unraveled pt.2

Canvas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

february, week 2, confession/tell me

 

one day earlier birthday gift from me to y'all~
enjoy another mess
(also, this is the song in the entry)

 

 

Sunggyu doesn’t understand how it happens. One moment he was eating the dead rabbit, chewing on his juicy muscles and enjoying the blood that flooded out of them. The next moment, he was lying in Woohyun’s lap, head resting on his waist, mouth washed and nose taking in the only smell that probably mattered– Woohyun’s. 

Maybe he knows how it happens. But he decides to ignore that hour in which was Woohyun gasping and staring at him as Sunggyu had his meal before he had tried little by little to approach the fox. 

“You won’t bite me, right?” He had asked. 

“Wasn’t thinking about it.” Sunggyu answered, and yet again, the tenant only heard a weird moan and growl blended together coming from the fox. 

“Why do I feel like you’re answering me?” Woohyun had asked and could swear he somehow heard the fox mutter back a ‘because I am’. But foxes don’t talk, so he’s sure that didn’t happen. 

Woohyun had finally approached him after long minutes of slow walking and Sunggyu just staring at him, bored. What a weird human. When his hand had finally touched the top of Sunggyu’s head, the fox instantly melted, closing his eyes and letting the tenant move his hand down his furry neck. 

The tenant had carefully washed his mouth that was fully stained in blood. Sunggyu had been scared at first when he tried to put the towel near him– but he gave in quite easily and quite fast. 

He remembers all this, because it just happened. But now that he’s resting on Woohyun’s lap, he can’t find the logic in what just happened. How can Woohyun be so comfortable with him already, not only approaching him but letting him nap in his lap. Sunggyu isn’t really napping, but he’s quite near doing it by how Woohyun’s hand can’t stop caressing his body, from the top of his head, down the middle of his face to the tip of this nose, then again to his head and down his body until his tail’s base. 

Sunggyu opens an eye slightly and catches Woohyun looking down at him with furrowed eyebrows, probably thinking the same as him. 

“This is so strange” Woohyun chuckles, but doesn’t stop the petting, and Sunggyu’s glad. 

 

Sunggyu had finally fallen asleep and by the moment he wakes up, he’s no longer in Woohyun’s lap. The human is laying down on the front couch, left hand on the back of head acting as a pillow and the other resting on top of his stomach, mouth open with soft snores coming out. His head is tilted to the side, as if he was looking at the fox while he slept and somehow drifted to dreamland himself at some point. 

 

 

 

They grow a routine without meaning to. Sunggyu goes back to the white forest when the sun goes down, Woohyun looking at him go from the window. Then the fox comes back first thing in the morning, and waits for Woohyun to wake up and give him something to eat, even though he can easily feed himself at any times. He just chooses not to, because by the third time Sunggyu had eaten something in front of Woohyun, the human had stopped grimacing and started smiling– a little one, just a bit, showing off that he was content looking at the fox eating his meal. Woohyun crouches in front of him and just stares. 

Sometimes, Sunggyu stays near the cabin at night. He finds a bush and curls with his tail around his body, bringing warm and thinking about a certain smell and what the meaning of that smell could have. He’s yet not sure why he’s so attached to Woohyun, why does he even makes the effort to come back to this human. He’s not sure why the human is reaching him halfway, feeding him and treating him with care and probably, just probably, love too. 

He listens through the night. He tries not to. His sleep has always been top priority– he must reach the 10 hours sleep or he would be grumpy all day. 

But it’s like Woohyun doesn’t want him to. 

The human cries at night. He breaks things, screams, reads out loud to authors Sunggyu doesn’t understand and cries himself to sleep with music echoing to the outside, just when Sunggyu has finally gather up the courage to walk up the wooden steps and scratch on the door, somehow bothered and preoccupied. Woohyun is far long gone hearing the woman sing until he’s asleep to listen to the fox outside, calling out his name in longs howls.

Where once was light
Now darkness falls
Where once was love
Love is no more

Don’t say - goodbye
Don’t say - I didn’t try

 

He knows it’s a problem, of course it is. 

But again, it’s not like he can do something about it. 

At least not in his fox state. 

Sunggyu has been thinking about it as much as he has tried to make up excuses.  He has tried to keep an eye on Woohyun at all times, but the tenant sometimes doesn’t open the door. He sometimes stays home all day, doesn’t even try to peak an eye out– as if he has forgotten there’s even a little someone waiting for him outside of the door. 

He doesn’t mind. Of course he doesn’t. 

Because when Woohyun does open the door, the human is smiling. Smiling so wide Sunggyu almost doesn’t see the bags under his eyes. He almost misses the way Woohyun zones out when he’s looking at Sunggyu eat, or when he’s petting him when the fox is in his lap, both on his bed. 

One day, Woohyun speaks out. 

“My heart hurts most of the time” He states. “It started when he left me.” 

He doesn’t understand. 

“I don’t think it hurts because it’s him– I think it hurts because it shouldn’t be him.” 

 

 

“Does it make sense?”

 

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

 

It was meant to happen. Sunggyu knew it, even from the very beginning, from the moment he knew how to shift into a human even though he didn’t understand how or why is that even possible, he knew he belonged more to his human side. 

He didn’t want to, though. He had convinced himself that being a fox was better and easier, because it was. Being a fox was what h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter