My Fun Plane Ride

Let The Chips Fall As They May

*Flashback*

"Jae Li, I got you a present! I hope you'll like it! Only open it once you are on the plane, okay?" my awesome father said to me. He then enveloped me in his warm bear hug.

Present Time

Tears were covering my vision. I'll miss my father A LOT! It was my decision to come to Korea and I am going to make the most of my stay. I opened the box of my present and smiled. It was a cute skirt.

I read the note attached.

My dearest daughter,

You are the first person in the world to own this skirt!

You are my only daughter and I love you more than anything in the world. Call me often :)

-Love Dad

I smiled then put away the skirt. My flight isn't too long. It is 11 hours and 31 minutes. I wanted to be in Economy but my dad was completely against the idea of me flying in anything less than first class. That is the difference between him and my mum. You could say that my mum is a conservation. But, I love them both equally. I absolutely love the twilight series! Bella and Edward are so cute! I decided to read the first book and that took me 2 hours. I was beginning to grow bored.

Suddenly, I heard loud noises coming from the seats near mine. I decided to go investigate! Oh Gosh, I think I have been reading too many mystery books! I stood up, stretched my muscles, then walked into the aisle of the plane.

I was quite disappointed actually! It was only a group of five guys playing UNO. But, let me tell you, they were quite attractive guys! Korean, maybe?

I decided to watch them play UNO from my chair. It was really funny! The person who lost would have to eat something horrible! The first penalty was a cracker with wasabi spread on it. A cute guy with black hair whom they called 'Fishy' had to eat it. Oh My Lollipop! It was so funny that I had tears falling down my cheeks. First he smelled the cracker, then crinkled his nose in disgust. He opened his mouth and popped the cracker in. His face immediately turned red, he gasped for air and croaked that he wanted water. He compared eating wasabi to the feeling of ants crawling in his brain. I was laughing my head off like some psychotic freak. 

Suddenly, all five of them turned and stared at me. AWKWARD, I probably looked like some crazy person laughing at nothing. I coughed a bit too loudly and looked away.

"Are you Korean?"  one of them asked me.

A bit straightforward, i think.

"Ne, Annyeonghaeseyo," I replied

"Do you know who we are?" he asked

I laughed. "Well I just met you so how would I know who you are?" I asked

"We are Super Junior," he said

"Yeah, and I am Wonder Woman." I laughed to myself at how funny I am.

"No, seriously, we are Super Junior," he said.

"Like I said before, I am Wonder Woman." I was getting a bit tired of their joke. Like, what is Super Junior? A store?!

"Have you ever heard of Super Junior before?" he asked

"No, I haven't," I replied. 

"We are a South Korean boy group with 13 members plus 2 in Super Junior M. The five of us decided to go to Italy for our 1 week break. My name is Eunhyuk and these are my friends Leeteuk, Donghae, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun," he said.

"My name is Son Jae Li, it's nice to meet you all," I slightly bowed.

"Would you like to play UNO with us?" Donghae asked.

Well I don't have anything better to do.

"Okay, sure."

I sat in the chair they got for me. They are extremely attractive face to face. How did I get so lucky? We played two more rounds of UNO. Ryeowook lost the first game and had to eat a watermelon with fish sauce poured on top with a small piece of chocolate cake as a decoration. I lost the second game, unfortunately, I guess my luck ran out. I had to eat a piece of vanilla cake with guacamole and wasabi spread on top with some gummy bears as decorations. I had to smile while I ate it because Eunhyuk recorded me eating it. Leeteuk taught me how to dance 'Sorry Sorry' and I must say, it is a very fun dance! We played a few more rounds of UNO without a penalty for losing. I noticed that they were all really tired. They must work really hard in Super Junior for them to be so tired.

"All of you should go to sleep, now," I said.

"It's okay, we aren't tired," Donghae said.

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. I'll even sing you all a song to help you sleep!" I said.

I pushed all of their chairs back so that they were in a sleeping position, then sang 'The Only Exception' by Paramore. They were all amazed at how well I can sing. I sang them a few more songs and they were fast asleep. They look so peaceful while they are sleeping! I put blankets on them all and went back to my seat to sleep. I am so thankful to have met them and will treasure all of our memories together. I then found myself in dreamland. I woke up to the sound of someone telling me to play with them. I opened one eye and saw Kyuhyun's happy face next to me.

"Well, hello to you too," I said.

"Get Up! We want you to play with us," he said.

I looked at my comfortable seat then back at him.

"But . . ."

"No buts, just get up please," he said.

I sighed. I walked to where they were sitting and sat next to Ryeowook. We had 1 hour left to go with our flight. They taught me how to sing and dance their songs. It was so much fun! We then took funny photos and exhanged numbers. Before we knew it, it was time for the plane to land so I said goodbye to them all and went back to my seat. I looked back at them one last time and saw them all putting on makeup and sunglasses. I must admit, they all look really cool with or without makeup. I then braced myself for the plane's landing. The plane landed safely. I grabbed my bags, then got off the plane. I waved to Super Junior and they waved back.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic about living in Korea. Once I got to the baggage claim area I screamed "ANNYEONGHAESAEYO KOREA! DID YOU MISS ME?!" Some people looked at me weirdly but I honestly couldn't care! I have a good feeling about living in Korea. My journey officially starts now.