pendants. friendships.

deaths and roofdecks


"So do you have the pendant?" The voice on the other line asked and Yoongi frowns because it's clearly not Jisoo.

The voice laughed, "It's Jin, Yoongi."

"Why do you have Jisoo's number hyung? How'd you know I have the pendant?"

Jin sighs on the other line.

"I particularly don't like this fact but Jisoo is my sister after all and she left her phone this morning so I have it now. I can return the pendant for you? I'm sure her friends won't have any questions if it's from me."

Yoongi hesitates.

From what he's heard, Jin and Jisoo don't have a good relationship. Jin hyung does curse Jisoo every day for reasons Yoongi had no idea and didn't care about because he knew he'd always side with Jin so he's not sure why he's hesitating right now either.

Jisoo just seemed like the opposite of what Jin painted her out to be.

"Okay. See you at lunch."

Yoongi hangs up. It's not his business anyway. 

 


 

He felt his desk shake.

Yoongi groggily opens his eyes, ready to curse and insult whoever the stupid woke him up and bring them to tears.  Unfortunately, it's Jimin and that er takes his insults well and he's in a mood because his grin is very wide.

"There's an argument by the school pool!" He starts and when Yoongi moved to go back to sleep, Jimin slammed his hands on the table and grinned much wider, if that was possible that is, "It's Jisoo and Seokjin!"

Yoongi snaps into attention almost immediately, "What? How is it that they're by the pool anyway? I thought only athletes are allowed there?"

Does that girl enjoy breaking rules?

"Well, Jin hyung's an athlete. Maybe he called his sister there? Point is, we have got to see this!" Jimin grabs him by the shirt and if only he wasn't interested in seeing what this was about he'd have ripped off the boy's arm.

A crowd was formed at the entrance and they struggled to pass through. Inside, despite the number of people crowding, it was tensely quiet and the only voice that could be heard was Jin and his usual snark.

The older boy stood on a springboard, his left hand threatening to drop something at the pool, a condensing smirk on his face.

In front him, Jisoo stood angrily, the first time any of them sees her so. Her steely gaze was determined though her eyes were swollen. Probably from crying and it was then that Yoongi realized the thing that Jin was holding was Jisoo's pendant.

"Seokjin, come on. You're taking this too far." Namjoon, Jin's best friend, reasons although the guy was actually stopping Jisoo's friends from helping.

"Then ing let us pass! I will kill that best friend of yours!" Jennie screams at him.

Besides them, Jungkook scoffs as he restrains Lisa and Chaeyoung all by himself, "Yes and be expelled. Good idea . Leave your friend alone for all of us to prey on, that's fun I'm sure."

Yoongi grimaces.

That's the terrible part. The siblings do own the school. Or more specifically, their father does and unfortunately, Jin can ask to expel anyone if he has enough proof or reason to. It's also unfortunate that Mr. Kim closes his eyes when it comes to Jin's records of bullying.

And it's Jisoo so Jin would probably just chuck it up to sibling squabbles.

"Please stop this." Jisoo finally speaks out but Jin only seemed to find this as an accomplishment.

"Stop what? What's with this stupid pendant anyway? It looks weird, you should be thanking me. I'm doing you a favor once I throw this away."

Jisoo only remained silent. Her shoulders tense as she glares at her brother.

Yoongi suddenly feels guilty for giving it to Jin. The hidden necklace he wears burns at his chest, a gift from his grandmother who's passed away a long time ago. The pendant must be as important to Jisoo as his necklace were to him.

Jin loosens his palm a bit, the pendant threatening to fall.

"Let's have a deal little sister. I give this back to you, you give me your week's allowance. How about that?" He offers.

Jisoo immediately nodded, "Fine. Take even a month. Please just give it back."

He grins in satisfaction before opening his other palm towards Jisoo, "So then give it to me."

"What? I don't have it now, it's in the lockers!"

Jin still grins but now with a mocking sad look in his eyes, "Ah then I guess I'll just have to do—"

He drops the pendant.

"—this."

Jisoo immediately jumps into the pool.

Yoongi was not sure what the big deal was at first until Jin screamed that no one helps and Jisoo's not coming out of the water and bubbles started to surface and Lisa's screams of how 'she can't ing swim are they trying to kill her?' and suddenly Yoongi's jumping into the water.

Jin's going to ing be livid at him. 

 

He's carrying Jisoo, her hands clutched tightly at that pendant but still unmoving. And honestly not breathing.

Yoongi puts her down and before he can help and possibly perform CPR on her, because honestly despite the emergency he was tempted at the thought of kissing her, he was pushed away by Jennie and Chaeyoung's screaming at Jungkook and Lisa's pumping at Jisoo's chest and does the CPR herself and Jisoo's spitting water before passing out again and everything is honestly too fast for him.

Tch. They're not even thanking him.

Jimin slaps him on his back and Yoongi's brought back to the reality that he's completely disobeyed Jin's orders and Jimin's grinning at him, Namjoon seems thankful and relieved but Jungkook's giving him sympathetic looks and even without turning he could already feel Jin's murderous glare.

He had a whole of explaining to do. 

 

 


[a/n] : so this was already written when i posted the first chap and everyone's expecting the convo and i was like 'but there's no convo?' lol. also meet jin y'all. ;)