Getting Closer

Not Over You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minki looked at the person in front of him with a confused feelings. He was sure that he had seen that man before but he could not remember when. He tried to remember someone named Kim Jonghyun but Jonghyun was a common name in South Korea, and if he was not mistaken, none of them was close enough with him to call him Ren. Ren was a name he adopted in senior high school. His classmates used to call him Ren, saying that he looked prettier than a lotus.

"My friends used to call me that. So we went to the same school?" Minki asked Jonghyun with a timid smile, afraid to offend the older since he did not recognize him first.

"We did. We were really close. You used to call me JR." Jonghyun said with an amused expression.

"JR-ie! Wow, you look different from before. Sorry I did not recognize you earlier." Minki apologized, quickly shook Jonghyun's hand. JR was his best friend during high school. They even dated for a while, right before they continued their studies to college. Minki continued his study abroad in Belgium, and they lost contact after that due to time difference and distance.

However, the JR that Minki used to date was totally different with his current team leader. JR was a quiet boy with a cold glare that could make anyone shiver. At fist, Minki was also afraid of him, but then they worked together in a project and got close shortly after that. Meanwhile, Kim Jonghyun in front of him was someone whose smile was so warm that he could melt someone. Not to mention that he had just talked to a potato, something that Minki believed JR would never do.

"No problem. It's been a long time and we both have changed so much. I hope we can get closer than before." Jonghyun smiled for the last time before leaving Minki back to his desk. Minki bowed a little and returned to his own desk, staring at the pile of works that Aron had just put on his table.

"So these are your tasks for today. You only need to review the financial reports of our projects there and upload them to our database. I'll give you the ID and password after you finish sorting them out. Fighting!" Aron said to Minki, cutely cheering him up. Minki laughed and thanked the older before diving into his works.

Five hours passed by silently, all of the employees were busy with their own works. Minki was looking through his fiftieth report when Minhyun tapped his shoulder, making the younger shriek loudly from surprise. "You surprised me!"

"Sorry. It's break-time. Are you not hungry yet?" Minhyun gave Minki his cheeky smirk, rubbing his belly to show his hunger.

"I'm starving actually. So we can eat now?" Minki asked Minhyun with a hopeful face.

"Of course. Let's go!" Minhyun pulled Minki's arms and head towards the door. Before they left the room, Minhyun looked back to the three guys who were still immersed in their works and shouted, "Yah! I'm going to grab a lunch with Minki first. See you guys later."

Without listening to the others' response, Minhyun dragged Minki out and they went to a restaurant

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter