Start of something new

Outside raining, inside tearing

Mark woke up in midnight. He remembered that the last time he was awake, they was in the studio and he fell into the water, then...
 

"Is he still sleeping?" - Jinyoung said. 

"Yup. Doctor said he was shocked by the water rushed into his nose." - A low voice came. "He will wake up soon." 

"Hey Jackson, can I talk to you?" - Jaebum said, then their voices softened, maybe both were out.

Mark tried to open his eyes. He still felt dizzy and a little cold feeling, maybe because he was into the water. Mark was embarrassed about himself, he knew how to swim, but almost drowned, and now he was lying unconscious in bed. 

"You wake up?" - Mark heard and realized it was Jinyoung, he stood near by his bed. "I thought you will sleep all night. Are you ok? Are you hurt?" 

"I'm... ok. I guess." - Jinyoung helped him to get up. "How long have I been unconscious?" 

"Not so long. Do you remember anything?" - Jinyoung tried to check that Mark's head was fine. 

"I felt into the water, right? I think I have been carelessly hitting somewhere. Then... how could I get out of the water? You saved me?" - Mark was curious. 

 

"Yes. You was falling into the water. But no, I'm not the one who saved you." - Jinyoung looked straight to Mark's eyes. He was going to say something. 

"So, who..." 

"Jackson." - Jinyoung said softly then he saw Mark's reaction. "When you felt into the water, he jumped down immediately." - Mark kept his head down for a while. Then Jinyoung continued. "Can I ask you something, Markie?" 

Mark lifted his head to look at Jinyoung.

"There was something between you and Jackson, right? You knew him before." - Jinyoung seriously turned to Mark. 

Mark kept silent again. He knew that the thing wouldn't work out like he tried to. One day, someone would ask about this again, about Jackson, or about the thing that he tried to forget. 

"Hey, listen Markie, I don't mean to step inside your thing between you and Jackson, I just want you to know that we're always here, if you want to share something." - Jinyoung d his cheek. "We never see Jackson like this. Like there is one thing in this world could make him care about, there is one thing make him alive. His expression is obvious." - Jinyoung said and chuckled. 

"I didn't mean to hide it. I just..."

"Hey, Markie, you don't have to tell us now. It's ok. I just want you to know that you'll be fine with this job. Don't force yourself!" 

Then a silence passed. 

"You know what he called me, right?"

"It's a Chinese name. I didn't notice it until now." - Jinyoung smiled lightly. 

"Tuan Yi En, that's my real name. I was in Taiwan before coming here." - Mark turned his head down. "With Gaga... I mean... Jackson." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jaebum was out with Jackson. They went to convenience store to buy some water. Jackson stood outside waited for Jaebum. He wanted to stay at the hospital, but then Jaebum took him out. 

"You know why I call you out here, right?" - Jaebum smirked. 

"You and Jinyoung fit together perfectly." 

"Absolutely." - Jaebum laughed. 

They kept silent for a while. Jackson took the water bottle from Jaebum, then he sighed again. 

"For long." - Jackson lower his head. "I was with En En... I mean... Mark!" 

"Do you want to tell me why?" - Jaebum asked without looking at Jackson.

"Why we broke up?"

"Is this the reason why you're always like this?" 

Jackson didn't answer. 

"If you want to have something, you need to come and get it. Don't stay there." - Jaebum put his hand on Jackson's shoulder. 

"You sound like Taecyeon hyung!" - He smiled.

"Yes I'm..." - Then Jaebum planned to say something.

"Then he introduced Jun.K hyung to Mark!" - But Jackson interrupted him with an annoying face.

"Hey!" 

"Sorry. I know Taecyeon hyung didn't mean that!" - Jackson smirked as his stupid thought. Jackson knew that there's nothing between Mark and Jun.K, but he doesn't know why he keeps acting like that. As if anything is related to that person named Mark, he could be acted strange.

"I heard that Jun.K hyung is looking for a rapper for his new song. Oops, I didn't mean to tell you!" - Jaebum acted like he tried to cover his mouth while laughing so loud. 

Jackson opened his eyes wide with surprise. 

"Seriously. Come and get what you want!" 

 

 

 

 

After they came back to the hospital. Jaebum drived Jinyoung home and left Jackson there with Mark. He thought they need to talk about what happened. At least, they need to calm their feeling for each other down, for Jackson's idol life too. 

Mark kept his head down for a while and Jackson sat there in silent. 

"Hey." - Mark lifted his head as he heard Jackson's voice. "Do you want some water?" - Jackson tried to break this silent, he needed to say something.

"Sorry." 

"Huh?"

"For everything. I got you into a trouble." - Mark said. "I should..."

"Hey, Yien." - Jackson tried to stop him. "That's not your fault." - Mark tried to keep his heart not jump out of his chest as he heard the familiar gentle voice speak out his real name. 

This feeling.

So warm.

He sank into the familiar feeling. Mark didn't know why he acted like this, like for a long time, this is the first time he heard his real name with that emotion voice. A warm hand leaned on and bring him back. Jackson put his hand on Mark's. 

"It's ok." - He whispered. When Mark tried to wake himself up, when he tried to take his hand back, Jackson hold it tighter. "Yien."

Then it came back again.

"Yien... or Mark, if you want to know, there was the one who is really important to me named Tuan Yien." - As Jackson said, Mark turned his eyes to face him. "I don't know why we have to be like this. Whatever happened in the past, I thought I lost him, but now, we're here again."

Mark could feel his heart skipped a beat. 

"The day he's gone, more than half of my life was empty. My life... I'm getting used to those meaningless days,... without my Yien." - Jackson took both of Mark's hand and looked up. 

This look, it almost melted all of Mark's defensive wall down. 

"I was confused and lost. You know that? The feeling that depth of your heart won't be filled, it was getting bigger, deeper and wider, day by day..." - Jackson kept saying and leaned on the bed. 

Mark could feel his cheek heat up. Like what he tried to hide before now all showed up, he could feel pain in his chest and also the sting in his eyes. Mark tried to lower his head more. 

"I know it's hard to start what we lost. But I will try." - He kept saying everything, as if he stopped, there would be no chance again. "You will give someone time or chance, if they want to restart... right?" - He asked hesitantly and looked at Mark, waiting for the answer. 

Mark didn't know how he should react. He couldn't deny or just nod his head like there's nothing happened before.

"I will take that as yes." - Jackson suddenly said with an exciting voice, that surprised Mark, as if Jackson immediately turned into a different person. 

"Hey." - Mark spoke out and turn his head up to see Jackson's eyes was raising. 

"I will let you rest. Get back to work soon. Then I will have chance..." - Jackson said and as soon as Mark was about to say something, he went on again. "... to work with you." 

Jackson left after he put Mark back in bed, covered his blanket, then he patted his head while Mark was surprised.  

Mark could not believe what just happened. While he was thinking, his phone rang , Mark realized it was 30 minutes from the time Jackson left and he was still immersed in this strange feeling. 

[from Jackson-shi]

"I'm home. Take care and sleep. Don't lose your sleep because of me." 

OMG.

Mark immediately turned down the phone and tried to cover his body with blanket. 

What's going on? Everything turned into this situation just because of what Jackson said?

 

 

 

 

After that "falling thing", the next day, Mark was called by the company, aslo Sandy was warned about this thing. They had to be seperated for a while, no common works. This is showbiz, this is for idol's life. If company dectects something, definitely, they would stop it before everything came to far.

"Mark, you have to focus on your work. As we can see that Jackson got into trouble more than once, I hope you guys can figure it out." - PD-nim said.

"PD-nim, Mark is new, he's learning. Please give him more chances. You know that, I can help him."

PD-nim nodded his head as he understood that Mark tried his best to getting used to this job. 

"I'm sorry. I will be careful next time." 

PD-nim patted his shoulder. After setting up new schedules for artist, he left Jinyoung, Mark and Babam there.

"Hey, Mark hyung, it's ok. Jackson is more famous now, there are lot of things to do. If you need help, you can tell me." - Bambam tried to comfort Mark. 

"Thank you, Bam." 

"Next week, they have a mix stage in M*, lucky us, we can work together. Yugyeom and Jaebum will have a dance break, then Jackson will have a solo rapping. Mark, did Jun.K hyung call you?"

"Ah, no, I didn't get his call. What's up?" 

"He said that he will send you the song. Call him back after this." 

Mark was really happy. He was introduced to Jun.K and he tried to convince him that Jackson was the promising rapper that fit perfectly with his voice. 

 

 

 

 

He got an email after talking with Jun.K. That song named "True Swag" and it had more lines for rapper. Mark smiled widely as he read the script for the stage. Jun.K wanted to promote that song on M* too, so that meant Jackson would have more than one stage in that show. 

Mark's POV

Finally, Jun.K hyung sent that song to me. I have consulted him several times on a collaboration. He said he also liked Jackson's voice, but Jun.K hyung had to find or write a song that could match their voice together. 

That is the first chance I could earn for him. I asked Jinyoung too, he said that manager wasn't often do this kind of job, we had so many things to solve out. But I didn't know why I kept asking Jun.K hyung after that day. 

Yes, I heard something from Jackson, I didn't mean to eavesdropping, I just... ok, I admitted that I stayed there for a while. He talked to Yugyeom and he also said it on an interview that he wanted to have a duet rap stage with a strong vocalist like Jun.K hyung. Then Taecyeon hyung got my number, so I... tried my luck. 

Now the problem is after that accident, I didn't talked to Jackson at all, I didn't know what to say or how I should react after that message. 

Should I... send message to him? I'm not sure about what will happen. I composed a message...

Jackson-shi, I want to discuss with you about your schedule. Can you meet me at company?

OMG, should I say something more? I kept shake my head and sticked my eyes to the phone. 

But before I could send it to him. A hand patted my shoulder that scared me. 

"You still call me Jackson-shi?" - When he stood behind me? 

"Ja... Jackson!" - I was shaking a little, for what???

"What? I don't bite! Why are you acting like you saw a ghost?" - Jackson smirked with me? Mark, you need to calm down. 

"Ah, no, sorry." - I didn't know why, after that night in the hospital, Jackson had changed and I started acting strange too. 

"So you want to talk with me? Jinyoung said you're finding me." - Jackson sat down and face me. 

"I got an email from Jun.K hyung. He has a new song and he's looking for a rapper that can match with his voice." - I went straight to the thing.

"Then?" - What? Like he knew all the things and wanted me to continue? Am I too sensitive? He was not annoyed about Jun.K hyung anymore?

"I took that for you. Jun.K hyung sent..."

"You did it for me?" - He skipped the important part. 

"Jun.K hyung sent the song to me. So, let take a look." - So I skipped his question too. I turn the laptop to him and turn the song on. I heard the melody too, it's quite attractive and strong.

While he was listening to it, I was out for water and also printed the music sheet for him. When I was back, the song ended and Jackson still sat there looked at me. 

"How is it?" 

"It's cool." - Yes, he liked it, I knew it.

"So... you will... do you want me to call Jun.K hyung?" - I asked, as if he didn't want contact to Jun.K hyung.  

"You thought I don't like Jun.K hyung?" - Jackson looked straight to me. It made me feel... strange. 

"No, I just wonder... because you said... I'm sorry. I talked too much!" - What I should say? I thought last time he's really annoyed when I mentioned about Jun.K hyung. 

"It's ok. I don't hate Jun.K hyung. This is a chance, I will talk to him." - Jackson smiled with me... again. 

At least, he accepted this chance. I felt happy. This was the first time I could do something for him. 

Then we kept silent for a while. When I was about to leave, Jackson suddenly took my hand. 

"Hey." - I was surprised. 

"Thank you." - He said to me. Suddenly my heart was beating so fast. Could he hear that? "I know you did it for me. Jaebum hyung told me." 

Jinyoung, then Jaebum, I should know this couple would be a trouble, seemed like they're Jackson's side. 

"Let me drive you home!" - Jackson stood up and grabbed my hand too. 

Before I could say something, I was in Jackson's car. Sometimes, I felt too tired to stand out everything, so I let everything happens like it should be. Maybe also because of Jackson's new schedules, I was too exhausted, I needed to train myself more for getting used to this job.

I heard Jackson said something but maybe I was too tired to handle.

End Mark's POV

Jackson turned to Mark, he saw Mark was falling asleep, then Jackson smiled softly and took the jacket from backseat to cover Mark. 

"Is it a start of something new?" - Jackson mumbled. 

 

 

 

 

Mark moaned when he felt a hand over his head. 

"Um... Gaga, turn the bell off." - Mark tried to open his eyes.

"It's my phone." - Then a familiar voice came and made him frozen. 

 

---------------

Jackson had changed and Mark started acting strange too. Now they have new chance working with a strong vocalist. Will everything be ok? And will Mark tell everybody about his story with Jackson? 

Sandy also was warned, will she stop following Jackson and hurting Mark? 

---------------

Hi, 

Sorry for taking so long for this short update. I was really busy. But I won't drop this fanfic. So this is just the beginning for their story? You may see that Jackson's changing, but I will take it slow. I want to let you know that I also put more "showbiz" details inside this fanfic, both dark and bright side. 

I will update soon next part. 

 

Thanks for all of your views and comments. Hope you like this. Comments are welcome and please let me know what you think about my fanfic! ^^ 

<3