Big Bang

Let The Chips Fall As They May

Recap

I saw the three girls from before in the auditorium glaring at me. Uh Oh . . .

Present Time

"Why are you smiling, huh?" the middle girl asked me.

"What were you doing with our oppa? You ," the girl on the right said.

"Don't even think of stepping into the auditorium again because our oppa doesn't even like you, you ugly rat," the girl on the left said.

"Umm . . ." I said.

Who are they? What did I do for them to be so rude to me?

"You must be wondering who we are. From left to right. My name is Miyen, her name is Ueyeon and her name is Seyien. You don't want to mess with us!" Miyen said.

The sound of high heels could be heard coming down the hallway.

Click clack, click clack, click clack.

A beautiful girl emanating power strutted down the hallway.

The three girls stood in a line, blocking me from whoever had come.

"YAH! What are you three doing here? Don't you have anything better to do with your time?" the girl asked.

"This thing right here, was in the auditorium with Oppa and she came out smiling and laughing!" Ueyeon said.

"Move out of the way so that I can see her," she said.

They separated and I came face to face with someone I honestly didn't expect to see. My sister Ga In.

"YAH! Tell her your name, don't just stare at her like that, ew," Seyien said.

"It's okay. I already know her name," Ga In said.

"What?! How?" Miyen said.

"She's the new kid, obviously. Now can the three of you please go away so that I can talk to her in private?" Ga In asked.

They all bowed and left.

Ga In turned and glared at me.

"Why are you doing this? Why do you always feel the need to have the thing that I want the most? Wasn't it enough for you to go and live in Italy? Did you really have to come back to Korea and make my life a living hell? That guy in there is mine so don't even think of going to the auditorium ever again to see him! You don't deserve a guy like him," she said.

"Stop. I don't even like him! I don't even know his name! I was just in the auditorium listening to him play the piano," I replied.

"No, you weren't. I know you and you would never do something as simple as that. You've always been a manipulative freak," Ga In said.

My eyes started to become moist. I am determined to not cry in front of my sister.

"You know what! I'm not going to even bother arguing with you. You have a prejudice opinion and nothing I say will change that," I said.

"I am extremely popular here, so you don't want to mess with me, Lil Sis. Stay away from him or else I will force you to. Who cares if we are related? I certainly don't! Laters sis," Ga In said, then walked off.

I care that we are related. I care that Ga In hates my guts, but I certainly don't care about that guy. I just met him! Heck, he probably doesn't even know I exist. My back slid down the wall and I sat on the ground. I brought my knees to my chest and buried my head on my knees. My long brown hair covered my face. I cried my heart out. All those emotions that I had bottled up, I let out. Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands fall on my shoulders. I instantly knew who it was. My best friend.

"There, there don't cry, that evil witch doesn't deserve your tears," he said.

"Thanks Seungri. I missed you!" I replied.

"I missed you too, now get up so I can introduce you to my friends," he said.

Seungri helped me to stand up. I took my lunch box out of my bag and shared it with Seungri. We walked in silence towards his friends. Normally, we would have an animated discussion but I was really nervous about meeting his friends. Will they be nice? Will they hate me? Will they like me? I pondered about these questions in my head and stuffed food in my mouth to help myself relax. 

"Woah, don't eat so fast. You'll get indigestion. I'm sure that they will love you!" Seungri said.

I nodded. One can only hope. I put my lunch box back in my bag.

"We're here," Seungri said.

We stood outside a door with a sign that read 'Big Bang'.

"Are you and your group of friends called Big Bang?" I asked.

Seungri had a weird expression on his face.

"Yeah, you could say that," he replied.

"That's cool!" I said.

"Yeah, it is. Are you sure that you have never heard of 'Big Bang' before?" Seungri asked.

"Nope, never. Unless you mean The Big Bang theory but I am positive that you are not referring to that Big Bang," I said.

"Well, this should be funny," he said.

Seungri typed a passcode on the keypad.

The door opened. Inside was a beautiful dance studio. Of course coloured purple to go with the school colours.

I walked in to see 4 guys sprawled on the ground.  Most likely tired after practicing hard. When we walked into the room they all stood up and bowed. I felt inclined to bow back.

"Guys, this is my long lost best friend Son Jae Li. Introduce yourselves," Seungri said.

"Hi, my name is Choi Seunghyun or TOP or Tempo. I'm the eldest in our group. Nice to meet you!" TOP said.

"I like your blue hair! It's very eccentric," I replied.

"Thanks, I'm sure we'll get along just fine," TOP said.

"My name is Daesung or D Lite. I am the second youngest in our group," Daesung said.

"You seem like a very happy person! It's nice to meet you," I replied.

"Hi, my name is Taeyang or Sol or Dong Young Bae. It's nice to meet you," Taeyang said.

"The pleasure is mine," I said.

"I guess we saved the best till last. My name is G-Dragon or Kwon Jiyong and I am the leader of Big Bang but I'm guessing you already knew that," G-Dragon said.

"Actually, I didn't know that. Today was the first time that I heard of Big Bang," I replied.

"Really! We are actually quite famous!" G-Dragon said.

"That is great for you all!" I replied.

"Do you know anything about us?" TOP asked.

"No, I don't, but I am going to make an inference that all of you are dancers because Seungri has always loved dancing," I said.

"Correct, well partly. We are entertainers. We all do different things whether it be singing, dancing, rapping or acting," TOP said.

"Look around the room," Taeyang said.

There were posters covering the walls of the room, all of Big Bang. I can't believe that I didn't notice them before. I guess I was just amazed by the grandeur of the room.

"Are you like Super Junior?" I asked.

"Yes, we are a boy group like them but we have a slightly different feel of music. Each group is different. Actually, you might see Super Junior around the school. There are numerous celebrities at this school. All of the musicians have their own rooms. Welcome to Big Bang's dance room," Daesung said.

"Thanks," I replied.

"Would you like to watch us practise our new songs?" Seungri asked.

"Sure, I would love to!" I replied.

I sat down on a chair at the side of the room. They all turned to me and danced in my direction. I had a perfect view of them singing and dancing. The first song that they practised was 'Bad Boy'. They are all really cool! The song has really meaningful lyrics. Daesung has an amazing voice and so does Taeyang. They are all really charismatic and TOP is great at rapping. I was totally immersed in the song! I found myself singing along to the chorus. It is really easy for me to pick up on lyrics and choreography by listening/watching it. The next song that they practised was 'Fantastic Baby'. It is a really catchy song! I love the 'WOW, Fantastic Baby!' part.

I was so surprised when I heard TOP say, "Boom Shakalaka!" I pretended to be a fan girl and screamed out 'Boom Shakalaka' whenever I heard TOP say it.

 

When the song ended I felt kind of disappointed because I experienced the most fun I have had in a long time by watching them practise. TOP went to the stereo and replayed 'Fantastic Baby'.

"Come and join us! I know you learnt all of the choreography while watching us dance," TOP said.

I stood up and stretched a bit. I took my place next to TOP and started to dance. I realised how much I have missed dancing. I guess you could say that I went into my own little world. It was so relaxing to dance! I was still dancing when the music ended.

"Yah, Jae Li! You can stop dancing now," Seungri said.

"Sorry, Seungri. I was having too much fun," I said.

"You are a really great dancer!" G-Dragon said.

"Thank you!" I replied.

The bell rang. I guess that's our cue to go to class. We all went and picked up our bags off the floor. I looked through my bag for my timetable.

"What class do you have now?" Taeyang asked.

"I have music in room 312," I replied.

"You are in the same class as Daesung and I! We probably have a similar timetable," Seungri said.                          

I compared my timetable to Seungri's and it's exactly the same which means I have the same classes as Seungri and Daesung.

"Come on, let's go we'll take you to our class. You'll be really surprised who our teacher is!" Daesung said.

We said farewell to TOP, Taeyang and G-Dragon. While we walked to the music room, Seungri told me about everything that had happened while I was in Italy. I am really proud of Seungri for going after his dreams. Although, I have to say that I feel quite insignificant being in a school full of celebrities. But, Daesung assured me that there are hundreds of 'normal' people at this school. Although most of them are fan girls. Seungri told me that I am not classified as 'normal' because my father owns Versace and I am a great singer and dancer. Not many people know that about me and I'm not sure if I want everyone to know. I am excited about music! Although it will be nothing like what I had imagined.