six

pitch black sky (and other beautiful things)

He doesn't get the chance to elaborate because before Baekhyun can open his mouth again, the sound of Chanyeol's mother's footsteps echo down the hallway. 

Chanyeol jumps in shock and, for the first time, he seems to realize that he hadn't alerted his mom that Baekhyun came back. 

She's in the room before he can think of a way to explain, but it doesn't seem to matter. She sees Baekhyun and it's all over. Quick as lightning, she's on him, holding him tight, checking his arms and neck and face for bruises or scratches. 

Baekhyun doesn't know why his heart constricts painfully or he suddenly wants to cry, but with Chanyeol's mom's arms around him, he feels like he should. 

"Stupid!" She yells out in the least vicious way possible. "Chanyeol, why didn't you tell me?"

She's half crying, half nagging, but all comfort. 

"You stupid boy, are you back? When did you come back? Why did you ever leave?" Baekhyun smiles even though tears are starting to flow. He doesn't even mind being called a stupid boy, really. 

Baekhyun thinks he can definitely see where Chanyeol gets the warmth, the smiles, from. 

"I came back." Baekhyun looks down, dejected and suddenly overwhelmingly guilty. He hadn't even considered what she must've been feeling. "I'm sorry." 

Chanyeol's large hand reaches down to pat his mom's shoulder, his own way of apologizing. She leans into it as she finishes her inspection of Baekhyun. Deeming him safe and clean, mostly thanks to Chanyeol, Baekhyun thinks to himself, she squints her eyes and prepares to question him more.

"Did you eat?" 

Baekhyun nods, leaning his head towards the bowl on Chanyeol's bedside table. Chanyeol's mom looks over and then up to her son, rather proudly, before nodding. 

"You need to sleep. Don't you even think about going to school tomorrow," she warns Chanyeol. "Stay here and rest and, most importantly, don't leave." 

The last sentence comes out like a plea, and both of the boys nod solemnly, mostly out of guilt. 

Baekhyun had forced his tears down, but now his nose was runny. Chanyeol's mom reaches out softly, wiping his nose with her sleeve. 

"You scared me, Baekhyun," she whispers sadly. Baekhyun's eyes sting again, and he bows his head in shame. "Get some sleep." 

She gets up, taking the dishes with her, and gives Chanyeol a soft kiss on the forehead. Baekhyun looks up expectedly, almost sheepishly, and she smiles before pecking his forehead too. Baekhyun feels his heart constrict again, in that way that makes his chest feel warm. Chanyeol watches on, fascinated at the way Baekhyun glows, even with tears running down his cheeks. 

"Sleep," she chides one last time. "Chanyeol, don't you dare make him sleep on the floor. You can get your happy down there instead." 

Chanyeol laughs a little at that. Yeah, he thinks, I could sleep on the floor for him. I think I could do most anything for him. 

She shuts the door behind her, leaving the two boys engulfed in the darkness of Chanyeol's room once again. Baekhyun turns slowly, almost cautiously, before he finally chokes out: "I can tell you why I left later. Your mom wants us to sleep." 

Chanyeol smiles his brilliant smile, rolling his eyes. 

"It's only 9 p.m., but you do look tired. Let's sleep." 

Chanyeol moves carefully as he grabs a pillow and blanket, moving to sit on the floor. He feels a cold hand touch his as he bends down; the soft fingers squeeze his larger, warmer hands in a way that sends a shiver throughout his entire body. 

He looks up too quickly, meeting eyes with Baekhyun, who is still sat on the bed. Chanyeol ignores the way his cheeks flare up at the intense black of his eyes, opting to focus on the way his fingers feel in his hand. 

"Sleep on the bed, Chanyeol," the smaller's soft voice says, hinting at sadness and regret. "You deserve the bed. I'll just sleep on the floor, okay?" 

Chanyeol can see the tears glistening again and he knows that Baekhyun feels guilty. A little part of him rips inside, unable to think of Baekhyun agonizing over this any longer. 

"Sleep on the bed. I'm fine," he insists. 

"Then, let's share." 

Baekhyun says it so innocently -- he sounds so kind, tears welling up still -- and Chanyeol can't say no. Though his heart is struggling to beat at a normal pace, he nods like it's a great idea that won't affect him at all. 

Baekhyun scoots from the edge of the bed to the inside, up against the wall. Chanyeol follows, slipping under the covers and next to Baekhyun tentatively. He can feel the heat of the smaller boy next to him, he can smell the soap fresh from the shower. Chanyeol's heart jumps in ways that are definitely unhealthy. 

There, in the dark, next to Chanyeol, Baekhyun feels like he's safe. He can't describe it in any other way. Chanyeol is warm and would do anything for him and god, when he's with Chanyeol, he's safe. 

"I think mom's are nice," Baekhyun whispers into the darkness. He's sure the comment sounded dumb to Chanyeol, but for him it's a new discovery. He'd never really had one, never thought about having one -- he never considered what he'd missed out on.

Moments pass and he can't tell if Chanyeol heard him, so he opts to turn on his side, facing the other boy.

The taller boy smiles, though he doesn't think Baekhyun would be able to see it in the pitch black room, and he nods. He becomes aware, suddenly, that Baekhyun is right there, looking at him like he hung the stars. 

"My mom is nice," Chanyeol says softly, lovingly. "She's always there for me. And she loves you, too." 

She loves me?  Baekhyun doubts it's true. He shakes his head vehemently. The thought of her smile and the way she looked so worried flash through his mind, the thought of being that cared for aching in his chest. 

And it wasn't just Chanyeol's mom; it was Chanyeol. Baekhyun had been replaying the worried look, the tight hug that Chanyeol had pulled him into. He can't even begin to process the fact that Chanyeol was so distraught, that he brought that much pain. 

"She loves you," Baekhyun corrects, and this time he nods, assured.

Chanyeol listens intently to the way he enunciates the words, the soft breath that blows on his cheek when he says it. The word love slipping from Baekhyun's mouth sends a jolt to his heart. He can't help it. 

Turning to face Baekhyun is a big mistake. The smaller boy looking over at him with sleepy eyes, with cold hands and a lazy smile, tears drying at the corner of his eyes. It's too much. 

He reaches out hesitantly, screaming at himself internally the entire time, before he softly wipes the remaining tears from the corners of Baekhyun's dark eyes. 

"She cares about you so much," Chanyeol reassures, hand still held out over the smaller's face. "I care about you too." 

Baekhyun's heart leaps. Suddenly the heat of the blankets and of Chanyeol's warm hand is too much, and he knows he needs to move, needs to find a way to show Chanyeol what his heart feels like.

"Chanyeol, can I kiss you?" 

The words bounce off of his lips and go straight through Chanyeol's brain. He can't process them, can't even breathe. He nods dumbly, only briefly considering the consequences of his action, before closing his eyes. He waits, not daring to breathe, too scared that Baekhyun will giggle and say it was a joke and roll away. 

Baekhyun his lips hesistantly, leaning towards the taller boy. He watches the way Chanyeol's eyes shut and how his eyelashes flutter against his cheekbones, as if he's forcing himself to keep his eyes closed. 

Baekhyun swallows nervously; he's never done this, but he knows he wants to. 

The distance between them is closed within two seconds, Baekhyun brushing his lips against Chanyeol's in a chaste display of affection. 

Chanyeol really can't breathe now, not with Baekhyun's soft mouth on top of his, not with cold hands making their way up to ghost his cheeks. 

He kisses back as soft as possible, to keep from scaring away Baekhyun, and brings his hands up, too, to hold Baekhyun's waist. 

Neither knows if they're doing this right, but when Baekhyun pulls back, breathless, he knows he doesn't want to stop. Chanyeol seems to feel the same way, grip tightening around Baekhyun's slim waist. This time the taller takes the initiative, pulling Baekhyun closer. 

Chanyeol is practicaly holding Baekhyun now, but he can't find it in himself to let go. Something about the way Baekhyun's hands warm up on his skin, the way his soft lips fit onto his, something about it is almost perfect. 

Baekhyun lets his tongue slip out, almost instinctively, and groans when Chanyeol welcomes it openly. The soft sounds Chanyeol makes in the back of his throat and the way his hand tightens on Baekhyun's waist makes something inside Baekhyun snap. He scooches closer until they're chest to chest, and his hands are carding through Chanyeol's hair. 

Chanyeol deepens the kiss then, almost to the point of being rough, holding Baekhyun tight. When Chanyeol forces his tongue deeper into Baekhyun's mouth, he also moves his grip lower, to the soft jut of Baekhyun's hip. 

Baekhyun moans out without seeming to realize, catching himself a second later. 

He pulls his lips back, embarrassed, but doesn't move away from Chanyeol's body. The heat is too nice, Chanyeol's scent is too inviting. 

"I'm sorry for leaving," Baekhyun whispers, the breath fanning out across Chanyeol's lips. He can feel the taller boy shiver into it, shaking his head as if to say he's forgiven. 

"You can tell me why later," Chanyeol promises, warm hands cradling Baekhyun's hips again. Baekhyun holds in a moan, knowing that this time it is only an affectionate hold. "I trust you." 

Baekhyun freezes at that, suddenly feeling too guilty and too hot and too loved in Chanyeol's house. I don't deserve that. You shouldn't trust me. You don't know me. 

"I trust you, Baekhyun," Chanyeol confirms, his hands slipping up to cup Baekhyun's cheeks. "I've seen you in my dreams as long as I can remember. I've always known you. I trust you." 

At that, Baekhyun leans in to nip at Chanyeol's lips again, softly. He wants to cry hearing those sweet words aimed towards him. Chanyeol can sense the change in mood and he sighs quietly, hands moving back to their regular position. 

"Sleep, Baekhyun," Chanyeol says softly against his lips. His heart is drumming impossibly loud and his entire body is burning up, but he knows that Baekhyun won't believe his words for now. He knows that he needs to rest. 

Baekhyun nods silently, one last kiss on Chanyeol's lips before he pulls away and curls up next to the taller boy. Chanyeol smiles as he feels Baekhyun find his hand under the covers and gives Baekhyun's now-warm hand a light squeeze. 

Baekhyun sleeps that night, engulfed by the smell of Chanyeol and warm hands, thinking of a boy who smiles like sunshine and trusts him, whether he's deserving or not. 

Chanyeol dreams of the same face, but this time he doesn't have to imagine what the velvety pink lips would feel like against his.

--

 

 

 

 

 

hahahahaha that was pretty much just a filler im so sorry!!! and its so short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im a bad author rip 

bye yall its 1am and i gotta take my kitten to the vet at 7 to get neutered