Day-2

Eyes On You

 

 

 

🐶🐶🐶

 

Second day... And sure it's a bless when the orientation need to be cancelled off because of something that they couldn't avoid; even we have no idea what the hell happened. Anyways, bless God. The kids will have free time for the whole day. They could do what ever they want, for the whole day without having any second thoughts about what will happen if the facilitator saw them. 

But for Byul, going out is totally ain't her style. To be under the hot sunlight? Having your skin burn? Pfft. Totally not her kind of way to spend her time. She would rather stay in the room for the whole day; watching k-dramas or spend some time to watch those variety shows she has been missing out. Good thing she brought her laptop along, she could let out a sigh of relief. Or else, she would die of boredom in her own room. 

As soon as she opened her eyes, she could see her roommate having herself ready to go out. Maybe she wants to go and grab for breakfast. Byul thought. She stretched her hand as she woke herself up. She sit on her bed and rub her eyes. "Where are you going?" She asked her roommate with a hoarse voice. It startled the girl who was about to put on the lipstick on her lips.

"Uh," She turned her attention towards Byul who was having a problem to open her eyes because of the sunlight. She quickly close the curtains so that there's no too much light in the room. She didn't have any chances to have a conversation with Byul yesterday as she came in late. "I'm going out, with my boyfriend."

Does she needs to say that she's going out with her boyfriend? Does she has to brag about having a boyfriend to me? She has those thoughts on her mind but quickly shove it away. You don't want your roommate hates you when it's only 5 minutes since you saw her face, Byul. Stay rational. She nodded and gave a smile to her, "Have fun then." She slammed herself on the bed back as soon as she said that.

She grabbed  her phone that is put beside her pillows. She checked the notification just to see there are 30 messages on Whatsapp. Who the hell texted me a lot? Um, groups? Well, there's no one would text me though. She quickly unlocked her phone and clicked on Whatsapp icon. She scrolled the messages and could see 25 of the messages were from her groups. Told yah, no one will text me. The sigh coming out from is quite loud that even her roommate gave a respond to it. 

"Are you okay?" Her roommate asked as she sprayed the perfume all over her body. Byul quickly shook her head and focused back on her phone. There's 3 messages from Mihyun and the other 2 from... Joochan? Why Joochan texted me though? The only words she could see there was 'Haha'. She couldn't read what he said before the 'haha' one. And now she has a ing problem whether she should read the message or not.

Could she say that she really move on? Or there's still some feelings left in her heart for a guy named Hong Joochan. Afterall, it's Hong Joochan who was always by her side. The one who would hear to every single of her problem when everyone refused to do so. Okay, to be honest, she didn't know if everyone refused to do that but she felt comfortable to tell all those problems to Joochan; like only Joochan could calm her down and make her heart feel at peace. 

Hong Joochan, a boy that was totally 180 degree different from his appearance. From his appearance, you would say that he is a cold city guy but as you get to know him, he actually knows how to make people laugh and feel good when you're down. That's probably why Byul fall for Joochan. Because... he made her smile. 

But how the hell Byul could get close to Joochan if he looks like a cold city guy? Because of a stupid vendor machine incident. That stupid vendor machine brought them together.

 

🐶🐶🐶
 


"What the hell is wrong with this machine?" Byul kept kicking the vendor machine as she already put her money in it but there's nothing coming out when she pressed the button on the item she chose. Seriously, this thing got her nerve up early in the morning. When she was about to hit the machine  using her fist, someone grabbed her hand to stop it.

"Stop it, your hand will get hurt if you ever do that," The boy beside her said while still having her hand in her hand. Byul snapped her hand but then, she could feel it hurt. He grabbed her hand quite tight as if he will never let it go. She rolled her eyes and gave a death glare to the boy as if saying, how dare you hold my hand? 

But... As soon as she saw he was actually smiling and was looking at her, she didn't know why, she could feel that all those madness in her suddenly go away like a wind. As if his smile cured everything. She stunned for a while and looked at the boy in awe when suddenly the boy gave  her a tin of ice lemon tea. She frowned as she looked at the drink. Wait, this is the drink she wanted to buy... But how? 

"How could you---?" She lost words but take it anyway, "Thank you anyway." She bowed to the boy and leave the scene. She felt like she needs to go now or something else will happen.

"Wait," Joochan grabbed Byul's hand stopping her from going. This is what exactly what's on her mind... She knows she was in a deep trouble as soon as he grabbed her hand. "Can I perhaps know your name at the very least?" Joochan asked as he scratched his neck; obviously looking awkward.

