I Want To Be Your Friend

Let The Chips Fall As They May

Seungri knocked on the music room's door two times and the teacher opened the door. I was amazed to know that she will be our teacher this year.

"You must be Son Jae Li, I'll be your teacher this year for music. My name is," she said.

 

"BoA! Your name is BoA!" I said, finishing off her sentence.

I know, I'm not supposed to know any K Pop idols but I grew up listening to BoA, so I know her songs. Although, I don't know any of this generations(my generations) K Pop idols, well except for Super Junior and Big Bang.

"Do you know any of my songs?" BoA asked.

"I love your song 'Hurricane Venus'! Uh uh uh uh Hurricane Uh uh Venus," I sang.

Seungri looked away out of embarrassment and Daesung laughed. 

"It's great to know that there are people who like my music," BoA said.

"I LOVE YOU BoA!" I shouted.

Oh My Gosh, that was embarrassing! Just go with the flow.

BoA laughed, then said, "I love you too haha. Welcome to Music. This class consists of some students from your grade combined with some students from the grade above. A lot of girls would love to be in this class so I guess you are lucky," BoA said.

"How am I lucky?" I asked.

"Well, this class used to be the only all boys class in the whole school. That was of course, until you came," BoA said.

"Can I switch classes, please?" I asked.

"Why would you want to switch classes?" BoA asked.

"I don't want the entire population of girls at this school to hate me. I'm going to the office to change my class. It was a pleasure to meet you, BoA," I said.

I turned around and was about to walk to the office when Seungri and Daesung stood in front of me to stop me from going to the office.

"YAH! Move!" I said.

"You aren't going anywhere. This is a great class! I'm sure you will love it," Daesung said.

"I don't want to love it! What if girls bully me as a result of their jealousy. I'm too young to die!" I said.

I tried to move around them, but it was impossible!

"On the count of three," Seungri said to Daesung.

"What?!" I asked.

"1,2 . . .3," Seungri said.

Seungri and Daesung picked me up and carried me over their shoulders.

"You are actually really light!" Seungri said.

I honestly don't think I have ever screamed so much in my life! They carried me into the classroom and then set me on the floor. I felt overcome with dizziness so I sat on the ground and waited for my vision to return to normal. I felt really embarrassed about the mini tantrum I just had. 

"Don't even think of running away again,"  Seungri said.

Seungri and Daesung stood up and walked to their respective seats. 

I sighed. I guess I'm stuck here. I stood up and fixed my school uniform and hair. When I looked up, I saw the class. I was really surprised! Every single guy in this class is extremely attractive. Some are even pretty! I suddenly felt really self conscious about myself. That was until someone whistled at me. I looked around the room to try and find the person who whistled. It was Eunhyuk. I laughed then waved at him. It's always good to see a friendly/familiar face. 

"Everyone, this is Son Jae Li. She will be in our class for the rest of the year," BoA said.

"It's nice to meet you all. I hope we can all become friends," I said, then bowed.

Everyone applauded me.

"Thanks for the warm welcome!" I said.

"Jae Li, I'm sorry to say that we have a seating arrangement because SOME people love to talk a bit too much," BoA said while looking at Seungri.

"You can sit next to Park Jung Min," BoA said. She pointed to a boy sitting at the back of the classroom staring out of a window. The seats were paired in twos. 

I bowed at BoA, then walked to my seat. I felt like I had seen Park Jung Min before, although that is almost impossible, right? When I got to my seat, I realised why he looked so familiar. He is the guy who was playing the piano and chased me around the auditorium. My sister will kill me if she finds out that I am sitting next to Park Jung Min. I slowly sat down on the seat and took my bag off my back and put it on the ground. Park Jung Min moved his chair as far away as possible from my chair. 

"Don't even think of talking to me or flirting with me. I'm not interested," Park Jung Min said.

He seemed like such a nice guy! But, when he opened his mouth to speak, I was really surprised! How can someone be so arrogant?!

"For your information, I have no interest in you either! It's by coincidence that we are sitting next to each other. I have no intention of talking to you unless I absolutely have to and there is no way in hell that I would ever flirt with you. Are you serious?!" I asked.

Park Jung Min turned around and looked at me. I was then able to see how handsome he is.

"Are you sure that you have no interest in me?" Park Jung Min asked.

"I am positive that I am not interested in you," I replied.

"You look awfully familiar. Have I ever met you before?" Park Jung Min asked.

"Ha . . .ha. I don't think we have met before, Park Jung Min," I replied.

"Drop the formalities, call me Jung Min," he said.

"Whatever," I said. I felt like I was wasting my time talking to him.

He moved his chair back to its original position. BoA was teaching us about Time Signatures. I could feel that Jung Min was staring at me.

"Stop.Staring.At.Me," I said, enunciating each word.

I glared at him, his facial expression changed.

"So, you must have really enjoyed listening to me play the piano," he said.

I decided to play dumb. "What?" I asked.

"You disturbed me while I was playing the piano. Aren't you going to apologise?" he asked.

"Of course not! Isn't the auditorium a public place?" I asked.

"So, you admit you were in the auditorium," he said.

"Yes, I was in the auditorium. What is your relationship with Son Ga In?" I asked.

"WOW, you seem to know a lot. She is like one of the countless girls who are in love with me. She has liked me for the past 3 years. Between you and me, she can be really scary at times. So how can I possible like her? It's best not to get on her bad side. To describe our relationship, I would say that it is unwanted," he said.

"I am going to get in a lot of trouble for talking to you!" I said.

"Really! Why?" he asked.

"Ga In hates me. She specifically told me not go to the auditorium ever again or to have any interactions with you. But, in all honesty, you don't seem like a horrible person, although I have to say that you are very arrogant. On the other hand, I'm not that much better than you," I said.

"Thanks, I guess. Do you want to be friends?" Jung Min asked.

"No, I don't want to be your friend. I think you know why!" I replied.

"Ga In can't determine your friends for you. Nothing will happen as a result of being my friend," he said.

"HAHAHA, you obviously don't know Ga In! Once a girl ate one of Ga In's potato chips at a party and Ga In threw her in the pond. I would love to be your friend but I'm not willing to take any risks. Please, understand that," I said.

"No, you understand me. Do you think it is often that I ask a girl to be my friend? No, I barely have any friends that are girls. Guys are so much more reliable," he said.

"YAH! Girls are very reliable!" I said.

"Sure, they are. But, they always fall in love with me and you know, I'm just not interested," he said.

"Are you waiting for your special someone?" I asked.

"No, not really. Anyways, be my friend. After all we sit next to each other in music. I'll protect you from Ga In, if you want," he said.

"No, I don't need to be protected from Ga In. If you answer my one question we can be friends," I said.

"What is your question?" he asked.

"Are you famous?" I asked.

"Of course, I'm famous. Everyone in this room is famous. You are probably somewhat famous as well. A model, I'm guessing," he said.

"Yeah, I am a model. But, I'm probably not nearly as famous as you. In Korea, I am a normal person," I said.

"Who cares if you aren't that famous? I want to be your friend," Jung Min said.

"That's the point. You are famous. You are probably part of a famous boy group, right?" I asked.

"Have you seriously never heard of me before?" he asked.

"Never," I replied.

"Well, that is kind of insulting. I'm part of a boy group called SS501," he said.

"I'm sorry for not knowing. I have lived in Italy for the past ten years. Today, is my second day in Korea. I will try harder to learn all of the singers, actors and models here. I'm scared of what will happen as a result of being your friend. But, Seungri is my best friend and I am sure that he probably has a large fan base. So, lets be friends," I said.

"Thanks for agreeing to be my friend. I'm going to introduce you to all of the members of SS501," he said.

"Well, I can't wait to meet your friends!" I said.

"Class, there is going to be an assignment handed out next week. It will be a performance in pairs. So, start thinking about who you want to work with," BoA said.

I wonder who I should go with. Well, I have a week to decide. For the rest of the lesson I took notes about Time Signatures and Note Durations. The bell rang, signaling the end of the class.

"Do you want to hang out with me at lunch?" Jung Min asked.

"No, thanks, maybe another time," I said.

I walked towards Seungri and Daesung, then linked arms with both of them.

"So, you and Jung Min, EH?" Seungri whispered in my ear.

"NO! We're just friends!" I replied.

"That's what they all say," Seungri said.

"Well, I'm telling the truth!" I said.

"I believe you," Daesung said.

"Thank you, Daesung!" I replied.

We walked towards our next class. My absolute favourite class, MATHEMATICS YAY!