Day-3

Eyes On You

 

 

 

🐶🐶🐶

 

"Still remember the partner you had for Monday's activities?" Donghyun gave an announcement infront of the kids. All of them were looking at each other as soon as he said that as if they're searching for their partner. Dang, don't he think it will be hella hard to find their old partner in this sea of human? Sigh. "And that will be your first mission, to find for your lost partner," Everyone whined when they heard the instruction.

"Wait, what?" Byul's voice is loud enough to be heard by the whole group but then it's so loud so her voice is kind of sink between the other voices. "That's mean... I need to find for... Oh my God????" Both of her round eyes widened. Suddenly, someone tapped her shoulders which startled her.

"Hey," The voice greeted her, Byul turned her body around automatically gulped. "So, we're together again, huh?" The boy infront of her made a statement that she probably want to hear but at the same times, she didn't want to.

"Oh, yeah, hi." She awkward ly replied to his words. 

"How are you today?" The boy asked her without looking into her eyes. He is trying so hard to avoid her eyes at the moment.

"Well, fine." Byul replied, "How about you?" She didn't know why she asked it back; maybe to make the situation less tense. It's hella awkward, seriously.

"Yeah," He slowly nodded his head. , Donghyun. Screw you for doing this to me. When Donghyun probably didn't even know that he's pairing up with Byul at the first place.

The situation there were really awkward at that moment since most of them didn't know each other and only have one game to play the other day so they barely have chances to talk to each other. But as much as they're awkward to each other, no one could ever beat Jaehyun and Byul in the term of awkwardness. The stupid thing Jaehyun did sure effect their relationship now. They could have stay cool like any other couple but because of his one silly action, it ruined it all. 

Plus, after what happened yesterday, the one regarding Joochan... Adding the awkwardness into the count. She wasn't sure if Jaehyun knows Joochan too but it was almost impossible as she never see Jaehyun at school; she never see Jibeom and Donghyun neither though. Why the hell she didn't pay more attention towards Joochan's friends before? Sigh. If she ever did that, she won't fall into this misery now.

Joochan do text her yesterday asking her, how's her day yesterday but apparently Byul just seen the message without replying to it. After what Donghyun said yesterday, her mind has been thinking about all the things she said to Joochan before. All she knows, she always showed her feelings towards him but he ignored it. And that's it, he didn't like her. That's what she always thought but suddenly, his friends came out of nowhere and said that he likes her? What a joke, right?

Not after she finally found a new love of her... And he's right infront of her right now. , what the hell are you doing Byul? Jaehyun is ing infront of you but you still have your mind on Joochan? Damn.

 

🐶🐶🐶

 

"Are you okay, Byul?" Jaehyun asked when he saw Byul was panting so hard while grabbing her knees at the middle of the road, "We could stop if you want." He said.

"Can---," She tried to catch a breath, "I can't do this anymore," Byul gave up on her legs and sit at the middle of the road.

Jaehyun startled to see the girl's state. Did they work too much or it's just Byul who couldn't do all of this? "Can we sit over there?" Jaehyun showed to a bench not far from them. Well, at least they won't disturb other groups to do their activities. Jaehyun helped Byul to stand up by grabbing her hand and surprisingly, Byul didn't refuse it. 

They sat on the bench and Byul finally could take a deep breath; then letting it out. Jaehyun passed a water bottle to Byul so that she could clear a little bit. She must be really tired. Jaehyun thought. Byul took the water bottle while passed a smile towards Jaehyun who sit beside her, "Thank you," She said and drink the water. Within a second, she already drink half of the bottle. Wow, she's really thirsty. I should know it earlier. Sigh.

"Is it hard to do?" Jaehyun asked as Byul passed the water bottle to him back. Without he realized, he also drink from the same water bottle. No one really realized; neither both of them that they actually did an indirect kiss just now.

Byul shook her head, "Nah," She paused, "Maybe I don't really spend my time doing all of these kind of things. But it's fun anyway." She made a conclusion. "By the way," She stopped for a while, thinking about her next words, "Can I call you Jaehyun only, perhaps? Or you don't really like it?" She politely asked. She couldn't believe that she never call the boy by his name. Jaehyun. Bong Jaehyun. He got a nice name though.

"Yeah, sure, anything you want to," Jaehyun's heart skip a little bit too fast when Byul called him by his name. It's her first time, to call him like that. He let out a slight smile.

"Okay," She giggled, "Jaehyun, so, okay, um," She didn't really know what she needs to say but seriously, she wanted to have a conversation with the boy so bad. When will she ever have any chance to talk to the boy again after the orientation? "Okay, um," As Byul couldn't say anything, Jaehyun initiated the conversation.

"Can I have your phone number, if you don't mind though?" Jaehyun asked abruptly. He didn't know where the hell the courage came from but it just happened. He took out his phone and passed it to Byul without waiting for the girl's answer. Byul take the phone and stared at it for a long time before she finally typed her phone number then passed it back to Jaehyun.

Jaehyun then clicked on the dialled button giving the girl a missed call so she could have his phone number too. Byul took out her phone from her pocket and slide to answer option. She put the phone towards her ear and greeted the caller, "Hello?" 

Jaehyun giggled when he realized what the girl did, "You didn't really check your phone when someone called you, huh?" He showed his phone screen to Byul and obviously it's Jaehyun who was calling her at the moment.

"Oh, yes, sorry," Byul put her phone aside while having her other hand to rub the back of her neck, "I could be really silly sometimes, right?"

"Well but it's cute," Jaehyun acted as if he's muttering alone but it could be heard by the girl. Byul went blush right away; her ears are reddened and also her cheeks already turned to a rosy one. 

"Uh," She stuttered, "By the way, isn't that your picture with Donghyun, Jibeom, as your background picture, and there's another boy there too?" She asked, "Oh God, wait... Don't tell me that's Joochan?" She was hoping that Jaehyun would deny her words  so that her worst nightmare won't happen but Jaehyun quietly nodded his head. 

There's nothing he could hide anymore... Well, Byul eventually will know about it so why would he ever hide about it? It's not even a big deal other than... Both of Joochan and Byul like each other...

"So, that's mean," She lost words, she couldn't believe herself. She wished it wasn't true but it is. Why the hell she never see Jaehyun before? Why she only got Joochan in her eyes? Like why? And now she ing like Jaehyun aka Joochan's friend? What the hell? Seriously, Jung Eunbyul? "Why I  never see either of you at school?" She asked. She was really curious about this.

"To be honest," Jaehyun said and Byul was expecting for some kind of plot twist; like they weren't in same school or anything, "We're always there when you talk to Joochan though. But maybe, you could only see him in your eyes," He said with a slow voice. He didn't know that they day will come where he needs to talk about the things he wanted to avoid the most... It finally comes...

Finally, Byul realized how obsessed she was towards Joochan. Did she really like Joochan that much till she couldn't even see his other friends? And then, she finally realized that she spent her highschool by having a crush on a senior that actually like her back but was too afraid to tell her because of something she didn't know. She thought she was having a one-sided-crush like she always did but apparently she didn't? 

And seriously... It's too late to turn back the time so that she won't like Jaehyun and keep her feelings for Joochan till the day Joochan confessed his feelings to her? But what if he ever confess? Will she react happily or calmly reject him? Can she ever do that when she's actually waiting for that moment the most? 

Most important thing would be, did Jaehyun likes her as much as she likes him now? Or it's going to be like the last one-sided-crush she had? 

 

🐶🐶🐶

 

Byul slammed her body onto the bed as soon as she reached her room. Damn, today would be the most tired day ever in her entire life. She smiled at the thought of Jaehyun. She couldn't believe that today she's actually interact as much as she wanted with him. That chance somehow make Byul fall even harder towards the boy. He is so sweet, cute and adorable. And the way he always spacing out if no one tried to say anything, is so adorable. Byul wished she could freely say about how cute Jaehyun is but she knows she won't do it unless she wanted to do something embarassing.

She took out her phone to scroll to some messages. She could see a message coming from Mihyun. She clicked on it,
 

Today

Mihyun: How was it? 2:05pm Read

Byul: What? 5:10pm Read

Mihyun: Spending time with your lovely crush 5:11pm Read

Byul: PLEASE MIHYUN SDJSHDHSDHSDS 5:12pm Read

Byul: I am the happiest human ever exist 5:12pm Read

Byul: Oh yes, guess what? 5:12pm Read

Mihyun: What? 5:12pm Read

Byul: He's Joochan's friend too...................... 5:13pm Read

Mihyun: Wait, 5:13pm Read

Mihyun: WHAT?????????????????????????????? 5:13pm Read

Mihyun: You gotta be kidding me, how can he? 5:14pm Read

Byul: I know exactly how you feel.... 5:14pm Read

Mihyun: That's mean you have a crush on his friend after getting over with him? 5:15pm Read

Mihyun: What an iconic moment though. 5:15pm Read

Mihyun: You could make a novel based on your crush-life story 5:15pm Read

Mihyun: But hey 5:15pm Read

Mihyun: Are you really over him after yesterday's news? 5:16pm Read

Mihyun: Well, you like Joochan for a ing year 5:16pm Read

Mihyun: So it's almost impossible for you to get over him that fast. 5:16pm Read

Byul: To be honest 5:18pm Read

Byul: I don't know 5:18pm Read

Byul: Real talk 5:18pm Read

Byul: You know my habit of liking someone for not more than a year 5:19pm Read

Byul: And same goes to Joochan. No exception 5:19pm Read

Byul: But........ 5:19pm Read

Mihyun: You're shook when you know he likes you because your previous crushes didn't even notice you, right? 5:20pm Read

Byul: Reality hurts 5:22pm Read

Byul: But exactly............... 5:22pm Read

Byul: What if Jaehyun didn't like me? 5:22pm Read

Byul: Am I going to waste my another year liking Jaehyun and dumped Joochan when he actually likes me? 5:22pm Read

Mihyun: But Joochan couldn't even say that he likes you 5:24pm Read

Mihyun: Are you going to let yourself fall for his stupid game again? 5:24pm Read

Mihyun: Yes, as Donghyun said, he likes you 5:24pm Read

Mihyun: But I don't know girl 5:24pm Read

Byul: I know exactly what you mean 5:25pm Read

Byul: He would tell me if he really like me 5:25pm Read

Byul: Cause he knows my real feeling 5:26pm Read

Byul: But 5:26pm Read

Byul: Am afraid that Jaehyun might push me away 5:26pm Read

Byul: Joochan is his friend anyway 5:27pm Read

Byul: Why the am I stuck between them???????????? 5:27pm Read

Mihyun: But he already like you 5:28pm Read

Byul: Who? Jaehyun? 5:28pm Read

Byul: Lol 5:28pm Read

Byul: Not funny at all 5:28pm Read

Mihyun: The way he looks at you as if he likes you for a long time 5:29pm Read

Byul: Really? I don't think so 5:30pm Read

Mihyun: I'm not sure 5:31pm Read

Mihyun: But I could assure you that he will like you, soon 5:31pm Read

Mihyun: So, please... 5:31pm Read

Mihyun: Forget about Joochan, eung? 5:31pm Read

 

She left the message unseen and locked her phone; putting it aside. Forget about Joochan? Maybe she could do it... if... Okay, she don't know. She's ing clueless right now. As if someone knows she might having mental breakdown right at this moment, her phone beeped showing another message coming in.

"Jaehyun??????????????????" She screamed out loud when she saw the boy's name on her phone screen. .


Today

Jaehyun: Hi Byul 5:35pm Read

Jaehyun: It's me Jaehyun 5:35pm Read

Byul: Yeah, I know 5:35pm Read

Byul: You gave me your number, remember? 5:35pm Read

Jaehyun: Ah, yes. I did 5:36pm Read

Jaehyun: But I thought you haven't save my number yet 5:36pm Read

Jaehyun: Hehe 5:36pm Read

Byul: How can I do that? 5:37pm Read

Byul: Eh, no I mean 5:37pm Read

Byul: Of course I would save your number 5:37pm Read

Jaehyun: You're right :) 5:38pm Read

Jaehyun: By the way, sorry for today 5:38pm Read

Jaehyun: I couldn't say it just now cause you seem really tired 5:38pm Read

Byul: Wait, sorry? But why? On what reason? 5:38pm Read

Jaehyun: It seems like you're having a really hard day because of the activities today 5:40pm Read

Byul: Was it that obvious? 5:40pm Read

Jaehyun: Yeah? 5:41pm Read

Jaehyun: You should exercise frequently starting by now 5:41pm Read

Byul: Seriously, Jaehyun? 5:41pm Read

Byul: Wait, you're teasing me again, right? 5:41pm Read

Byul: Damn 5:41pm Read

Jaehyun: No I'm not 5:42pm Read

Jaehyun: As a senior, I just give some advices to junior 5:42pm Read

Byul: Bla bla bla 5:43pm Read

Byul: You're just like your friend 5:44pm Read

Jaehyun: Who? Joochan? 5:45pm Read

Byul: Who else though? 5:45pm Read

Jaehyun: Really? People said that we're like cat and mice. We could never stay together 5:45pm Read

Byul: Lol you guys must be really cute 5:46pm Read

Jaehyun: Well, I do know that I'm cute 5:46pm Read

Byul: What the hell? 5:47pm Read

Byul: I mean your friendship, you fool 5:47pm Read

Jaehyun: How dare you call me your senior a fool? 5:47pm Read

Jaehyun: >:( 5:48pm Read

Byul: Wait, oh my God 5:48pm Read

Byul: Are you mad at me? 5:48pm Read

Byul: I'm sorry >< 5:50pm Read

Byul: Jaehyun????? 6:00pm Read

Jaehyun: Yeah? 6:01pm Read

Byul: GOD where the hell did you go??????????? 6:03pm Read

Jaehyun: Toilet 6:03pm Read

Byul: Damn, you're gross 6:03pm Read

Jaehyun: But you're the one who asked me, duh 6:03pm Read

Byul: Zzzzzzzzzz 6:04pm Read

Jaehyun: Can I ask you something? 6:04pm Read

Byul: Can I say no? 6:06pm Read

Jaehyun: So it is a no? 6:06pm Read

Byul: Yes 6:06pm Read

Jaehyun: Okay 6:07pm Read

Byul: ??? 6:07pm Read

Jaehyun: ??? 6:07pm Read

Byul: What is your question? 6:08pm Read

Jaehyun: I thought you said no? 6:08pm Read

Byul: God, you always take thing seriously, huh? 6:08pm Read

Jaehyun: Do I? 6:09pm Read

Jaehyun: Sorry 6:09pm Read

Byul: What is your question again? 6:10pm Read

Jaehyun: Oh yes 6:10pm Read

Jaehyun: Nevermind 6:10pm Read

Byul: Jaehyun please? 6:10pm Read

Jaehyun: Um 6:11pm Read

Jaehyun: Do you like Joochan? 6:11pm Read

Jaehyun: I know the question is kind of obvious but yeah 6:11pm Read

Byul: I should've say no 6:15pm Read

Byul: Why do you want to know? 6:15pm Read

Byul: I mean I thought you guys knew about it? 6:15pm Read

Jaehyun: I don't know 6:16pm Read

Jaehyun: Whether I know about it or not 6:16pm Read

Jaehyun: I'm not sure 6:16pm Read

Byul: Jaehyun 6:17pm Read

Jaehyun: Yes? 6:19pm Read

Byul: Are you okay? 6:19pm Read

Jaehyun: Yeah, why? 6:21pm Read

Byul: It's weird 6:22pm Read

Byul: Like how you suddenly ask about Joochan 6:22pm Read

Jaehyun: Ah..... 6:22pm Read

Jaehyun: Is it weird? 6:22pm Read

Jaehyun: Okay, I won't ask anymore 6:23pm Read

Jaehyun: Byul, I need to do 6:24pm Read

Jaehyun: Bet, see you tomorrow? 6:24pm Read

Byul: Uh, okay 6:25pm Read

Byul: Take care 6:25pm Read

Jaehyun: You too :) 6:25pm Read

 

"Jaehyun is getting weirder by time," She mumbled alone as she locked her phone, "There's no way he could like me right?" Byul kept shaking her head as she tried to deny her thought.

 

🐶🐶🐶

 

"Heard that you're getting closer with Byul," Donghyun took a sit beside Jaehyun who was having his leisure time with his favourite bread and chocolate milk.

"Then?" He knows, Donghyun will eventually open up about this as Donghyun is closer to Joochan rather than Jibeom and him. So obviously, Donghyun would take his side on something like this. Plus, he never tell Donghyun neither Joochan or Jibeom about his true feelings towards Byul. All they know; all of them just know that Joochan and Byul like each other. That's it.

"You know that Joochan likes that girl, right?" He said; making an obvious statement.

"Yeah, what's with it?" Jaehyun calmly asked. He knows he couldn't talk freely in this kind of situation.

"Do you like her?" Donghyun asked; causing Jaehyun to drink some milk to clear his throat. Obviously he knows this question would come.

He looked at Donghyun and passed a mysterious smile before shrugged, "What do you think about it?" Jaehyun asked; provoking Donghyun.

"You're not going to betray our friendship right?" Donghyun make a exclamation statement. Betray? Seriously Donghyun? Liking a girl could be count as betray? .

"I'm so not going to talk about this okay?" Jaehyun finished his drink and bread then stand up before throwing the rubbish into the bin near him. Jaehyun then leave the cafe; leaving his friend, Donghyun hanging alone with his numerous unanswered question.

"What's the truth, seriously?" Donghyun muttered under his breath as he put his head on the table.

 

🐶🐶🐶