"Eunbyul. My name is Jung Eunbyul." She answered and snapped her hand from the boy's grip for the second time; then walked in fast pace so that the boy couldn't chase her, anymore.

At the end, he didn't chase her. But it's her, it's her who stopped herself from keep moving and give herself up. 

 

🐶🐶🐶

 

"I'm going out," Her roommate's voice woke her up from her daydream. "Call me if you need anything. I left my phone number on the table." Byul simply nodded her head as the door closing.

Hong Joochan...

Hong Joochan...

Hong Joochan...

She stared at her dark screen for a long time to see her own reflection in it before she decided to unlock her phone; again. She opened her Whatsapp and clicked on Joochan name.
 

Yesterday

Joochan: Hey, so I heard you enroll today. How was it? 10:53pm Read

Joochan: Haha 10:53pm Read

 

That's it. That's what he sent to me. He's asking about my day. But why? Can he actually stop giving me false hope or is it just me who asked for too much? Sigh.

She scrolled the conversation she had with Joochan. It still hurts no matter how many times she read it. She didn't know if Joochan ever clear his conversation or he pretends like there's nothing happened between them. That's probably why he kept texting her even after what he sent to her... He may not know how that thing actually affect the girl because the girl actually acted that she's okay with it.
 

Jul 20, 2017

Joochan: Hey, is there anything happen today? You've been so quiet today. 9:54am Read

Byul: How did you know? We're only in our first class though. 9:56am Read

Joochan: Because I got my eyes on you. 9:57am Read

Byul: Hong Joochan. 10:00am Read

Joochan: Eung? 10:01am Read

Byul: Can you stop? 10:04am Read

Joochan: Stop? Did I do something wrong? 10:06am Read

Byul: I heard that you get yourself a girlfriend. 10:07am Read

Joochan: Yeah, she's from next class. 10:10am Read

Joochan: But why did you ask? 10:10am Read

Byul: Wow 10:12am Read

Byul: You're really clueless, don't you? 10:12am Read

Joochan: Yah, Eunbyul 10:13am Read

Joochan: Why are you acting like this? 10:13am Read

Joochan: Why are you ignoring my message? 10:20am Read

Joochan: I saw you check your phone, Jung Eunbyul 10:20am Read

Joochan: And obviously you're reading to this message RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT 10:21am Read

Byul: Stop texting me 10:22am Read

Joochan: If I ever need to do that, I need a in explanation from you 10:24am Read

Joochan: Why the hell I need to do that???????? 10:24am Read

Joochan: Tell me Byul. Did I do something wrong??? 10:24am Read

Byul: Having a girlfriend 10:25am Read

Byul: And texting another girl behind her 10:25am Read

Byul: Yet you ask me what the hell you did wrong? 10:26am Read

Byul: Stop it, Joochan. 10:26am Read

Byul: Just leave me alone, okay? 10:26am Read

Joochan: Hey, where are you going??? 10:28am Read

Byul: Not your problem. Don't mind me 10:31am Read

Joochan is typing...

Byul: Another message coming in, 10:32am Read

Byul: I will make sure that you'll be block. 10:32am Read
 

Jul 29, 2017

Joochan: I broke up with her 8:05pm Read

Joochan: Hey 8:10pm Read

Joochan: I told you I broke up with her 8:10pm Read

Joochan: Are you still going to ignore me? 8:10pm Read

Joochan: Yah. Jung Eunbyul. 8:11pm Read 

Joochan: What the is wrong with you actually? 8:11pm Read

Joochan: You've been avoiding me ever since I was in a relationship with Namjoo. 8:12pm Read

Joochan: You ignore me when I call your name. 8:12pm Read

Joochan: You would use other way to go to class just to avoid me. 8:12pm Read

Joochan: Do you know that you're being too childish right now? 8:13pm Read

Joochan: Grow up, Jung Eunbyul. You're being immature right now. You act like a kid. 8:13pm Read

Byul: Have you done talking? 8:13pm Read

Byul: Seriously, Joochan? 8:14pm Read

Byul: I don't think you're that clueless. 8:14pm Read

Byul: I'm pretty sure you know what's actually going on between us. 8:15pm Read

Joochan: What? 8:15pm Read

Byul: But you decided to ignore it. 8:15pm Read

Byul: Because it's me. 8:15pm Read

Joochan: You're my friend, Byul 8:16pm Read

Joochan: Like you're the only who could understand me. 8:16pm Read

Joochan: So, please don't do this to me, huh? 8:16pm Read

Joochan: I told you I broke up with the girl 8:17pm Read

Byul: Finally... 8:19pm Read

Byul: You made that statement 8:19pm Read

Byul: Noted. 8:19pm Read

Joochan: ????? 8:20pm Read
 

Jul 30, 2017

Byul: Why did you break up with her though? 3:07am Read
 

My ing 3 am thought ruined it all. 

 

🐶🐶🐶

 

Byul stared at her phone for quite a long time; thinking about should she reply to his message or not? Should she really do it and make herself fall into another misery again?

Byul is typing...
 

Today

Byul: How do you think it goes? 9:23am Read

Joochan: Oh, hey! 9:25am Read

Joochan: Good morning, Jung Eunbyul~ 9:25am Read

Joochan: :) 9:25am Read

Joochan: Well, I think it went well? Since you didn't text me at all? 9:27am Read

Byul: Oh yeah. I thought about texting you but then I am so tired yesterday... 9:29am Read

Byul: So, I went straight to sleep. 9:29am Read

Byul: I don't even take my bath before going to sleep 9:29am Read 

Byul: :p 9:30am Read

Joochan: Girl...... 9:32am Read

Joochan: Why are you telling me this??????? 9:32am Read

Joochan: You're so gross 9:32am Read

Byul: You still here anyway 9:33am Read

Byul: Why bother?? 9:33am Read

Joochan: Are you still thinking that I'm going to stay by your side forever, kiddo? 9:34am Read

Byul: Well, not forever though 9:34am Read 

Byul: At least for now 9:34am Read

Byul: You're here with me 9:35am Read

Byul: Joochan 9:35am Read

Byul: I have something to tell you 9:35am Read

Byul: I wanted to talk about this yesterday but I fell asleep 9:36am Read

Joochan: Yes, what it is? 9:36am Read

Byul: I think.......... 9:37am Read

Byul: I like someone 9:37am Read

Joochan: Oh, really? 9:37am Read

Joochan: Who is that unlucky guy? 9:38am Read

Byul: Yah, Hong Joochan!!! >:( 9:38am Read

Joochan: Okay, sorry 9:38am Read

Joochan: So who is he? 9:38am Read

Byul: A senior hehe 9:39am Read

Joochan: You know that I am actually a senior to you right? 9:40am Read

Byul: Why are you mentioning that now? 9:40am Read

Byul: I thought we agreed to be each other friend 9:41am Read

Joochan: But it's not a fault for you to call me oppa right? 9:41am Read

Byul: What the are you talking about, Hong Joochan? 9:42pm Read

Joochan: Right? 9:42am Read

Joochan: I don't even know what the hell am I talking about. 9:42am Read

Joochan: Who is his name by the way? 9:43am Read

Byul: Jaehyun. Bong Jaehyun. 9:44am Read

Byul: Joochan??????? 9:51am Read

Byul: Are you okay????? 9:51am Read

Byul: Maybe you're busy. It's okay. 9:59am Read

Byul: Talk to you later, Hong! 10:00am Read

 

Sigh. Why the hell I talked about my crush to him? Obviously, he won't care. He knows that I like him and now suddenly I said I like another guy. Pfft. Who's going to believe that?

 

🐶🐶🐶

 

The day went... Was she supposed to say well? When all she did is watching her lovely k-dramas for the whole damn day. She even skip her breakfast and lunch to watch those things. What a lifeless life she had, huh?

She grabbed the biscuit she bought a day before she came here; well at least she has something to eat. It's already 7pm but there's no sign that her roommate will be back soon. Yeah, she's out there, spending her free times with her boyfriend, of course she wouldn't come early, right? What the are you thinking about, Jung Eunbyul? Seriously, just stop thinking about someone else. It is not even your matter. Get it? 

"Where is Jaehyun right now?" Without her realized, the boy's name slipped out from her tongue. Did she miss him? It's not even a day since the last time she saw him. And after what happened yesterday... Byul sure still mad at him but she likes him anyway. The cute boy, Bong Jaehyun.

When she has her mind thinking about her new crush, her phone beep showing that there's a message coming in. Byul put her laptop aside which actually playing the While You're Sleeping drama starring Lee Jongsuk and Bae Suzy. 

She unlocked her phone and could see it's actually Mihyun who texted her. She sighed. She knew it. It would be Mihyun. But somehow, did she really secretly hoping for it to be Hong Joochan? 
 

Today

Mihyun: Girl 7:05pm Read

Mihyun: Let's go to cafe for dinner 7:05pm Read

Byul: Hm 7:07pm Read

Mihyun: I know you haven't eat for the whole day so never say no 7:07pm Read

Byul: Hm 7:09pm Read

Mihyun: 8pm. Infront of the bus stop. 7:10pm Read

Byul: ... 7:12pm Read

Mihyun: Get your down there or I will ing go to your room 7:13pm Read

Mihyun: You know what will happen next 7:13pm Read

 

She sighed. She could never say no to Mihyun. No matter how she wanted to avoid it, she knows at the end she would follow what Mihyun asked her to do. She grabbed her towel that has been hanging on the bar since yesterday. Did she say that she hasn't take any shower since yesterday? She told Joochan, right? She could smell like a goat by now. What a dirty girl, sigh.

She spent like 15 minutes in toilet. That would probably the longest time she ever had in a toilet though, usually she will only take 5 minutes for a shower... Let's not getting started talking about her disgusting habits. Well, we could bet that Jaehyun would probably reject her immediately. Eventhough, Joochan actually knows all of that... But Joochan doesn't even like her so why should she bothers? She just hopes that she could be herself around Joochan. 

That moment Joochan told her that she's just a friend; and nothing else, she decided to move on and throw away her feelings as far as possible even if... to be honest, she still likes Joochan even after that incident. Or maybe till now she still did. Just, it's hard for her to admit it. Finding a new one is way easier than for her to actually forget about the boy. That's it.

She grabbed her phone and pressed on the home button. 7:35pm. She still have like 15 minutes left before she needs to went downstairs but anyway, it's better to get ready early. She opened her closet and try to find a suitable outfit to wear to go to cafe. One by one of her outfit she went throught till she stopped at a one piece long dress. It is a plain purple dress, it will not be too outstanding if she ever wear it. She took the dress and put it on her body. Perfect.

 

🐶🐶🐶

 

She took a peek at the watch on her left wrist. 8:05pm. Sigh. She knew it. Mihyun will be late. When will she ever comes on time?

"Byul!" Byul could see Mihyun is walking towards her while waving her hand to her. She rolled her eyes. She knows she could never win if she ever tried to pick a fight with her, so let's just forget about it. "I am so sorry that I am late. Eung?" Her eyes suddenly changed to a puppy-like-eyes as if she was asking for a mercy from Byul.

"Whatever," Byul shrugged and started to walk towards the cafe.

"Yah, Jung Eunbyul! Wait for me!" Mihyun fastened her walk to catch up with the girl.

Byul who realized that Mihyun is actually alone without her roommate, "Where is Yuri?" She asked while looking around as she's afraid that Mihyun might left her somewhere else.

"Ah, Yuri?" She paused, "To be honest, I don't know too where did she go, hehe," She scratched the back of her neck. She really didn't know where Yuri went as she already went MIA when she woke up. She didn't left any note for her either. She also wonder about where the hell her roommate could be. Stupid Mihyun, that she didn't ask for her number when they spent the whole day together yesterday.

"Stupid," Byul muttered under her breath and shook her head. Mihyun and clumsiness. I bet she woke up on 12pm so that's why she didn't know where her roommate is.

While both of them busy talking about some other things, they didn't realize that they already reached the cafe. Wow. Too many people in here... Among all of human here, her eyes managed to catch a figure that she really knows. It's him. Bong Jaehyun. Bong Jaehyun is here. Her lips automatically formed a smile as if she's the happiest girl ever. Well, she needs to thank Mihyun later for bringing her out from the room. At the very least, she could see Jaehyun tonight.

Jaehyun who feels like someone was actually looking at him quickly having his head for a tour, he looked around and could see there's a girl actually looking at him with a smile pasted on her face. Jaehyun knows who she is. Byul. Jung Eunbyul. that silly girl who make he went speechless yesterday. After knowing that the girl looked at him, he focused back on his food. 

"What do you want to eat?" Mihyun asked. She looked at her bestfriend and could detect that Byul is actually... was looking at someone? She turned her attention towards the Byul's attention and could see Jaehyun, Donghyun and Jibeom were eating at the corner of the cafe. Damn, I need to sit there. She thought. "Let's go and grab some food," Mihyun grabbed Byul's hand and grabbed her to the store. "Two kimchi jjigae full set," She ordered, "You're okay with it right?" Byul simple nodded her head.

"Wait for a minute, we will send it to your table. Where would you like to sit?" The cashier asked them. Mihyun quietly pointed out to a table where the boys sat. Byul still didn't know the evil plan Mihyun had in her mind. "Okay, we will send it there. Thank you." She passed a receipt to Mihyun after they're done with the payment.

Again, Mihyun dragged Byul. All Byul could do is follow her though, but then she finally realized where this path will bring them to... She lifted her head up and yes, she could see Jaehyun right infront of her eyes, "Yah, what the hell are you trying to do?" She lightly hit Mihyun's arm when Mihyun stopped at their table.

"Can we sit here?" Mihyun asked while having her eyes on Donghyun. Donghyun couldn't look at her straight into her eyes as he's having his eyes wandering around; avoiding the stare given by the girl. "There's no other places and we could see there's an empty seat here. So, yeah." Mihyun tried to explain situation. It's true that the cafe is full but then, she still have her evil plan in her mind.

"Sure," Jibeom answered on the boys' behalf since none of them trying to answer their question. It's not even a big deal. But then his eyes fall on the girl behind Mihyun and only then he could understand why suddenly, they become quiet, or to bexact why Jaehyun looked nervous at the moment, "Ah, okay." He mumbled.

Then, Mihyun took a sit beside Donghyun who was actually feel uncomfortable with their existence there. Byul quietly took a sit beside Jaehyun as there's nowhere else she could sit. That's the only place she could sit. Seriously, how do you expect for her to eat beside this guy? Too many butterflies in her stomach, she might throw up if she ever eat beside him. Sobs.

"Wait," Donghyun frowned his eyebrows as he looked at Byul, "You're Eunbyul right? Jung Eunbyul?" Byul nodded her head and having an expression saying, do I know you? "You're Joochan's c--- no I mean you're Joochan's friend right?" He asked and again Byul nodded her head.

"How did you know Joochan?" Byul asked him. So, Donghyun knows Joochan? But how?

Donghyun giggled, his beautiful crescent-moon-like-eyes made he looks so cute when he smiled. "I was his classmate along with Jibeom," Jaehyun quickly cut his words saying that the girls' food have arrived. The waiter put the food on the table and excused himself.

Byul raised her left eyebrows, "Classmate?" She gulped... They're Joochan's classmate? This is real right? Not a nightmare? "But how did you know me?" She asked again. Ey, no way that Joochan would talk about her.

"How can we not know you if Joochan told us about you every single day?" This time, he shrugged his body and took a sip of his drinks.

"Joochan? Talk about me? But why?" The situation getting awkward and weirder. Byul didn't know why but she was hella curious at the moment. Why would Joochan tell his friends about Byul? There's no other reason... Did Joochan perhaps do like her but then something stop him from telling her? Ugh. Don't think too much, Byul. You know it. Joochan didn't like you and you're just a friend. That's it.

Donghyun looked at both of his friends but there's no one willing to help him at that moment. Jaehyun probably in his own world as of now since he was spacing out and for Jibeom... He felt like he's not in the place to answer the question since Donghyun is way closer to Joochan than him. Well, they do hang out together and know each other's secret but... It's not him who started the topic. Since Donghyun started it, then he needs to end it.

"Because he likes you," Donghyun stuttered as he said that, he gulped to clear his throat. He didn't know whether it's the best decision to do but he's hella tired hiding this thing from the girl. Yes, it's actually the first time she ever talked to the girl but he thought, the girl needs to know the truth before it's too late. Joochan likes her. And forever will do.

"You're kidding right?" She make an awkward expression as she rubbed the back of her neck. "There's no way for Joochan to like me. I mean," She lost words. Joochan knows she likes him, but why? "I think I need to go. I forgot that I have something to settle upstairs." She took her phone and purse then stand up, "I'm sorry Mihyun but I got to go first." She leave the scene.

"Sorry guys, I think I need to go as well." Mihyun excused herself leaving the two Kimchi jjigae bowl untouched.

 

🐶🐶🐶

 

"We're doomed." Jibeom finally opened his mouth when he's sure that the girls were far enough to hear to their conversation, "Seriously, Donghyun?" He sighed.

"What?" He pouted, "You guys ain't helping me at all. We all know Joochan likes Byul, then what?"

"But you also know that Joochan didn't want her to know that because..." He looked at Jaehyun who was still in his own world, "Yah, Jaehyun," He hit Jaehyun's arm lightly, but no response, "Bong Jaehyun, are you okay?" He asked and startled the boy.

Jaehyun woke up from his long night-dream. Thanks for waking me up. It's totally a nightmare. "Nah, I think there's  nothing wrong telling her the truth," He said while formed a slight smile on his lips.

"See, even Bong agreed with me. Thanks Bong!" Donghyun cheerfully said it and Jibeom just let out a sigh of misery. What the is wrong with them?

 

🐶🐶🐶

 

"Jaehyun," Jibeom called out for his name. Jaehyun who was staring at his phone at that moment, turned his attention towards his bestfriend, "You like Byul, don't you?"

Jaehyun smiled upon the question being asked.

 

🐶🐶🐶