Bond Magic

Dark Flames
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

 

Here's the double update you guys deserve! Please don't forget to read the previous chapter.

 

CHAPTER 9

Bond Magic (債券魔法, Saiken Mahō)

(bɒnd madʒɪk/)

noun

This Magic has been activated between siblings whomst share a close bond, allowing the user to overlap the powers of themself and their allies in order to boost the power of their attacks by creating a network of sorts between them. This power is useful in a multi-sided battle as it allows the user to act as a supplementary fighter at times by linking the attacks of their allies together to cause maximum destruction.

 

Chanyeol stayed in her room for the rest of the night, falling asleep with his head lying on the side of the bed. The others had went back to their apartments after being dismissed from the meeting, although they all wanted to catch a glimpse of Min before they left. However, Joonmyeon had strictly ordered them to not do so as he wanted to give Chanyeol some time with her. They all reluctantly agreed, understanding that he did deserve to spend some time with his sister, after all, he did suffer the most when she left.

 

Sehun could not compare to the amount of physical pain Chanyeol had faced when the siblings’ bond magic broke. The both of them were granted the ability of controlling fire, and were tied together by a burning flame that gave life to their powers. It was said that when they were together, the siblings’ bond would strengthen and powerful energy would be buzzing uncontrollably in the air. Both of their powers would combine, giving them the ability to launch deathly blows as a dynamic duo, causing destruction in their paths. Even the Ronins were afraid of playing pranks of them, not wanting to experience an early death. Playing fire with fire was dangerous, but adding fire to fire was deathly.

 

Sehun only shared with her the gift of darkness, which were made out of spirits. To be fair, he wasn’t supposed to possess the powers of the dark. Within the first few weeks of acquiring their capabilities, Min was the only one locked up away from the rest of the Ronins, because of her deadly virtue.  No one was allowed near Min for a week, because the spirits were uncontrollable and could cling on to another soul. But hearing her screams of writhing in pain as the spirits haunted her, clawing and gnawing from inside - destroying her, Sehun couldn’t stand letting her suffer alone. Sehun remembered the excruciating pain and effort he took to break the steel door set up by Min’s parents, because his powers weren’t even developed then. His arms still sore from the countless smashing against the door, he crawled towards Min, the both of them curled up against each other and bathed in the shadows.

 

Sharing spirits were easy, they were always flowing in and around while carrying a deathly shadow, murk. When she died, all of the spirits naturally flowed towards Sehun, but also fed on the burning flame inside of her, causing Chanyeol immense pain and pure torture. The burning flame was ingrained in the heart of the siblings, and Chanyeol was not able to escape the agonizing, piercing stab when the flame died. Being a master of fire, wasn’t it be ironic to say that Chanyeol felt like he was being burnt alive? It was almost to say that he was betrayed by his own power. He felt as if he was being ripped apart like a piece of paper that was on fire. The worst of all, there wasn’t any scar, or any sort of sign to signify that he indeed suffered. Some may think that he left the battle unscathed, but Chanyeol felt it was as if nothing happened at all, or Min didn’t exist at all. He wanted a way to remember, be it a scar or whatsoever. But there was nothing, nothing at all.

 

 

Min felt an uncomfortable twitch in her eyes, waking up with a gasp, beads of cold sweat cascading her forehead. The remnants of her nightmare were still haunting her, leaving her restless and uneasy. Taking deep and ragged breaths, Min accustomed her eyes to an unfamiliar ceiling and the dimly lit room, before realizing a weight on her hand. Looking down, she sees that someone - a man, she suppose - was lying his head on her palm. His hair was rather messy, and she could feel the warmth of his face hugging her palms ever so snuggly. Min was questioning herself if she was delirious for slightly enjoying the moment, because neither was she lying on her own bed, nor was she in her own house. Worst of all, she didn’t even know who this strange man was!

 

Warning alarms went off in her head as she panicked.

 

Oh my god, am I being kidnapped? Or is this human trafficking? But it’s already the year of 2534! Do they still do these things anymore?!

 

Min darted her eyes around, looking for any ropes restraining her wrists or legs. She sighed in relief when she realized there were none. But she was far from being calm. Suddenly, she was hyper aware to her own breathing, and her own heartbeat. The sound of everything was amplified, and her own heart seemed to drum next to her ears, It was as if everything around her had a life of its own. The air was buzzing and humming, although it wasn’t an uncomfortable feeling for her. She was well aware of her surroundings, feeling and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter