Scene 4

Immortal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

------ I choose to die! I wanna die! ------

 

 

 

“HEY guys…. I’m full already, I’ll skip the lunch. So just go without me, okay?” Ryeowook announced once the teacher wrapped off the lesson and walked out from the class.

“What?” Sungmin said, mostly frustrated needing to go through the break time without his partner with him.

“I ate breakfast too much earlier. So, I’ll just stay in class.” The boy added more to convince him.

“Are you okay?” Eunhyuk being the most understanding friend amongst all asked.

“Just felt little sleepy. I could not get enough sleep last night. Maybe that’s why I felt tired all through morning lessons. I won’t be able to concentrate after this if I didn’t take a nap for a while.” He said with a pleading eyes and soft voice that could even melt a rock-hard stone.

 “If that the case, then just rest a bit while. If you hungry again and want something just call any of us. We will get it for you.” Yesung said using his most sophisticated  voice as he pulled Sungmin’s arm before the other boy make a soap-drama, like a scene of a comrade losing his best-buddy in a battle, there.

“Yeah, sure.” Ryeowook chuckled lightly as he watched Sungmin retreat with a long pout plastered on his face, as a protest for the treatment he received.

By that, the four boys then proceed to the café to have some lunch for today since their stomach now already begging for food. Ryeowook who’s now already left alone in the class, went back to take a seat. Resting his head on the table, he then closed his eyes; wanting to take a nap for a while. He doesn’t really know why last night he cannot sleep at all. Although his body felt really tired, but his eyes refused to close, so he ended up doing nothing but staring at the ceiling, wall and all the animated things in his room. Now, as the consequence, he felt quite dizzy because of the lack of sleep.

After 5 minute of trying, his eyes again felt like they refused to let him to have a rest. Sitting at his table, his eyes then wandered around the empty class. It so silent in here, even the sound of a dropped pin could be heard by the mere ear. And the quiet environment suddenly makes him felt really bored and lonely at the same time. He sighed heavily. His initial planning didn’t execute really well, so he decided to get some fresh air outside in hoping that it can give him peaceful.

As he walked through the corridor, the door to the rooftop that slightly open have caught his sight and interest. Normally, every time he would just walk pass the door, but then again today is not any normal day, so he walks over towards the door. Curiosity invaded his blood vessel, which pumped it into his mind in need for him to fulfill.

He walked to the ledge, stared off at the wide horizon, thinking of how big this world is. The peacefulness that the place offered somehow calm down his nerves. After a good minute of silence, the peaceful was interrupted again by the loud sound of something crashing the hard floor, shocked him. His eyes looked at the surrounding as his legs moved slowly to search for the source of the sound. Curiosity kills the cat.  At the other side of the roof, a figure that’s lying on the floor caught his attention had almost stopped his heartbeat once he recognized the lad.

“Kyuhyun!!” his eyes widened and his legs make a large stride towards the stiff figure on floor. “Ya, what happened?” kneeled down beside the boy; Ryeowook’s trembled hand patted the boy’s cheek for few times. Kyuhyun’s eyes closed tight, while his face looks really pale. “Yaa…” Ryeowook’s heart beating seems little bit faster than normal as he saw a strain of blood flowed from the boy’s palm. The figure of his friend that laying unconsciously there; scared and worried him at the same time.

Struggled, he slung one of Kyuhyun’s arms around his neck and then starts to walk away towards the door, bringing him to the school’s infirmary as quick as possible was what his brain could only make up. The mere thought of the other boy might losing his life if he’s late in getting the treatment, bring shiver down to his spine.

 

--------

 

“Is he okay? What’s wrong?” He immediately asked as the curtain that separated him from the small room reopened, revealed the school’s nurse as she walked out bringing together the aid kits.

“He’s perfectly fine. Nothing's wrong, except for the bleeding. I’ve fix it though.” The nurse said while carefully keeps the medicine back to the safety.

“Thank goodness.” Ryeowook released the nervous breath that he had been held for quite some time all out in one go, after receiving the news. “Thank you.” He bowed politely to the nurse.

“It’s nothing. You both can continue the lesson after the bell ring. It should be fine for him if he’s not a left-handed person.” The nurse smiles to him. Just when he was about to walk to the small room that she just came from, the sudden knocked at the door startled them both and he halted his pace to look at two panic girls that was breathless at the doorway.

“Miss….” One of the girls began. “There’s a girl… she suddenly fainted in girl’s locker room… miss, hurry…” the girl said, horrified. That nurse immediately nodded at the information.

“Let’s go.” Bringing together the first aid kits with her, she immediately walked out the room hurriedly running behind the two girls but still didn’t forget to remind Ryeowook to close the door before they leave the infirmary.

Ryeowook then moved back to continue his way and pushed the curtain open, showing Kyuhyun who’s already sitting on the bed, staring at his bandaged palm emotionless. “Are you okay?” he asked cautiously.

“Yeah…” Kyuhyun answered shortly without looking up. For his part, being such a newbie that still doesn’t taste a single drop of blood that solemnly depend on just drinks like juice and all, didn’t provided him enough energy. And eventually, as he didn’t fulfill the needs required, had caused his moment of weakness likes a while ago.

“So…” he broke off the silence again. “What’s happened?” he asked in mild curiosity. Because he sure that Kyuhyun doesn’t have any intention to tell him even a word about what happened voluntarily, so it’s better if he asked first.

“Nothing….”

“Nothing?? You said nothing, when I felt really scared after seeing you dying like that. But all you said is nothing!!” Said Ryeowook suddenly become furious because of the simple answered. How can suicide be ‘nothing’? He talks about life there. He stares deeply at him. His eyes go darker and felt the wild leap of his own heart as Kyuhyun too, gazing at him.

“Dying…” Kyuhyun chuckled lightly. Smirk appeared on that arrogant face, “I wish I can!”

“W-what you mean? Talking about death like that!” Ryeowook snapped, ignored the sick feeling in the pit of his stomach.

“Being a human for 17 years till now… is more than enough.” Ryeowook gasped, muscles tightening around his heart. “At this age… if I can die, then I choose to die! I wanna die!”

Just in a blink of an eye, his right hand instantly went straight to Kyuhyun’s face, slapped him hard at that cheek.

“Don… don’t you dare said something like that ever again.” His voice cracked, while his body trembled. Clenching both his hands tightly to restrain the anger.

“I’m sorry then…” said Kyuhyun after a moment, without looking at him. His voice doesn’t sound really mean for what he said.

“Don’t apologize, if you don’t think it’s wrong.” Ryeowook’s throat swelled and warmth gathered in his eyes. Kyuhyun was looking at him now, really looking deep into eyes. Just for a mere second, the eyes mesmerized him. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter