Amaryllis

Dark Flames
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER 7

Amaryllis

(aməˈrɪlɪs/)

noun

amaryllis; plural noun: amaryllises

a bulbous plant with showy trumpet-shaped flowers and strap-shaped leaves.

 

“You already know.”

 

His last words before he left the chapel was fresh and clear in my mind. I stood rooted to the ground, unable to decipher the meaning of his words. I ran out in the hopes of asking him what he was trying to imply, but he mysteriously disappeared into thin air. My mouth was gaped open in shock.

 

That’s weird.. He couldn’t have possibly walked back to school in 3 seconds. The path is at least a mile long!

 

My head whipped from left to right as a I placed a hand on my forehead to block the sun’s glare, continuing to look for the mysterious guy.

 

Sehun was standing on the chapel’s pointed roof, trying to balance himself as a form of meditation. Kobi fled immediately after walking out of the church, so he was all alone. He watched from above, craning his neck down to observe the girl who was trying her best to find him. He silently chuckled, crossing his arms and closing his eyes.

 

Please remember me, please remember us.

 

With that, he leaned backwards, falling behind the chapel and using the wind to cushion himself.

 

 

A strong gust of wind blew Min’s hair into her face, with a few strands finding the inside of her opened mouth. She sputtered, not wanting to have a taste of her hair. Pushing her hair aside, exposing the scar on the nape of her neck, she took hurried steps back to the school.

 

Just as she was about to take a step forward inside, a horrified gasp instantaneously sounded behind her. Min’s stopped in her tracks, slowly turning her body around to find the source of the noise. Puzzled, because there was nothing behind her except the grass and flowers, with nowhere to hide, she was convinced that her mind was playing tricks with her today. Shrugging her shoulders, she half-jogged the remaining few steps and slammed the door shut.

 

Luhan materialized from the air, parts of his body becoming visible one after another. The invisibility was like a sticker, peeling off from the bottom to the top. Sometimes, he’s thankful for the advantages of his power, being able to avoid getting caught snooping around by Min. But he still needed to learn how to mute himself.

 

Sehun’s hands were in his pockets as he strolled beside Luhan, startling him with his sudden appearance. “Sometimes, I wish I had your power, it’s pretty useful.” He was sulking, because he wasn’t lucky enough to get away unnoticed by Min.

 

“It comes in pretty handy.” Luhan flashed a victorious smirk at Sehun, having witnessed the entire situation in the chapel. “Only the most talented will possess the ability to mentally reflect light-waves around oneself and others, rendering themselves invisible-”

 

“Alright, alright I get it. Kill your ego.” Sehun bitterly interrupted Luhan’s boasting. Luhan replied with a hearty laugh, swinging his arms around the Sehun’s shoulders.

 

“I saw the scar on her nape.” Luhan’s tone switched, his playful demeanour changing to a stern one as his laughter ceased.

 

They both walked side by side, the doorknob twisting and opening on the command of Luhan. Sehun fell into step beside Luhan, who unlatched his arm from Sehun’s shoulders and walked ahead.

 

“So, you’re convinced now?” Sehun meekly asked, hunching his back, making him shrink as he leaned against the walls. They maneuvered behind the stairs, the empty space filled with dust mites didn’t seem so empty anymore. Luhan placed his hand on the wall, muttering a few words of a different language.

 

The stairs were designed to lean against the walls, thus casting a shadow at the the secluded corner. Bright light suddenly poured through the darkness, illuminating the outline of a rectangular shape.

 

Luhan faced Sehun, who didn’t look like the tall boy who was towering over him just now. Giving him a lopsided smile, he murmured, “It’s time to convince the rest too.” With that, he placed his feet forward and walked straight into the brick walls.

 

Is that a door?

 

Min silently hummed. If not for that light outlining the shape, she would have never guessed. She swears that she wasn’t eavesdropping on their conversation on purpose. She was just sauntering back to her room, taking her own sweet time pondering over the events that happened that day.

 

What a weird day, she thought. However, she didn’t know that things were just going to get even more weird.

 

She was crouching down to avoid being spotted when she saw the man at the chapel, following the actions

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter