows, right?"

Yoongi stares at her, his mind whirring, utterly confused and mesmerized at the same time. There it was again. The confusing combination of passionate happiness and deep sorrowful sadness. 

What the hell is she? 

"I'm sorry, that was kind of irrelevant. Anyways, this place is kind of a sanctuary though I also always see you here since you transferred a year ago."

Yoongi sighs. So he's not the first one here. 

"But if you want to be alone, you can just tell me. I can skip a day or two," Jisoo offers, a kind smile now plastered on her face. 

She has different smiles, Yoongi noticed. 

Yoongi's usually uninterested and he usually doesn't care but in the span of a day and some, Jisoo doesn't seem to him like the kind of person anyone can hate although her choice of gifts is annoying and she sounds depressing at times. Or maybe it's just Yoongi and his inclination to everything mysterious and interesting. 

His curiosity was gonna be the death of him but in the meantime, he seriously wants to know why Kim Seokjin hates Kim Jisoo so much. 
 

"Why does Jin hate you anyway?" He asks immediately as soon as Jisoo moved to the doors, blunt and without warning. 

Jisoo freezes and her whole body stiffens visibly. It's like she lagged for a whole minute before she straightens up and turns back to him, an unreadable expression on her face that Yoongi wanted to pry her brain open even more. 

She purses her lips, "That's... a story for another day."

Jisoo continues walking away but as she turns the door knob she speaks again. 

"Though that day may never come." 

The door slams shut. Yoongi's curiosity shot up crazily. 

Jisoo had smiled an enigmatic smile. 

 

 

 

[a/n : i have upcoming finals but here's an update :D]