The Missing Will

The Kims
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Third Person's POV]

One Week Later:

The news about Jisoo's kidnapping has finally calmed down. The Kims especially the younger ones were forced to skip school for that period of time.

Jisoo was forced to stay at the hospital again while Jinwoo took care of the business regarding Hyunbin's case. Hyunbin's family apologized and pleaded with them to spare Hyunbin. Jinwoo and the rest of the Kim siblings were strongly against it but Jisoo also begged her brothers and sister to forgive Hyunbin as he is a troubled man.

Hyunbin then was placed in a facility where he can be cured of his mental problem and can be watched 24/7.

*****

[Jinwoo's POV]

I stretch my arms as i finish the company's papers. Now that Aunt Hee Ae is out of commission, i am now the CEO of Kimshin Group and that is a very big responsibility for me to take.

I sigh when i hear a knock on my office door. It is followed by a voice. "Sajangnim?"

"Come in, Secretary Jang."

My secretary enters my office. "Chairman Yang Hyunsuk is here to see you."

"The Chairman?" I frown. "Okay, let him in."

Jang Suwon leaves and appears once again with the head of Kimshin's board of directors behind him. I stand and greet my visitor.

"Chairman." I nod towards him and head towards the center.

"Kim-sajangnim." Yang Hyunsuk smiles and nods back.

"Please, take a seat." I gesture to one of the sofas.

We take our seats.

"Do you have something to talk to me about, Mr. Chairman?" I ask. "You could've just called for me and i would've come to you instead."

"No, that would've been too much." The Chairman smiles. "I can't actually do that to the President of one of the largest Companies in South Korea."

I laugh. "Please, even i'm still not used to it."

"But don't be too certain, Kim-sajangnim. Without that Will your grandfather had left for you, your Aunt will keep coming for you and the company."

"I--"

"Do you know why i even agreed for your dismissal, sajangnim?" Chairman Yang Hyunsuk suddenly asks.

I swallow before shaking my head.

"Because your Aunt told us that you love being a Doctor." Yang Hyunsuk then looks at me straight in the eyes. "Your grandfather and i were good friends and he made me promise to look out for you." There's a pause. "What Hee Ae told me that day made me think if i was really doing my job of looking out for you."

"Sir please, you don't have to--"

"Letting you succeed as CEO as what your grandfather would've wanted or be what you truly want, saving lives as a doctor. I was torn between the two."

"Is that why you agreed to my Aunt's scheme of kicking me out of the comapany? To save me from the hassle of choosing for my own self?"

"No." The old man shakes his head before smiling sadly. "I did it for myself actually."

"What?"

"To save ME from the trouble of making the decision for myself, i let you choose and this is what happened." He looks at me with so much guilt and regret. "I know, i'm a terrible man."

"No." I whisper. "You're not."

"You chose Kimshin over your profession. I made you abandon your dream. Just say it, i'm a horrible man."

"No." I say sternly.

"Jinwoo-ah."

"Listen to me first, Mr. Chairman." I raise my hand. "You're wrong about everything."

"What do you mean?"

"Yes, you let me choose and honestly it was a struggle for me but if you think about it clearly, it was something i need to decide for own self." I try to smile. "And besides, grandpa would've done the same thing you did."

"But--"

"Chairman Yang Hyunsuk." I say, stopping him. "I still haven't given up on being a doctor yet."

The Chairman's scowl deepens.

"But i know how to prioritize things that is why i chose to postpone my dream and wait for Jinhwan to graduate."

"You mean--"

"Yes, Mr. Chairman." I smile. "I intend to pass this title to my younger brother. You saw him in action last week. You can count on him."

"Ah, yes." Yang Hyunsuk also smiles, looking amused. "He seems to be a man who would do great on his job."

I nod. "Once he finally settled in the company, i'll go back to being a doctor. Don't worry, he's a very capable man."

"I see." Yang Hyunsuk heaves a sigh. "You've already thought about this."

"Yes." I say. "I hope you'll approve of this."

"What are you saying?" The old man laughs. "You don't need my permission for this. You, young man is very capable of that already." He looks at me admiringly. "I just wish your grandfather would've seen this."

"Yeah, me too." I smile sadly.

"Anyway, i should get moving." The Chairman stands up. "I don't want to waste any of your precious time than i already did."

"Ah, yes." I also stand and usher him to the door. "I'm sure you also have some things you need to do."

"Ah! I almost forgot." The Chairman stops in front of the door and turns around to fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter