the scenery at the roofdeck

deaths and roofdecks


Yoongi hates Philosophy class, he decides.

Mr. Hyun Suk, despite the good feedbacks he'd heard of,  is a lousy and boring teacher. Furthermore, he sounded like a barely breathing chipmunk, wears a beret as if there was no roof over their heads and is honestly biased as . Or maybe Yoongi has biased views about him. Point is, that man gave him an F. him anyways.

Yoongi grimaced, the rusty door to the roof deck creaking as he slowly opened it. A 'restricted. for personnel only' in sloppy handwriting sign was plastered on and he wonders why they didn't bother to padlock it if it was really restricted. It's like inviting him to disobey the rules. What's probably more astonishing is how come, as far as he knows, he's the only one who does. Disobey the rules that is.

Besides, the scenery there is captivating. Not that he was captivated or anything. Yoongi was just there to smoke.

He lits a cigarette, arms leaning on the railings as he inhales the smoke, feels it corrupting his lungs with nicotine and he imagines them turning black. He almost coughed. Damn he could never get used to this.

"You must be thinking you look cool right?"

Yoongi almost choked, coughing out the cigarette in the process. He continuously slapped his chest for a few seconds before angrily whipping around and scanning the place for the culprit of his almost death.

"What the ing—" He started before his eyes landed on a girl with an amused smile painted on her lips.

The first thing he noticed was that her hair was purple and she looked like she came straight out of a Greek mythology book because she was standing exactly where she's blocking the sun and it makes her purple hair glow and her pale skin seemed even paler and her lips were perfectly shaped like a heart and despite his disbelief when it comes to mythology this girl looks like a goddess.

At least before he recognized her as that nerdy Mr. Hyun Suk is praising everyday—Kim Jisoo. Erase all those praises. Yoongi immediately hates her.

She steps forward, a smile still plastered on her face and she picks up the cigarette he dropped a while ago.

"It's like life, you know? Burns slowly. The fire eating up the paper just as how we are consumed by mundane things every day. In the end, we all become ashes."

Yoongi steps back. Uneasy.

She was still smiling yet her eyes are painful to look at, so much raw emotion as she looks at the burnt cigarette. Somehow the contrast between that happy smile and sad eyes is pulling him in.

"You're depressing as . I came to release stress, not gain one!" He hisses, slapping her hands as he grabbed and crumpled the cigarette, burning his palms in the process but he was itching to get away from the girl.

Jisoo stumbled back. She blinked. Somehow, Yoongi wanted to cover those eyes. They're unnerving.

"Your hands—"

"Don't act familiar with me. Why are you here anyway?  Aren't you supposed to be a teacher's pet?"

Jisoo flinched, her eyes now cast down, "It's not good to assume, Yoongi-sshi..."

Before he could bite back, or apologize because his rage is admittedly uncalled for, the smile was back to her face. Yoongi is honestly in a daze.

"Anyways! The class is about to start in a few minutes! I would advise you not to smoke but it's your choice in the end. See you in English Lit!" Jisoo beams, turning on her heels towards the doors before glancing back at him again, "Also, you can always come to me if you need help with Philosophy!"

Then the doors slammed shut. As in she actually slammed the doors shut. Yoongi could feel a headache crawling up at his skull. What the actual was that?

He wiped his forehead with his hand. He was ing sweating. What the hell is wrong with him?  That nerdy piece of definitely did not have him sweating.

His hands brushed against his turquoise hair. How irritating. Yoongi wants to dye it back to black for some reason. His mood was getting darker and he's contemplating hurting someone.

Inhale. Exhale.

It's their first conversation yet he already feels like they've been talking for so long. That Kim Jisoo surprisingly has a unique way of viewing things. Yoongi sighs.

He looks down and sees a pendant on the ground, shaped like a Rubik's cube and in a dull color of silver. One side of the cube, however, was faded copper, as if it was the original color.

Yoongi vaguely remembers being part of that black bracelet-like thing that's on that girl's wrist. It was important as far as he could recall.

With a sigh, he picked up the glinting object. That girl owes him one.

 


 

Jisoo was missing in their English Lit.

Yoongi stares at her empty chair for too long, his mind whirring. Too fast,  too fast. He just had his first conversation with her, now she's missing?

"So why are you suddenly interested in a chair?" A hand grips his shoulder before the owner of the voice plops down beside him with a grin, "—or is it the person sitting there that you're interested in?"

"You're late." Yoongi shortly quipped.

Jimin only shrugged, his blonde hair bouncing, "Not my fault I'm attractive. Got held up by the girls."

"Say that when Kim Jennie actually gives you the time of day," Yoongi scoffs.

Jimin scoffs back, an offended look on his face but before he could bite back, the door was kicked open. Hard.

"Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear~" Jimin grins excitedly.

Jennie's mood, however, is far from excited.

She scanned the whole class with a sharp glare, her eyes meeting each of theirs one by one and Yoongi despite his own strong reputation felt a shiver travel up his spine. Beside her Lalisa Manoban leans by the door, fists clenched and a scowl adorns on the usually hyper girl's face. Park Chaeyoung stands behind, busying herself with checking her fingernails though it was obvious that she was also tense.

Jennie walked inside and stands in front, arms crossed with an intimidating look.

"If I find out whoever the it was that stole Jisoo's bracelet pendant..." She starts with a growl before taking a deep breath,  as if attempting to calm down her anger, "... I will make your life a living hell."

By the door Chaeyoung sighs. She steps forward and gives the class a forced smile.

"What she means is that whoever found it, please do return it before dismissal."

Lisa nods, Jennie continues to glare before Chaeyoung forcibly drags her. Before they were completely out, Chaeyoung gives them another look and smile.

"Oh and your English professor is absent. Jisoo's supposed to take over but well... we have more important things to do so enjoy yourselves. Or maybe look for the pendant."

The door slams shut.

"They're honestly such good friends~" Jimin laughs.

"You're an idiot..." Yoongi groans in annoyance yet despite that, sweat trickled down his temples.

The pendant weighs heavily on his pockets, the coldness of the metal seeping past his clothes and he curses a million curses because damn that nerd girl does have some powerful violent friends.

Not that he hasn't but still, even he wouldn't cross Jennie.

Seriously though how did those four even became friends in the first place?

Jisoo's a teacher's pet. Nerd. Weirdo. And yeah she's pretty but that girl is confusing. That's probably the most accurate description anyone will say about Kim Jisoo.

Kim Jennie, on the other hand, is the resident queen bee. That girl looks like she can kill you and she possibly can. Not to mention she's filthy rich. And spoiled.

Then there's Park Chaeyoung. Probably the peacemaker next to Jisoo but she's honestly as vain as Jimin. Maybe it runs in the blood. They're cousins after all. Point is, Chaeyoung is kind of a player.

And of course Lalisa Manoban. Foreigner cutie. Hyper. Is on the same spectrum as Kim Jisoo. Kind of has anger management issues. Possibly knows muay thai.

There's definitely no similarities other than their rich asses and money doesn't make people be loyal. Yoongi, in all honesty, finds their friendship amazing.

Anyways, now it's making him uneasy. How was he supposed to explain properly that he found Jisoo's pendant by pure accident without Jennie and Lisa jumping at him first?  What if they ask questions how he'd found it?  And what happens if he doesn't disclose that information?  His smoking shenanigans are actually good blackmail material and Jennie and her gang almost never let those chances go by.

Unless it's Jisoo related.

But of course.

Yoongi kicks Jimin's desk to get his attention, disturbing the number of girls that are crowding him. Jimin sighs.

"Ah, best friend duties my ladies. Talk to you later, yeah?"

The crowd dissipated.

"Please tell me this is important slash interesting because I just lost a number of girls for your now spill."

Yoongi hesitates but then disguises it by clearing his throat, "You have every girl's number right?"

Jimin frowns.

"Why of course! What an atrocious question! Do you want Jisoo's?"

"Yes—No! I mean yes! What the actual Park Jimin?!" Yoongi narrows his eyes at the boy. Jimin shrugs and grins.

Yoongi closed his eyes, feeling the pounding of a headache to his skull before opening them again, groaning frustratedly in the process.

"Just give me her ing number."

Jimin throws his phone at him, "You know you should've given that pendant to Jennie earlier."

"Yes and be eaten with her and her friends right in front of the class. Good idea."

With a frustrated sigh, Yoongi snatched Jimin's phone, copied out his needed number before throwing the gadget back at his best friend harshly. Yoongi grins as it hit the floor with a thud. 

Jimin scrambled after it and as soon as he's got it back without a scratch, he gives Yoongi the stink eye. Yoongi ignores him, hands already on the dial button.

He and Jisoo are going to have a long real talk.  

 

 

 

[a/n]: actually unedited because i stopped halfway nano lmao but here it is. now im going to school. but how is it?